moog modular forum

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
b.frame

moog modular forum

Post by b.frame » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:31 pm

When do you think they will add one? I have so many questions.

latigid on

Re: moog modular forum

Post by latigid on » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:10 am

Good question, but I don't think that this will be a priority for Moog.

It looks like about 250 units will be built in this run. While there's a lot of gear lust and armchair analysis to come, the people who actually buy these aren't likely to be you or I. (Or did you already order one?) The Moog forum is less and less the starting point for discussion as Facebook has taken its place. This might be a good place to ask questions and also drain your bank account :):

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24

b.frame

Post by b.frame » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:47 pm

I ordered one, but, besides that, I would think they would have one, to discuss their product, specifically. I do not know, for certain, but I don't think this limited run will be the end of this endeavor. So, even if they continue building only modules, it would be good to have. The have one for guitars, did they sale a ton of those?

b.frame

Post by b.frame » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:49 pm

Thanks, for the link to muffwigglers, I've been perusing it, all day. Lots of info, there.

nicholas d. kent

Post by nicholas d. kent » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:20 am

Though it is fair to say the topic surely will generate far more forum questions and dialog than say the 500 series.

I suggest muffwiggler and have been there for years though be prepared for 2 out of 3 posts saying the old or new moog they only saw on youtube is insanely expensive and the only synth they are familiar with, the one they bought last year, is so much better.

b.frame

Post by b.frame » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:54 pm

Yeah, I get that. GS is the same. Isn't the buchla around 25,000? I don't see anyone complaining about it.
Still stands to reason, they should have a specific modular section on here.

nicholas d. kent

Post by nicholas d. kent » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:01 am

GearSlutz? Not really the same. The thing is MuffWiggler has the overwhelming majority of members are modular synth users or soon to be users. GearSlutz is far more a free for all of people with no real interest in anything even hardware based voicing an opinion let alone an interest in modular synths.

Actually an entry level Buchla is like $2500. The website shows configured systems as examples of what could go into a system of a size and price. Like Moog systems, there are several parties putting out clones with various degrees of accuracy, often modules refitted into eurorack format -- though the 1970s 200 series are far closer copied than anything new (200e series) which seem to inspire more look and feel influenced modules

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:09 am

I think that Moog will eventually have a sub forum for Modular here and it should fit nicely between General and Voyager. There are plenty of threads started and contributed to with modular details within the General forum and since the new modulars ARE the same as original modulars, there will be lots to discuss including adding new modules whether or not Moog makes them.

If nothing else, many of the Moog clones including MOS-LAB and some of the STG modules are voltage and signal compatible so that will lead to folks who want to make and mount modules side by side in new 1P style cabinets.

As far as the size of the community, many who are on Muffs (maybe 5 with another 5 lurking) are also here but instead of posting to the "5U" forum which is dominated by dotcom and MOTM (not that there is anything wrong with those formats), they can post here and be a happy bunch of about a hundred.

I will be one of them.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:31 pm

EMwhite wrote:many who are on Muffs (maybe 5 with another 5 lurking) are also here
8)
John L Rice
MiniMoog, MinitMoog, MG-1, Sub Phatty, 5U modulars, Eurorack modulars

Bryan B

Post by Bryan B » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:19 pm

I am on Muff's and here (same handle even). I have a 99-space modular system of Mostly Moog Unit and some MOTM. Even though I didn't buy one of the new Moog modular systems, I am interested in a forum being created to discuss them.
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

Vince Ascoli

Post by Vince Ascoli » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:53 am

Bump, +1. May we please have a modular forum? Would love a buy/sell forum also. I can see that the 500 series forum, is eating up a lot of resources... :wink:
Voyager Select Maple Jade, Voyager Aluminum, Xpander, OB-8, Prophet~6, Virus Ti Pølar, DX5

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:08 am

They are probably waiting until the launch of all the individual modules! :shock: :lol: 8) 5U and Eurorack maybe? :?: :!:
John L Rice
MiniMoog, MinitMoog, MG-1, Sub Phatty, 5U modulars, Eurorack modulars

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:30 am

Vince Ascoli wrote:Bump, +1. May we please have a modular forum? Would love a buy/sell forum also. I can see that the 500 series forum, is eating up a lot of resources... :wink:
Why not a modular forum for all of them? Maybe a modular/500/eurorack section?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:14 pm

I thinks its safe to say they probably won't do a dedicated forum/website like they did with the Taurus though :wink:
(I feel bad that place goes to waste..)

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:38 pm

The first topic will be the "It doesn't sound like the original" flame war.

The second will be "When can we purchase JUST the 907a" and I'll start that one myself. :)
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.