Tell us about your rig

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
MRNUTTY

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by MRNUTTY » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:18 pm

To round out the show and tell since we're showing drum sets et. al. :-), here's the final corner of the studio with the bulk of the gizmo's. :-) details explained below.
equipment corner
equipment corner
Just to the right of the rack mount is my studio desk, underneath which I keep my main DSP's that have remotes up above; 2 Kurzweil KSP8's, 2 Lexicon L300's, and an Eventide H8000FW. Amazing effects! To the right of that (not shown) are all the A/D and D/A gear midway between the Mac Pro and the Patch bay. Some have ADAT links and Firewire I/O's in addition to analog I/O. BTW, these are indeed mounted horizontally. The rack mount case(s)- set on their side, with big munchy rubber wheels - were just the right height for the studio desk.
under desk
under desk
Here's where I keep the patch bay, a hard disk recorder (not too much use anymore with ITB Protools and Logic Pro), misc signal processors, preamps, compressors, EQ's and some more synths. I especially like the barn burner TX816 - 8 DX7's in a box. Use the same patch and detune each TX a couple of cent's really fattens up the thin old DX sound. Down the right hand column are a number of eclectic digital synths, samplers, and MATRIX-6R soon to be sold, along with a MATRIX-6 (and a KORG KARMA, Alesis QS, and a Roland V-synth I need to repair one of the keys on).
rack mount
rack mount
So that's about it for now... except I sold the FA-06 show in the first post and put the MoPho and UltraNova in it's place. Next to the KORG Kronos, the FA-06 just lost ground. Not sure if I'll make a place for the MS20mini and Odyssey, or only pull them out for special occasions. I won't be selling them though, they're too nifty! The only thing not shown is a Yamaha S80 88 weighted key synth I keep in my office space.
VoyagerEB, Minitaur, LittlePhattyII, 4xSlimPhatty, Sub37, MF[2x101,2x102,103,104M,105,105B,105M,2x107,108M], 3xCP251, XV351, MP201;
2xMother 32, DFAM, Subharmonicon;
System 55 and Minimoog clones with lots of mods.

MRNUTTY

Post by MRNUTTY » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:20 pm

For those of you with a thing for computers, here's the network center for the studio - and my house. Those are two Power Mac's with G5's, one is a dual core connected up to Drobo with iSCSI configured at an 8 disk RAID 6 disk array. This provides storage for all the computer backups in the house. The other is a Quad core G5 that has Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro 8, it runs the big TV on the wall of the front of the studio. It also has the smaller 5 disk RAID 5 Drobo connected with eSATA. There is also a 6 disk NETGEAR RAID 6 ReadyNAS that provides general network file services for everyone. In the studio proper, is an 8 core Intel Mac Pro that runs Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, and Final cut X and Protools (I forget the version :-) ).

Update: I forgot it also runs Reaper which is an excellent free DAW, with a set of plugins. Very cool!
IMG_0324.jpg
VoyagerEB, Minitaur, LittlePhattyII, 4xSlimPhatty, Sub37, MF[2x101,2x102,103,104M,105,105B,105M,2x107,108M], 3xCP251, XV351, MP201;
2xMother 32, DFAM, Subharmonicon;
System 55 and Minimoog clones with lots of mods.

MC

Post by MC » Fri May 04, 2018 11:29 am

bumpity bump where are the cool rigs?
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Fri May 04, 2018 3:51 pm

MC wrote:bumpity bump where are the cool rigs?
Sorry, i couldn't stop myself ... :-) TGIF!!!
Attachments
maxresdefault.jpg
screen-shot-2016-05-10-at-123916-pmpng.png
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII