Tell us about your rig

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by EricK » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:00 pm

The rest of the stuff is in two other counties. I'm slowly consolidating, but the wife and I are thinking about getting a house when the lease is up next June. I'd really like to see it all in one room...the baby room.

Next week Im going to go down there and pull out the preamp and amp from the Rhodes and send them off to get repairs. I have some leaking caps on the preamp and one of the amp modules is blown. Once that gets fixed, I'll probably get that up here to the bootheel. I can't wait to see the Rhodes/Wurly side by side!

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how everything needs to be arranged. I'm thinking about an L shaped table so I can have the Voyager on it, the Taurus Pedals under it, and the modular at 90º degrees. What I'd like to do is empty the rack, put the Foogers in front of the cabinet (provided they don't get covered in cables) and then go up from there approx 88U. The only thing is that it eventually becomes a keyboard trap you can't get out of:

The only other keyboard I want is a Clavi and I should be set provided I am not sitting on top of a few grand when I see a Model D for sale. After that I'm done with keyboards. Maybe after that I should take some lessons!

Yeah you need to upload some more videos too. I still haven't seen your modules in the cabinet yet.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:03 am

nice! i love me some phaser!
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:31 pm

EricK wrote:Image

Yeah you need to upload some more videos too. I still haven't seen your modules in the cabinet yet.
Classic Zorak pic. I'd love a keyboard like his. It would be remote controlled on chains, so I could stand on an X on the floor and push a button, and in ten seconds be surrounded by keys sending Bluetooth MIDI signals to my synths. :lol:

I ordered my first oscillator, so as soon as that comes, I will install it and make a video. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu May 02, 2013 3:15 am

I finally got the Rhodes electronics back from being serviced. We got everything repaired and an effects loop installed. I just have to voice it now and the action could use a bit of touching up in a few areas, but it's clean as a whistle now, and I have never heard it sound this good before.
'71 Mark I Suitcase Seventy-Three

I misplaced the volume knob when we sent the rail off to be modded.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Thu May 02, 2013 3:49 am

We can rebuild him!

http://www.vintagevibe.com/p-732-vintag ... ction.aspx

All set now then eh?

Hammond B3?

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu May 02, 2013 5:01 am

latigid on wrote:We can rebuild him!

http://www.vintagevibe.com/p-732-vintag ... ction.aspx
Are you working a Vintage Vibe, or is it a quotation from Steve Austin's theme? :)

Very cool rig, EricK!!
Last edited by stiiiiiiive on Thu May 02, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu May 02, 2013 10:14 am

No, I am not really that big on the Hammond sound. I considered getting one of those Porta-Bs when I had the opportunity, but I think I'm more in the piano camp. If I had a Hammond/Leslie delivered I think my wife would finally murder me.

For now my keyboard fetish has plenty to keep me satisfied for a good long time. The only thing I lack is a Model D but that's not in the foreseeable future.

Doc Tonewheel

Post by Doc Tonewheel » Tue May 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Studio:
stock Hammond A105 + Leslie 122RV,
Yamaha CP4
Minimoog Model D
Hohner Clavinet D6
Wurlitzer 200A
Access Virus KC
Nord Wave
Hammond Melodica
Lots of pedals

VSTs:
Omnisphere
Absynth
Massive
Kontakt
impOSCar
OP-X II
M-tron
SONAR X3

For gigging, I use a Hammond SK-1-73 and a Yamaha MOXF8
Last edited by Doc Tonewheel on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gear: Moog Minimoog Model D, Moog MF-102, Hammond A105 + Leslie 122RV, Yamaha CP4, Hohner D6 Clavinet, Wurlitzer 200A, Yamaha MOXF8, SK1-73, Access Virus KC, Nord Wave, Korg MS-04, Dave Smith Mopho Kbd

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Tue May 21, 2013 10:13 pm

Since it is always in flux, here is what is there in the studio now :
Hammond A101 and 352 710 Leslies
Voyager with expander
Piano
Rack of 9 Foogers
Ensoniq Fizmo
Ensoniq VFX-SD
Waldorf Blofeld
88 spaces of MU Modular synth
Nord G1 Key
Yamaha RX5
Boss DR770
Guitars, basses, amps and pedals.
Tons of multitrack recording gear from various eras
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:07 am

This thread was the first post I made here. We got our own house a year ago and I was finally able to realize my dream of having everything consolidated.

So here are some studio pics:

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:37 am

EricK wrote:This thread was the first post I made here. We got our own house a year ago and I was finally able to realize my dream of having everything consolidated.

So here are some studio pics:
Impressive! And a nice light show, too! :D

Bryan B

Post by Bryan B » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:16 pm

I couldn't remember if I had posted to this thread, but I found that I in fact did post here before (page 29 from back in 2009). Since I have moved my studio twice (now in it's final location for a long while), I figured I will post a few pics here again.

I use Ableton Live as my master clock, main MIDI sequencer and general way to record tons of clips in tempo and then ultimately edit and arrange my music. I create DIN Sync signals using Silent Way and my MOTU interface and clock the Modular and drum machines from DIN Sync. I send MIDI notes out of Ableton Live to trigger things, control cc's or play notes. I change MIDI to DCB (for the Juno-60) or CV/Gate for all of the Analog beasts of yore. I have a FATAR 88-key in case I want to play MIDI notes into Ableton Live, or just monitor the MIDI In and control most any synth in the studio (except the Poly Ensemble which had no stock way to control it externally).

I am most fond of the MemoryMoog as it has a poly layered heaven kind of sound to my ears. It is a plus version, but the plus guts were unhooked and a Kenton MIDI kit was installed. I also couldn't imagine ever parting with the giant modular as I am never bored with what it can offer as far as experimenting and the overall sonic textures it can create. I made the Clear Acrylic cabinets myself, which was a rather large project. The only thing missing... an original Moog Filter! I have a clone for now, but I hope Moog Music can help me fix that someday.

Here I am next to my Modular at a local synth meet:
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

mattyp

Post by mattyp » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:42 am

For live i use
Yamaha Motif XF6
Korg M50
DSI Mopho Keyboard
Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard
Moog Sub 37
Akai EWI 4000
Ibenez ART120

In the studio I have all of the above plus
Novation K station
Korg Karma
Yamaha DX7
Korg MS20 mini
Alesis Fusion 8HD

For recording I use
Mac G4 running Protools TDM
5 X Digidesign 888/24
Digidesign ADAT bridge
Digidesign Control24
Various outboard

Mac book pro running Reaper
Desktop PC also running Reaper
Moog Sub 37, DSI Mopho KB, Korg ms20 mini, Korg M50, Korg Karma, Yamaha Motif Xf6, Yamaha DX7, Novation K Station, Waldorf Blofeld, Siel DK80, cyclone analogic tt 303

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:42 pm

Bryan B wrote:I couldn't remember if I had posted to this thread, but I found that I in fact did post here before (page 29 from back in 2009). Since I have moved my studio twice (now in it's final location for a long while), I figured I will post a few pics here again.

I use Ableton Live as my master clock, main MIDI sequencer and general way to record tons of clips in tempo and then ultimately edit and arrange my music. I create DIN Sync signals using Silent Way and my MOTU interface and clock the Modular and drum machines from DIN Sync. I send MIDI notes out of Ableton Live to trigger things, control cc's or play notes. I change MIDI to DCB (for the Juno-60) or CV/Gate for all of the Analog beasts of yore. I have a FATAR 88-key in case I want to play MIDI notes into Ableton Live, or just monitor the MIDI In and control most any synth in the studio (except the Poly Ensemble which had no stock way to control it externally).

I am most fond of the MemoryMoog as it has a poly layered heaven kind of sound to my ears. It is a plus version, but the plus guts were unhooked and a Kenton MIDI kit was installed. I also couldn't imagine ever parting with the giant modular as I am never bored with what it can offer as far as experimenting and the overall sonic textures it can create. I made the Clear Acrylic cabinets myself, which was a rather large project. The only thing missing... an original Moog Filter! I have a clone for now, but I hope Moog Music can help me fix that someday.

Here I am next to my Modular at a local synth meet:
Golly! That sir is a thing of beauty!

It is also my next peice of ammunition for when my new synth campaign begins.

To my wife I say "look at what this chap has done here", she glances across at my laptop screen and though she has not the slightest interest it remains obvious that these temples of synthesis render my diminuitive assortment of bleepy noise makers inescapabley insignificant. The pity in her eyes is my first step towards gaining her all important consent and approval!

Thank you indeed :wink:

PS. I should add that I have recently decided to open my flagship peice up for trade and noticed it was missing from your collection. A Yamaha PSS-170 of reasonable condition could soon adorn your studio. Let the bidding wars begin...

Bryan B

Post by Bryan B » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:01 pm

Glad to help! I just spent my last money on some more pieces, so I will have to pass on your sweet Yamaha synthesizer.

I finally found a Roland MSQ-600 (CV memory sequencer) and a Waldorf Pulse (I used to have one and stupidly traded it off for an Oberheim SEM). I need to be done buying things for a while, until Moog offers me the chance to buy a reproduction of their original Moog Filter.
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.