Tell us about your rig

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Brian G
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:04 pm

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by Brian G » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:05 am

The S550 is still a nice samler, looking at the photo it appears you do not have the exteranl hard drive or CD Drive ? The S50 keyboard Is also nice but does not have as much memory and does not have the filter.
Roland has a conversion program ( free) that would allow you to load samples for the 550 into the 50. That was also a cool thing, the whole collection of samples was avilable free, you went to the dealer loaded the sample into the floor model then made a copy to you your own disc. Roland had a CD avilable that had the entire 50/550 lib. for purchase.
Enjoy
Last edited by Brian G on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ColorForm2113
Posts: 1278
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:17 am
Location: Illinois(e)

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by ColorForm2113 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:16 am

Brian G wrote:The S550 is still a nice samler, looking at the photo it appears you do not have the exteranl hard drive or CD Drive ? The S50 keyboard Is also nice but does not have as much memory and does not have the filter.
Roland has a conversion program ( free) that would allow you to load samples for the 550 into the 50. That was also a cool thing, the whole collection of samples was avilable free, you went to the dealer loaded the sample into the floor model then made a copy to you your own disc. Roland had a CD avilable that had the entire 50/550 lib. for purchase.
Enjoy
Yeah I love the s550. I've been trying to track down the rc100 and the drawing tablet for it. I have a copy of the director s sequencer software I just need to order the usb to 3.5" disk drive so I can get it off my pc and into the sampler. Didn't know there was a cd dri ve for it though
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

jeepo
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:38 pm

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by jeepo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:03 pm

ColorForm2113 wrote:
Brian G wrote:The S550 is still a nice samler, looking at the photo it appears you do not have the exteranl hard drive or CD Drive ? The S50 keyboard Is also nice but does not have as much memory and does not have the filter.
Roland has a conversion program ( free) that would allow you to load samples for the 550 into the 50. That was also a cool thing, the whole collection of samples was avilable free, you went to the dealer loaded the sample into the floor model then made a copy to you your own disc. Roland had a CD avilable that had the entire 50/550 lib. for purchase.
Enjoy
Yeah I love the s550. I've been trying to track down the rc100 and the drawing tablet for it. I have a copy of the director s sequencer software I just need to order the usb to 3.5" disk drive so I can get it off my pc and into the sampler. Didn't know there was a cd dri ve for it though
This peice of gears sounds similar to my akai s2000, in that 3.5" floppies are it's only built in storage. I even have to boot it from a floppy everytime I turn it on. Once I tried getting a zip drive for it, but finding a working zip drive is't easy anymore. An old cd drive might be easier to find. It uses a standard connector for external devices, but, as I'm sure many of you are aware, old standards don't remain standard equipment. I don't know about you, but my computer does not have a 50 pin SCSI port and it would cost me twice as much to buy a SCSI card as I payed for the sampler.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

Brian G
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:04 pm

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by Brian G » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:18 pm

I have the draw tablet for the S50, honestly you can do the same thing with the mouse on the 550 with some practice, the tablet is "okay". The CD/HD require a SCSI card that Roland sold just for the 550. It is real picky on the SCSI CD drive hooked up to it, SCSI hard drives it's not to picky. It's been too long I don't recall what I found that worked. You need to boot from the HD OS disc that Roland may still have available some where. Load time is about twice as fast as the floppy. I forget how large of a drive it will see, not too large. Not sure where you would find the old sample CD's for it now, I have a few from Greytsounds, they had three or four of them.

I haven't played with mine in a few months... sometime soon again though

User avatar
Voltor07
Posts: 5194
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 3:04 am
Location: Waukegan, IL USA
Contact:

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:32 pm

ColorForm2113 wrote:Voltor - close its a peavy kb 100
I was responding to David Smyth who complimented you on the Moog KB 100 :lol: I put a Peavey badge on my Phonic MK50, and was comparing the Moog KB100 to my Peavey MK50. :) I know that's a Peavey KB100. I know my Peaveys. :wink:
Sub 37 #000068, Minitaur, CP-251, MF-102&103, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, Lowrey Teenie Genie.

ColorForm2113
Posts: 1278
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:17 am
Location: Illinois(e)

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by ColorForm2113 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
ColorForm2113 wrote:Voltor - close its a peavy kb 100
I was responding to David Smyth who complimented you on the Moog KB 100 :lol: I put a Peavey badge on my Phonic MK50, and was comparing the Moog KB100 to my Peavey MK50. :) I know that's a Peavey KB100. I know my Peaveys. :wink:
Lol gotcha. Yeah I thought you had some peavys (peavies? Peavi?) In your set up too
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

User avatar
Voltor07
Posts: 5194
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 3:04 am
Location: Waukegan, IL USA
Contact:

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:38 am

ColorForm2113 wrote:
Voltor07 wrote:
ColorForm2113 wrote:Voltor - close its a peavy kb 100
I was responding to David Smyth who complimented you on the Moog KB 100 :lol: I put a Peavey badge on my Phonic MK50, and was comparing the Moog KB100 to my Peavey MK50. :) I know that's a Peavey KB100. I know my Peaveys. :wink:
Lol gotcha. Yeah I thought you had some peavys (peavies? Peavi?) In your set up too
I had a KB/A 60, but it was killed with an electric guitar. Couldn't afford to replace it, but got a Phonic MK50 for $75 on e-Bay, new in box. It doesn't sound like a Peavey, but it still sounds great with my custom 12". It can't be beat for the price I paid. :D
Sub 37 #000068, Minitaur, CP-251, MF-102&103, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, Lowrey Teenie Genie.

bollinote
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:46 am

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by bollinote » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:26 pm

My current set up is (its changing every time):
Arp Odyssey MK2, Arp Omni 2, Arp 2600, Moog Minimoog Musonics, Moog Multimoog, Moog DVCO custom engeneering, Moog Liberation, Oberheim 2 voice, Oberheim OB8 midi, Korg PS-3200, Memotron, Moslab modular system, Synth.com 2 x 960 seq + modules.
Now looking to get more modules for my modular and an Korg PS-3100 for sale (any one has one to offer to me ?)
Bollinote.

Mr Shave
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by Mr Shave » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:11 am

I got a PC running windows 7 64 Bit and Ableton Live 8... On top of that, I use a Mackie Onyx 1220i for my mixer and audio interface. I have an Akai MPK49 for a midi controller that doubles as my Midi Interface. To help with the ableton control, I use an APC40. Got a Voyager electric blue and a little phatty along with MF101, MF102, MF104Z, MF107, and MF108M. I Have a TR-606 that I am in the process of building a USB Midi-DINSync converter (and provide power) to it. Also, 2 turn tables and a microphone... Seriously.

Haha

EricK
Posts: 5972
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:09 pm

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by EricK » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:45 am

Mr Shave wrote: Also, 2 turn tables and a microphone... Seriously.
Where it's at?
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://npo.networkforgood.org/Donate/Donate.aspx?npoSubscriptionId=4043

I think I hear the mothership coming.

User avatar
fyvewytches
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by fyvewytches » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:38 pm

bollinote wrote:My current set up is (its changing every time):
Arp Odyssey MK2, Arp Omni 2, Arp 2600, Moog Minimoog Musonics, Moog Multimoog, Moog DVCO custom engeneering, Moog Liberation, Oberheim 2 voice, Oberheim OB8 midi, Korg PS-3200, Memotron, Moslab modular system, Synth.com 2 x 960 seq + modules.
Now looking to get more modules for my modular and an Korg PS-3100 for sale (any one has one to offer to me ?)
Bollinote.
May I say.... Bloody hell that's a nice little collection !! :) :)
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

EricK
Posts: 5972
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:09 pm

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by EricK » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Here's the latest incarnation of my rack as of about 5-28-12. With the other foogers not shown (101,103) I have an independent FoogerSynth (since Moog never released an envgen/vca) with the Freqbox and Ringmod as Oscs and heavy on the modulation. Another envgen eventually for the 101.


Image
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://npo.networkforgood.org/Donate/Donate.aspx?npoSubscriptionId=4043

I think I hear the mothership coming.

JakeBrown
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by JakeBrown » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:20 am

Here's my LP 1 on stage.

Image

Bass player from the UK currently on a Michael Jackson tribute tour.

EricK
Posts: 5972
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:09 pm

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by EricK » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm sorry folks......this just blows my mind. I FINALLY got it to the apartment last night, plugged it in for the first time and it powered up without hesitation. The code on the transformer I suspect is from 1977, as is the code on the pot of the Small Stone.

These two units together take your earwax back in time. Classic tones at the fingernails. I apologize for the cell phone shots, we're in camera trouble until January.
Image
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://npo.networkforgood.org/Donate/Donate.aspx?npoSubscriptionId=4043

I think I hear the mothership coming.

User avatar
Voltor07
Posts: 5194
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 3:04 am
Location: Waukegan, IL USA
Contact:

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Awesome setup, EricK! Now, where's that other stuff you have? You know...the rest of your impressive rig? I know you also have an organ, a Rhodes, a Voyager, some MF's, and a modular...it does not do to have all your gear separated. That limits the number of sounds you can get at once. :wink:

I have to get a high quality photo up of my own rig to post here...too many updates without proof... :oops:
Sub 37 #000068, Minitaur, CP-251, MF-102&103, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, Lowrey Teenie Genie.

Post Reply