Tell us about your rig

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
soundxplorer

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by soundxplorer » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:03 pm

moremagic wrote: Get another 251!
Yeah, I should. Pretty darn useful things, those 251s.
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

Niko

Post by Niko » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:34 am

I really would like to make a photograph similar to the setup shown on the Ummagumma album. But I need to collect the parts from different locations. Anyway I may could get following:

2MiniMoogD2MoogRogue2MiniMoogVoyager
KorgX5KorgPoly800RolandHPelectronicpianoRhodes73
UniversumorganMoogerfoogerRingmodulatorMoogerfoogerMidiMuRF
YamahaSS20StringensembleYamahaDX100EDPtheWaspCasioVL1Tone
NovationXioSynth2DoepferDarkEnergy2MAudioMasterkeyboards4MacBook
ArturiaMiniMoogArturiaMoogModularSchultePhaser
UniversumEqualizerBossDrRhythmnIbanezDelayIbanezReverbBossReverb
BossOctaveIbanezDistortionBerlingerMultieffectBerlingerDelay
MoogEtherwaveThereminMoogEtherwaveThereminPlusFluteRecorderHarmonica
CrumarCompacPianoKorg12channelMixerUnknown6channelMixerKilian4channelMixer
RolandEdirolR44RecorderFostex4channelCassrecorderRevoxA77PhilipsCDBurner
ConradMcCrypt4channelMixerMonacor4channelMixerMarlboro100WattsBasscabinet
Ashdown100WattsAcousticRadiatorSA9-6WattsAmplifier
AshdownBandBus10WattscabinetYamahaQY10Sequenzer...
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

Where is the tutti button on this instrument? ...

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Niko wrote:I'd really like to make a photograph similar to the setup shown on the Ummagumma album.
We did that in my previous band, Pink Voyd. (My current band is Pink Droyd).

That's my Nord Modular synth on the hood of the truck.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

MC

Post by MC » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:30 pm

What are those white things near the front, are they urinals? :lol:
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:41 pm

MC wrote:What are those white things near the front, are they urinals? :lol:
Those are Tom Toms from a company called Staccato:

http://www.staccato-art.co.uk/staccato_ ... lippin.htm
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Niko

Post by Niko » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:49 am

Hi Dan,

great picture! It reminds me that we also have a gong. Hmm, it is much smaller than yours, almost the size of a "dinner is ready gong" or as we know in germany the size of a Robert Lembke gong (welches Schweinderl haettens denn gerne?) he used in his TV show to give the audience a chance to close their eyes for not see the description of the show guests profession to guess.
Anyway your picture is an incentive for me and the other crew members. And I try to top this by getting the permission to use the runway of the special airfield in Oberpfaffenhofen which is close to my home. And I'll try to arrange another test flight of an A380 which should be shown behind.
By the way, I've listened recently the Tromboneliness CD from Albert Mangelsdorff. I think this brings me back to reality with comparing my abilities...
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Moog Marketing strategy contained in the circuitry.

THe beauty of Moog products is that the marketing strategy is built right into the device. I can’t think of to many other products that actually enhance each other when you buy multiple units of it. If you buy Nike shoes from one of the many spammers that try to sell them here, buying another pair of shoes won’t enhance the first pair you have. If you buy a regular effects unit, it will only further distort your audio signal, but they don’t make any of the original effects that much more useful.

Moogerfoogers lend themselves to infinite expansion.

I have addressed he topic of redundancy many times. Why would one need a second cp251? Why would someone need a second (or in my case a 6th Moog Low Pass filter)? THe answer is that they enhance eachother.

It gores without saying that you might want to have a ringmod for your electric piano and one for your synth and maybe one for your guitar, and being able to use them t the same time. It didn’t occur to me why anyone would need a second 104 delay until I was running a complicated patch with the Voyager and the 103 in the effects loop, trying to record my theremin would have benefitted greatly from a second delay.

Chris S has a fairly easy marketing job because all of the work is in the engineering of the units. If you think your suystem is complete when you have all 6 foogers, dont forget about the other stereo channel.

Not to just plug Moog, but I can literally see having a set of Foogers for each instrument I own. They are wonderful like that.

EricK
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MC

Post by MC » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:02 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
MC wrote:What are those white things near the front, are they urinals? :lol:
Those are Tom Toms from a company called Staccato:

http://www.staccato-art.co.uk/staccato_ ... lippin.htm
Just jesting, I knew what they were. Just hadn't seen them from that perspective...
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:22 pm

EricK wrote:I have addressed he topic of redundancy many times. Why would one need a second cp251? Why would someone need a second (or in my case a 6th Moog Low Pass filter)? THe answer is that they enhance eachother.
You should seriously consider getting into modulars. :mrgreen:
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

Niko

Post by Niko » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:49 am

I feel myself in a dangerous tendency to become addicted in purchasing Moog products. I already have some Moggerfoogers and maybe a LP in sight too for the next future. In fact I'm already infected. But I feel good and as Adrian Below mentioned as a conclusion in Indiscipline: I like it!
And I like to get an omnipotence in the cosmos of sound. Power - a magic word and meaning. I don't know the factors of this e-function to get more and more to reach a final status, but obviously it will last for a longer time until I'm getting saturated I assume.
Hmm, too much dark philosophical thoughts. I better should anticipate the light and easy south bavarian life style and should enjoy the present time. And my beloved Voyager and the other components will help me sufficiantly.

KoryLGriffin

Post by KoryLGriffin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:08 pm

EricK wrote:This is my first post and I wanted to describe my rig.

Im playing a Fender Rhodes 73 suitcase with a MicroMoog and an 1130 drum controller on top, a standard etherwave theremin and a roland rd-500.
Plan on having the voyager in 2 months!

WHat are you jammin on?
Eric

I wonder what that's worth...?
Last edited by KoryLGriffin on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:46 am

Well my symptoms from the Moog bug are waning. I feel like Ive got a nice system and unless Moog releases some new Foogers, I think Im content.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Veeger

Post by Veeger » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:23 am

Just check out my signature, haha! Love the Old School Voyager. And I am currently awaiting my Taurus III.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:18 am

My studio, in the works, can be seen here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CDfpc2eB8I
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Veeger

Post by Veeger » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:33 am

Voltor07 wrote:My studio, in the works, can be seen here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CDfpc2eB8I
SWEET! Congratulations! :D