Tell us about your rig

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Bryan B

Post by Bryan B » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:51 pm

Hahahaha, thanks! I bought it for $10 at a garage sale and when my Rhodes was in another room it was my only way to hear it. Now I have a bigger studio and I am not even using the Crate at all.
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:36 pm

That tends to happen to those crate amps. I think my sister was given one and she gave it away. The only use I could see for one would be as a drink holder. Maybe to prop up one of those old console tv's lolololol

We could start a thread (on the crate forum) about the best uses for that amp lololololol. No actually its a great trainer amp.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:04 pm

I bought one of those for one of my friends who was given an electric guitar...or maybe it was an eclectic guitar...an old three pickup Yamaha. Anyway, the handle had been replaced by a handle from a clothing iron. Sounded real mean for it's size...I think I paid $20 for it and a cable.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

AlakaLazlo

Post by AlakaLazlo » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:12 pm

OK, here's my little studio...

The Moog

The Dotcom, Moog and Oberheim

The desk (which doubles as my cat's favorite place to sleep...)

and a few things to bang on...

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:58 pm

Lovely collection! :)

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:01 am

Alka, beautiful studio! :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

ozy

Post by ozy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:12 am

uhm...

nice studio, yes, but...

don't you feel the need of adding more cowbells?

It would improve your modulation possibilities

:shock:

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:24 pm

Very nice well rounded collection there. I like the matching congas/djembe.

What is the modular looking recording console?

Do you have the hand drum triggering envelopes and such?

Eric

AlakaLazlo

Post by AlakaLazlo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:00 pm

Ozy; Believe it or not, I have a more than a few cowbells laying around somewhere. A few have more rust on them than I do.... :) One Halloween about 5 years ago, I wore 8 of them around my neck and went as Chris Walken.

Eric; The hand drums are Latin Percussion Giovanni series. Siam Ash wood, buffalo skins and really awesome tone. My favorites ever. The console is an old Mackie control with an extender on the left, a C4 on the right, and a M-Audio Radium keyboard controller in front.
I use the Handsonic as a hand drum midi triger through my Expressionist 8 channel midi>CV converter. I have both the Moog and DotCom envelope followers, but with only 2, its hard to mike up the whole kit. But I do sometimes use one on the requinto or the smaller djembe which have the crispest tones and are the easiest to get the most tones out of. I'm going to look into midi triggers early next year when I have a bit of time.

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:21 am

You know, my congas are TJ percussion and made of strips of plywood. They look like pirate pants. I have LP Matador Bongos, and I love those but not quite like some regular LP's or even some especials if you know what I mean.

For triggering, I think im going to try to get some contact mics hooked up to a bass drum and snare and perhaps those hooked to envelope followers will let you get dynamic. The envelope follower could then be inverted or multiplied then inverted and processing stuff like filters on your cymbals or toms, all controlled by the dynamics of your bass and snare. I think trigger delays would work even better here. I hope Moog builds some current model ones.

Nice setup!

Eric

EricK

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by EricK » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:27 pm

I had to resurect this old thread to show of some new stuff. A few things mising still.

Eric

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:06 am

Nice rigs.

More cowbell!
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 pm

Wow! Erick buddy, you got your Taurus! Congrats... looks amazing on it's own, let alone altogether in your setup :D
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Just finished building a frame so my Eurorack modular can play nice with the Moogerfoogers. I'm still waiting for Moog to release another CP-251 style unit to fill that hole. :D
I also have a Little Phatty that wasn't around for the photo shoot.

Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

moremagic

Post by moremagic » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:29 am

soundxplorer wrote:Just finished building a frame so my Eurorack modular can play nice with the Moogerfoogers. I'm still waiting for Moog to release another CP-251 style unit to fill that hole.
Get another 251!