Tell us about your rig

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:17 pm

Matt Friedman wrote: I've had a Farfisa Professional, Farfisa Combo Compact, Ace-Tone Top Five and the Jaguar. I've played a Vox Continental, Yamaha YC-20 and a Farfisa VIP-345.

The Matador is basically the home version of the VIP. I really dig the sound, and one of these days, I'll find one, or a VIP, in good working order. Apart from that, I think the YC-20 is the best of the lot. Very well made, with a great sound.
Cool! Great info, there. Never seen a YC-20, except in an old National Geographic advertisement. They look pretty well made. The Matador seems to be pretty high maintenance, though it also can be easily modified with audio outs if the speakers are removed. Mine also has a rhythm section that's pretty useless, but whatever. For 250 bucks, I couldn't go wrong! :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Matt Friedman

Post by Matt Friedman » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:27 pm

Voltor07 wrote:Cool! Great info, there. Never seen a YC-20, except in an old National Geographic advertisement. They look pretty well made. The Matador seems to be pretty high maintenance, though it also can be easily modified with audio outs if the speakers are removed. Mine also has a rhythm section that's pretty useless, but whatever. For 250 bucks, I couldn't go wrong! :lol:
Right now, Vox Continentals and Farfisa Compacts are way overpriced. I got my Jaguar for $300. It needed some work -- and occasionally still does! -- but that comes with the territory. It's a 40-year-old organ! If you're looking for something affordable, keep your eyes open for a Top 5. So many of those were made in the 60s, and they don't have the marquee value of a Vox or Farfisa. You can find them for $150, and often for less.
A Perfect Vacuum: http://www.myspace.com/aperfectvacuum
The Plateau Phase: http://www.myspace.com/plateauphase

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:19 pm

I thought $250 was a steal! :shock: It's worth so much more to me than that...especially once I fix it up and do some modifications. I'll keep an eye out for those $150 organs, but my Farfisa to me is irreplaceable. Especially when I'll be able to use it with my Moog gear. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

LeRoi

Post by LeRoi » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:07 pm

Matt Friedman wrote: I agree that the AX60 is vastly underrated. It is a much more aggressive instrument than similar Rolands of the period. It isn't polished and it's one VCO/voice, but it really bites.
Totally. Death or glory becomes just another story.

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:26 pm

Studio in my new apartment, I'm glad I have a more spacious setup now. :)
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:35 pm

Not too shabby! Id be putting some blinds over those windows so noone could see my thousands of dollars worth of equipment. lol

Looks nice!

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Thanks, it's located on the third floor and the blue building across the street is a club so I'm not too worried that people can see my studio. ;)
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

jamezdd73

Post by jamezdd73 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:05 pm

Maskin wrote:Image
Studio in my new apartment, I'm glad I have a more spacious setup now. :)
That's a nice looking setup! No complaints there!
Spaciousness is always good. My bedroom is my setup for the minute, so it's a bit cramped!
Little Phatty Stage II #3602, MoogerFooger CP-251 #1785
MF-103 12 Stage Phaser #6093, MF-104m Analog Delay #0301
--
My band: www.facebook.com/InstantMorning

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:43 am

jamezdd73 wrote: That's a nice looking setup! No complaints there!
Spaciousness is always good. My bedroom is my setup for the minute, so it's a bit cramped!
Aye, same here! I've got half a wall, roughly 2 meters, for my Moog gear. :roll:

JaseyT

Post by JaseyT » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:00 pm

Looks like it's fair game to list all my gear, and not just my synth stuff, judging by some of the lists I've read on this thread. Many of you have arsenals that put mine to shame, but here goes anyway:

synth world:
Alesis Ion
Roland PK-5A pedals
1975 Moog Taurus pedals
Quik-Lok Z-726 dual-tier keyboard stand

Bass world:
1974 Rickenbacker 4001, jet-glo
1970-something Fender Jazz Bass
1995 Fender MIM Precision Bass

Guitar world:
1975 Rickenbacker 480
90s Ibanez EX series guitar, Floyd Rose equipped
late 90s/early 2000s Ovation Celebrity Deluxe
70s Ovation Balladeer 12-string
Dauphin Co. classical guitar
half-size student-model classical guitar signed by Bob and Tom of Q95 and The Bob and Tom Show

Drum world:
Ludwig drumset
DW 7000 series double pedal
Zildjian A series cymbals
LP "Mambo" cowbell
70s Ludwig Supraphonic 14" snare drum
1968 Ludwig Supraphonic 14" snare, shell only - needs completed.

Additional:
Trace Elliot BLX80 1x10 combo amp
Trace Elliot AH150 150w bass head
Trace Elliot 1048 4x10 cabinet
70s Memory Man analog delay
90s Boss Super Chorus

and some other odds and ends I'm probably forgetting.

Stuff I want:
Moog Voyager rackmount
Moog Taurus 3
Oberheim SEM module, with MIDI functionality added
Roland D-550 (rack unit)
Roland Super Jupiter (rack unit)
Yamaha TX-7 (tabletop version of the DX-7)
Trace Elliot 1x15 speaker cabinet
two SWR Triad cabinets (pre-Fender buyout models, please)
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Sansamp RBI rackmount preamp
Tech 21 Landmark 600 bass head
Korg D3200 recording unit
and lots more. my G.A.S. is insatiable!
I often panic while making sandwiches.

Matt Friedman

Post by Matt Friedman » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:23 pm

Love the Rics. I had a Fireglow 4003s that I sold to the bass player for Reveie Sound Revue and dearly wish I had back.

jamezdd73

Post by jamezdd73 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
jamezdd73 wrote: That's a nice looking setup! No complaints there!
Aye, same here! I've got half a wall, roughly 2 meters, for my Moog gear. :roll:
Well, if I didn't have a bed... I'd have plenty of room, but it just gets in the way! Maybe I should just sell my bed (who needs one anyway?) then I'd have much more room for my setup.

Right now, my Phatty sits 90 degrees at the end of my bed, wedged between my bed and my desk, where my laptop is which I use for composing and recording. Then on the other side of my room I have a Fender Squier electric guitar, Cort bass, Vantage acoustic, a beautiful microKorg as well as a Yamaha PSR-295 keyboad (mainly used for technical practice). Oh... I also have a melodica...
Little Phatty Stage II #3602, MoogerFooger CP-251 #1785
MF-103 12 Stage Phaser #6093, MF-104m Analog Delay #0301
--
My band: www.facebook.com/InstantMorning

JaseyT

Post by JaseyT » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:02 am

Oh man, what year was that 4003? That's another bass I really want. Rics are really works of art, aren't they?[/quote]
I often panic while making sandwiches.

Matt Friedman

Post by Matt Friedman » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:17 am

JaseyT wrote:Oh man, what year was that 4003? That's another bass I really want. Rics are really works of art, aren't they?
It was an '83, I think. Nothing vintage. But it sounded pretty amazing and the neck was SO fast. I loved the high-gloss fretboard. I strung it with flatwounds to get that Peter Quaife thump. God I loved that bass.

And yes... it was a work of art. A solid maple work of art.

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:21 am

Man Trace Elliot made the best bass strings ever. I used to play those religiously. I would go all the way to Little Rock for some cause the store around here woudn't carry them.

THen they got bought out and I never saw those strings again. I even got on the phone with England to find out what the deal was on the strings. There wasn't a deal obviously.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.