Tell us about your rig

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
eric coleridge

Prodigy Module

Post by eric coleridge » Mon May 08, 2006 5:30 pm

wow, you really did a great job on that Prodigy module. Where did you find the black slider caps for the Prodigy?

dr_floyd

Post by dr_floyd » Mon May 08, 2006 7:41 pm

robert/quiet_channel
Does your Prodigy still function properly without the modwheel box plugged in? Do you have tuning issues without the keyboard and/or modwheel box plugged in?
I ask because I have a Minimoog configured the same way as your Prodigy, but the pitch cv is way off without the modwheels plugged in, and even when plugged in I have to fine tune using the pitch bend wheel.

Thanks.

MC

Post by MC » Mon May 08, 2006 10:15 pm

Minimoog is unique in that center wheel position is not ground, so if you leave the wheel unplugged the pitch jumps.

Just about every other moog product with pitch wheel/ribbon is ground at center position, so removing it from the circuit does not affect the pitch.

quiet_channel

RE: moog prodigy module.

Post by quiet_channel » Mon May 08, 2006 11:02 pm

Thanks for the interest.

This synth does work just fine without the mod wheel connected. Although my system does have the mod wheel connected- the external black box holds an FM control, mod wheel, and pitch bend wheel. .

The black slider caps are somewhat standard.. I don't remember where I got them. Sorry!

I am currently working on a few other modules- a MiniKorg 700s and an Arp Axxe.

Thanks for the compliments!

misterhemi

Post by misterhemi » Tue May 09, 2006 9:13 pm

sundaeclubber wrote:Five I think!

A great rarity indeed, a lovely thing to own and on the face of it a good idea - using conventional tape widths in a 'Tron, and tracks easily switchable on the fly.... But in practice neither reliable nor as 'hi=fi' as the standard 3-track Mellotron. And real Mellotrons are British!! ;)
:) I'll give you that one!

Its surely interesting..... I wish I were making better use of it but lately it has been sitting.

I have been thinking about it.... I am curious how the new 'trons sound, etc.
Ensoniq SQ80, DSI Poly Evolver Keyboard, DSI Evolver Desktop, Alesis Ion, Kawai K5, Yamaha CS-6x, Yamaha DX-200, Akai Z4, Roland R8 & R8M, Mellotron 4-Track (sold), DSI Mopho x4, Waldorf Blofeld, Waldorf Streichfett, DSI Tempest, Moog FreqBox

sundaeclubber

Post by sundaeclubber » Wed May 10, 2006 2:53 am

misterhemi wrote:
The one to watch will be the latest from Streetly Electronics! A bit more in common with the original Mk1 and 2 ! Keep an eye on the Interweb for it!
Sundae Club* http://www.s-club.co.uk
Moog-Filled Album "TECHNOSTALGIA"
from
http://www.cdbaby.com/sundaeclub
and in your local iTunes store

http://www.myspace.com/sundaeclub

misterhemi

Post by misterhemi » Thu May 11, 2006 9:29 pm

sundaeclubber wrote:
misterhemi wrote:
The one to watch will be the latest from Streetly Electronics! A bit more in common with the original Mk1 and 2 ! Keep an eye on the Interweb for it!
That would be interesting!

My problem now is space. I could temporarly put the 4Track in storage but i'd hate to do that. I have off and on considered putting it on ebay but i'm not sure.

If things were a bit different right, I would probably be making more use of it but as it is I have a lot of things going on right now.
Ensoniq SQ80, DSI Poly Evolver Keyboard, DSI Evolver Desktop, Alesis Ion, Kawai K5, Yamaha CS-6x, Yamaha DX-200, Akai Z4, Roland R8 & R8M, Mellotron 4-Track (sold), DSI Mopho x4, Waldorf Blofeld, Waldorf Streichfett, DSI Tempest, Moog FreqBox

eric coleridge

Re: RE: moog prodigy module.

Post by eric coleridge » Sat May 20, 2006 3:48 am

quiet_channel wrote:Thanks for the interest

The black slider caps are somewhat standard.. I don't remember where I got them. Sorry!
Standard? where? Does anyone else know where to find these shiny black slider caps. They look so much cooler than the normal white ones.

digitalemotion

Post by digitalemotion » Wed May 24, 2006 9:32 pm

my keyboards:
model d minimoog
yahama dx7s
yamaha psr-6 (horrible, yet funny)
viscount vs20 intercontinental (from late 70's early 80's, pretty sweet electronic organ)
radioshack realistic stereo reverb system (really cheap short delay)
roland juno 106 (not personally mine, just a friends, infamous broken polyphony problem)
Last edited by digitalemotion on Thu May 25, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

digitalemotion

Post by digitalemotion » Wed May 24, 2006 9:35 pm

oh yeah, if anybody wants to sell me a siel dk 600, i'd love that

Orpheus9

Post by Orpheus9 » Thu May 25, 2006 4:27 pm

Current keyboards/modules:

- Roland Fantom-X8 (w/ SRX)
- Korg MS2000
- Clavia Nord Modular G2X
- Moog Voyager RME [studio only]
- Voce V5+ (w/ Spin II)

Previously owned boards/modules:

- Yamaha DX-7
- Roland D-50
- Roland SH-101
- Roland JD-800
- Roland JP-8080
- Roland XV-88
- Korg 01/W

What I'd love to own next:

- Hammond XK-3
- Dave Smith Poly Evolver Keyboard
- Roland V-Synth XT
- Digidesign Digi002

digitalemotion

Post by digitalemotion » Thu May 25, 2006 6:26 pm

i could probably hook you up with a b3 with a 300 watt solid state leslie cabinet, except that was probably a bit more than you had in mind.

digitalemotion

unstable minimoog

Post by digitalemotion » Thu May 25, 2006 6:33 pm

i have a vintage model d minimoog

the oscillators are all pretty unstable (random notes glide up without warning)

any body know how how to fix this problem/avoid this problem)

Orpheus9

Post by Orpheus9 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:36 pm

digitalemotion wrote:i could probably hook you up with a b3 with a 300 watt solid state leslie cabinet, except that was probably a bit more than you had in mind.
Oh, trust me -- I'd LOVE to have a genuine B3/Leslie rig in my home, along with a Fazioli F308 grand. But they're physically impossible without forcing my wife out of the space, and...well...I love my wife. :wink:

Thanks for mentioning it, though!

sundaeclubber

Post by sundaeclubber » Wed May 31, 2006 2:57 am

Orpheus9 wrote:Oh, trust me -- I'd LOVE to have a genuine B3/Leslie rig in my home, along with a Fazioli F308 grand.
Speaking as one who deals with Fazioli grands on a reasonably regular basis, I'd rather have a Hamburg Steinway D or even a B. Far less capricious.

You're paying for the beautiful styling, finish, Paulo's research and the exclusivity. They need constant attention from your tuner-technician and Residual values are disappointing. They are beautiful, but certainly not faultless. The treble strings on the Faz are ridiculously false and tuning stability is poor. Lovely when perfectly on song, but these times are infrequent!
Sundae Club* http://www.s-club.co.uk
Moog-Filled Album "TECHNOSTALGIA"
from
http://www.cdbaby.com/sundaeclub
and in your local iTunes store

http://www.myspace.com/sundaeclub