Tell us about your rig

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
MC

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by MC » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:58 pm

The sparkletop Rhodes, Hammond XK3c/XLK3 with Leslie 760, and MIDI drum kit behind the recording system. Peeking to the left are the guitar systems.
wallofsound-mc-2016-08.JPG
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

MC

Post by MC » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:07 pm

The view from the guitar amp area. I had a limited 20foot by 8foot area to squeeze all this in and it worked. The synths and guitar amps were placed as far apart as possible due to the limited volume that my studio monitors can produce. If I have guitar players jamming with me, their loud amps are far enough away that I can still hear my keyboards. For jam sessions with a full band, I have a full range Bose 802/302 PA system that serves as monitors for the other players. For recording I am ready to record keys and drums to MIDI (the HD24 syncs flawlessly to my MIDI recorder via MMC) and the guitars direct then re-amped and mic'd down later. If the drummer wants to use a live kit there is provision for that too. It's a very flexible setup.
wallofsound-mc-2016-01.JPG
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:47 pm

Looks like jam sessions at your place would be very fun MC! Where do the MFs/modular systems go?

MC

Post by MC » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:10 pm

latigid on wrote:Looks like jam sessions at your place would be very fun MC! Where do the MFs/modular systems go?
I'm building rack systems for the MFs. They're not destined for any one location.

My first synth was a PAiA modular made from a kit back in 1981. I haven't used it since 1984 and the PAiA modules were disposed due to flood damage. Modulars are cool machines but they are not what I need.

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:35 pm

Niceeeeeeeeeee .... like the Hammond XK3c/XLK3, unfortunately our studio is so small that if we get the K3's will need to suspend them from the ceiling, no floor space left. Never played one, how do you like the XK3's
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

MC

Post by MC » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:21 pm

I'm a Hammond player, still own a tonewheel organ, and the XK3s are very authentic. I actually have an XK3 not in the pic that I use for gigging when I don't need both manuals. The selling feature for me was user customized calibration, which lets you get close to your favorite tonewheel organ.

megavoice

Post by megavoice » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:53 am

MC,

Looks GREAT ! But where is your Memorymoog ? Cannot see......
My livingroom looks similar, but without drums........you LUCKY MAN ! If I`do sessions over there my neighbours would kill me.......I´m always wondering how they resist my loud guitar playing.
Luckily we have a law that permits habitants a rehersal for two hours a day, but low leveled as possible, all depends on the Instrument.
When I was living as a young boy at my parents we had a trumpet player in the appartment below. Now guess how I felt when he was start honking early in the morning......my answer was "Made in Japan", FULL PIPE, favourite song then: "Child in time", and I howled along with........BTW, this was the only and single education for me to get a singer. everybody who asked me up to now how to get a good singer I advised always to do the same..........
But back to the subject, hope I`ve got one day a camera to show some pics too........ :wink:
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fu** the prom queen." —Sean Connery to Nicholas Cage in "The Rock" (1996)
I've never seen any real prom queen here in my country, but if we had some they'd
**** with everyone.

luckynerd

Post by luckynerd » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:53 pm

I just started my rig today:
Mother32!
Mother32!
For someone who fell in love with the 2600 in her 20's, this is a perfect first piece! :D
Learn To Fix

Moog T1 Pedal Contact Board Upgrade: http://www.minimoog.net/daphne/moog-tau ... act-board/

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:49 am

A perfect first piece indeed. :)

MC

Post by MC » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:53 am

Gotta start somewhere. Not a bad start!

deadhedgehog

Post by deadhedgehog » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:14 am

Here's my current portable looping setup, starring two foogers.
IMG_20160224_160638.jpg

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:32 pm

K. Here goes....

From left to right
Yamaha DX7 II
Mac Mini
Mackie Onyx 1220i Mixer
Yamaha Motif XF6
Moog Sub 37
Mackie Onyx 1640i Mixer
EMU ESI-2000 upgraded to 4000 including 1GB hard drive (in rack)

Pedals
Pigtronix Echolution 2
EHX Electric Mistress
EHX Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi
EHX Holy Grail Rverb
Ross Compressor (DIY)

Modular - Synthesizers.com and others
Top Row; Q119 Noise Generator, Oakley 4014 Ring Modulator, Q107 Sample & Hold, Q115 Reverb, Oakley Classic VCA, Q108 VCA
Mid Row; Q106 Oscillator x 3 (1 in for service), PAiA 9720 Dual Oscillator (re-paneled), Oakley Multi-Mix, Oakley Dual LFO, Yusynth Minimoog Filter Clone, Q107 State Variable Filter, Moogah SEM VCF
Bottom; Q174 MIDI Interface, Q175 MIDI I/F Aid, Q125 Signal Processor, Q109 Envelope Generator x 2, LWSS MultiPass, Q130 Clipper / Rectifier

Roland A-300 Pro
Roland VT-3

Completed DIY Modules Awaiting Panels But Tested & Working
Cat Girl CGS01 Sub Oscillator
Oakley Equinoxe Phase Shifter
PAiA 9710 VCA
PAiA 9730 VCF

All devices linked either to the Mac or to each other via MIDI and talk beautifully among themselves.

Now I ask you.... is this too many synthesizers for a drummer 8) ?
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:35 pm

Great looking studio!
Get some Mos-lab in that cabinet.

What about your trapset?
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:42 am

so.... how do you post a pic in these posts?
Minimoog Model D / Moog Little Phatty TE / DSI Prophet 08 / Elektron Digitone / Elektron Octatrack Mkii / Clavia Nord Wave / Nord Drum II / Clavia Nord Lead 3 / Roland TR-707 / Roland TB-03 / Korg MS-20 / Access Virus TI 2 Polar / Roland SH-101 /:mrgreen:

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:36 am

If you have a flickr account or your images are online somewhere, just get the image address and click the " Img " button.

[ img ] http : // www . your image address here . jpg [ /img ] make sure there are no spaces and you are good.

Or you can just click on upload attachment.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.