Minimoog D Replacement Parts

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
yotonic

Minimoog D Replacement Parts

Post by yotonic » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Hey Guys, I'm a new member of the forum. Embarking on a couple of maintenance issues for a 1974 Minimoog that's in decent shape. I had a couple of quick questions I was hoping to get answers for:

Is Hernan the source for replacement silk screened front panels? Mine has some plastic on it that is often discussed and I'm not sure I will be able to get it all off unless someone has a trick.

Is sanding and refinishing the cabinet pretty basic? Start at 100 grit work up. Minwax walnut stain brushed or rubbed in, spray satin lacquer with steel wool knock down between coats?

Thanks.

torinkrell

Re: Minimoog D Replacement Parts

Post by torinkrell » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:54 pm

I have a 1973 Minimoog that I have purposefully left unrefinished so I can gig with it with less concern about new blemishes. It is often rather obvious to me when a Minimoog is refinished as either the stain color or shine is not appropriate to the production year of the Minimoog. So if you are attempting a restoration, I suggest you look at a few other Minimoogs with similar serial numbers to yours for additional reference. The front panel can be procured in plastic from a few sources and in aluminum from one other source. There is info about procuring front panels elsewhere on this forum along with attempts to remove the remains of the plastic film.
Akai AX-80
Korg Polysix
Roland Juno 60
Moog The Source
Yamaha e1010 BBD
Moog Parametric EQ
Sequential Prophet Pro~One
Altec AS-1600 audio oscillator (1947)
Moog Music Minimoog Model D (1973)