Kevin Lightner's Unexpected Expenses

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
midiwall

Kevin Lightner's Unexpected Expenses

Post by midiwall » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:19 pm

All;

Kevin's passing was sudden and unexpected. As you can imagine, expenses at a time like this are totally unexpected, and they are building.

Monica has re-named her eBay account "estateofsynthfool" and will use the money raised from these auctions to cover Kevin's final expenses (he's being cremated). It will also provide some much needed income, as they have recently lost their Dome (home).

If you would like to make a donation directly towards his mortuary expenses, you can call the High Desert Funeral Chapel at 888-929-7779 and make a donation via credit card. Please mention that it is for the costs of Kevin Lightner. (the mortuary expenses have since been covered - thank you!)

Monica also maintains a storage space which supports the Synthfool business. These expenses are currently $90/mo but are doubling in October. If you would like to help in this regard, drop an email to the manager of the storage space at [email protected], or call at 760-563-8535. Mention that it is for the costs of Monica Lightner's storage space.

Monica would like to express her heartfelt thanks at the generosity of folks thus far.

Mark Pulver (for Monica Lightner)
Last edited by midiwall on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Mark

midiwall

Re: Kevin Lightner's Unexpected Expenses

Post by midiwall » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:30 pm

The mortuary expenses are now covered. THANK YOU!

Supporting the Synthfool storage facility is still a way that you can help.
- Mark

midiwall

Post by midiwall » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:42 pm

And, the storage facility has been paid through the end of the current contract. Monica is VERY appreciative of the outpouring of help. THANK YOU!

She _will_ be extending the contract on the facility, so if you'd like to contribute, please do so.

You can email the manager of the storage space at [email protected], or call at 760-563-8535. If you call, then use option "3" to speak directly with the facility manager.

Mention that you're donating for the continuing costs of Monica Lightner.
- Mark

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:26 pm

This is awesome! Thank you! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

midiwall

Post by midiwall » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi all;

Monica has asked to talk to the folks that contributed to the storage facility. If you did, please drop her a line at: [email protected].

Thank you!

Mark
- Mark

luckynerd

Post by luckynerd » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Thanks again to everyone who helped pay for Kevin's cremation. It means a lot to me. :)
Seven weeks into widowhood, I'm doing okay. Though listening to ELP's Trilogy and Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" is kind of difficult. All that Moog goodness. :?

I'm going to try to spend this month sorting through some storage stuff for sale. I can save a lot of money if I downsize the space by October.
As I'm a little tired of eBay, I'm going to experiment with offering things on our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/theministore.synths

Please email [email protected] if you see anything that interests you. Prices are firm (this is my only source of income at the moment!), and the first person who writes about any item gets first pick.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:37 am

Glad you're doing well, Monica. If I see something I can use, I will let you know ASAP! :)
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

luckynerd

Post by luckynerd » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Any items left over at the end of the month will go to the dump.
It'll be easier for me to afford a smaller space, and I have no need for synth parts.
And no, there's nothing related to Moog Modulars except schematics. :)
Learn To Fix

Moog T1 Pedal Contact Board Upgrade: http://www.minimoog.net/daphne/moog-tau ... act-board/

luckynerd

Post by luckynerd » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:49 am

If anyone wants to make an appointment to meet me at the storage space before October 1st (less than 10 miles from where we lived) email me at [email protected].
Priority will be given to the few individuals I'm currently in contact with regarding my recent Facebook listings (see link in thread). :)

FWIW, I know I don't have anything that could be classified as rare. I highly doubt I have anything that starts with CEM or SSM or is older than I am. :lol:
I do have components, hardware, and lots of documentation. I'm sure most of the docs are on the site, but these are his personal schematics and notes regarding mods and ideas he had over the years. I plan on passing the T1 contact board project and the 2600 speaker info to two very worthy individuals, free of charge, to further develop as they see fit.

There's tons of his notes on Kevin's computer and backup hard drive that will probably end up online, but I'm just not ready to look through any of that. I have no motivation to "preserve Kevin's legacy" other than to do things that would make him proud of me, which includes preparing to test for my second degree black belt in Taekwondo next year. 8)

I've met some truly wonderful people because of Kevin who may think of 9/21 as VCO Day, and I do plan on keeping in touch with a lot of you! :P
Learn To Fix

Moog T1 Pedal Contact Board Upgrade: http://www.minimoog.net/daphne/moog-tau ... act-board/

midiwall

Post by midiwall » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:58 am

LOVE YOU MONNIE! :)
- Mark

luckynerd

Post by luckynerd » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:11 am

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 414&type=1

These are badges/pins I made out of the same nameplates Kevin made keychain fobs out of.
They're $25 each, with worldwide shipping included. Email [email protected] for more info.
Learn To Fix

luckynerd

Post by luckynerd » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:53 am

I'm making a dump run on Friday.

All parts and schematics left will be trashed.
Learn To Fix

luckynerd

Post by luckynerd » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:47 pm

I was locked out of my storage most of this month, so there are still things left. :oops:
I started listing things on eBay today, and I will continue to do so this week as I complete them.
Learn To Fix