Moog Werkstatt

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
jbl

Re: Moog Werkstatt

Post by jbl » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:19 am

Ordered a werkstatt! I'm finally going to get a moog. I almost had a minitaur last month but something happened. Actually, I'm more excited about this. So I have some questions;
1. I want gate in, someone on another forum says gate out will work as in too, is this true?
2. I will be using my microbrute with this, any suggestions, advice. This is really me getting my feet wet with cv/gate.
3. I saw the sweet water vid about how he grounded the cable to the box. Would that be my best choice? Can someone explain how they ground their box?
4. Am I wrong in assuming, with a decent breakout box (ehx 8 step, cp-251, etc...), this will be a very versatile and useful monosynth?

I started with samplers and turntables but have moved into synth territory lately. With my microbrute, sidekick and now this, I'm afraid modular is the next step.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:11 am

Modular isn't the next step, it's the destination.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:11 am

...the destination that never ends... :lol:
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

RizalKhan

Post by RizalKhan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:37 am

Anyone got their pre-orders yet? Also, why isnt this moved to the Moog Werkstatt thread?

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:07 am

jbl wrote:Someone on another forum says Gate Out will work as a Gate In too, is this true?
It is true, but it is not *officially sanctioned* by Moog as "best practices" to send voltage into an Out.
(But it does seem to work fine.)
jbl wrote:I saw the Sweetwater video about how he grounded the cable to the box. Can someone explain how they ground their box?
The entire metal case is a source for ground. I used some bare metal screws with bare metal washers to insure that the wire was well connected to the case.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

jbl

Post by jbl » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:40 pm

Thanks for the constructive answer!