Anyone know anything recent about Mike Bucki?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
MC

Re: Anyone know anything recent about Mike Bucki?

Post by MC » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:52 pm

I've seen a picture of a 55 from MB and it had toggle switches in place of the unobtanium lighted slide switches.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:04 am

Voltor07 wrote:if more than three of these things are ever built, I will say, yeah, Mike probably was a source of parts.
Supposedly there is supposed to be like five built?

MC,
He also used a toggle switch in place of a white rocker on the 921a I received.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:22 pm

EricK wrote:He also used a toggle switch in place of a white rocker on the 921a I received.

I just bought some NOS rockers (that are actually slider switches beneath the caps) for spares. Apparently, just about anything is available, except the Switchcraft LeverLites. :cry:

robotmakers

Post by robotmakers » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:42 pm

FWIW, my Bucki MoogCE 921A also has the toggle switch. OTOH, my Don Martin 902 has a black rocker, like my RA moog 902. The Martin unit pre-dates the Bucki module by a couple of years.

Whatever,
Roger

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:59 am

I noticed on another forum that it seems (unless it's just coincidence) that Mike was recently subjected to a lien/bankruptcy sale;
"Southtown Storage Center will sell in a commercially reasonable manner all the personal property stored by: Megan E. Allen C066 Joseph C. Ciliberti D042 Cory T. Cross E022 Steven A. Dantuono D019 & D039 Amanda N. GryglewiczF010 Alice WomackE009 Michael S. Bucki B010& B023 Sale Date: Wednesday, Dec. 30 at 9:00 AM Southtown Storage Center 6404 Robinson Rd., Lockport, NY Terms: Cash only. Immediate Removal Sale subject to adjournment Owner has the right to bid at auction. #L163909 December 11, 18, 2015"
So I'm sorry if that's bad news, or perhaps it's a kind of closure.

P.S. the other forum is "Members Only" so I won't link it
P.P.S. a real shame that was KL's last post here...

MC

Post by MC » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:40 am

latigid on wrote:I noticed on another forum that it seems (unless it's just coincidence) that Mike was recently subjected to a lien/bankruptcy sale;
"Southtown Storage Center will sell in a commercially reasonable manner all the personal property stored by: Megan E. Allen C066 Joseph C. Ciliberti D042 Cory T. Cross E022 Steven A. Dantuono D019 & D039 Amanda N. GryglewiczF010 Alice WomackE009 Michael S. Bucki B010& B023 Sale Date: Wednesday, Dec. 30 at 9:00 AM Southtown Storage Center 6404 Robinson Rd., Lockport, NY Terms: Cash only. Immediate Removal Sale subject to adjournment Owner has the right to bid at auction. #L163909 December 11, 18, 2015"
So I'm sorry if that's bad news, or perhaps it's a kind of closure.

P.S. the other forum is "Members Only" so I won't link it
P.P.S. a real shame that was KL's last post here...
That's doesn't look like a bankruptcy or lien. If that were the case then an independent organization would be performing the auction not the storage center business itself. Note the words "Southtown Storage Center will sell in a commercially reasonable manner..."

It looks more like the storage center is auctioning off the contents of storage units with unpaid bills. We do not know if that unit contained the stock of Modusonics parts or Bucki's personal items.

Just because a storage unit went unpaid does not imply bankruptcy or lien.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:44 am

Yeah, you're right MC. But it was just a bit of info I though to pass on.

Mitchell Chastain

Post by Mitchell Chastain » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:37 pm

Good bye Taurus pedals....sure do miss you..... I'll never forgive this guy for stealing them.