deleting presets

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
tomf

deleting presets

Post by tomf » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:48 am

hi,

i made about 30 presets in the G bank, but id now like to delete them so i have them back to normal, i can't see how to delete them though?

any help would be great, thanks

Mr Arkadin

Re: deleting presets

Post by Mr Arkadin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:10 pm

No idea what synth you're talking about, but you don't delete patches on synths, you just replace them with another patch. Depending on your synth you may be able to do a factory restore (which will blow away ALL your patches in all banks, not just G) or upload them from a SysEx file.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

tomf

Post by tomf » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:17 pm

my synth is a voyager. ok, thanks for your help

till

Post by till » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:07 pm

There is no function available to restore just a few of the selfmade sounds to the factory preset sounds. It either all or none.

From the Voyager manual (v 3.5):
Voyager User’s Manual - MASTER Mode

The COPYRIGHT INFO screen shows the copyright dates, as well as the author of Voyager’s operating system, Rudi Linhard. This is also the entry page to the Factory Setup menus – simply press the +1 button to view the Factory Setup Menu.

The FACTORY SOUNDS function restores the Voyager to
its default factory state. Performing this function will replace the current bank with the standard Voyager Performer Edition Preset Bank, so don’t do this unless you are sure you want to. To restore the Voyager’s factor y presets select ‘YES’ and press ENTER. To escape without restoring the Factory presets, select ‘NO’ and press ENTER.
But the factory sounds of v3.5 are available as sysex MIDI file. So you would have to edit this file just to receive the presets you would like to be "restored". But I think these factory sounds are not the one you get when using the Voyager onboard factory sound restore.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:27 pm

overwrite them with whatever you like.. ?
a defaultpatch by example

tomf

Post by tomf » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:07 pm

Thanks, I might just leave them. There's only about 20 or so in bank G.