what's a fair price for a multimoog?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
brunning

what's a fair price for a multimoog?

Post by brunning » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:53 pm

a local shop has one in really nice shape. there haven't been any on ebay in a while, so i guess they're pretty rare (only 1000 made, someone said?). how much would you expect to pay for one?

Kelly

Post by Kelly » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:13 am

http://www.prepal.com/data/Moog.htm

Seems about right. If its much less than that and you are still waffling, please let me know! The MultiMoog made me smile when I had a chance to play one a year or so back.

Kelly.

mee3d

Post by mee3d » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:39 pm

I picked up a pristine Multimoog some months back (completely restored) and I have to say i love it . . . I paid £550 which was a bit of a bargain as they often go for around the £1000 mark in the UK.

Makes a fine addition to a voyager/351/251 set-up, just make sure the pressure sensor works on the keyboard (without having to really press hard) as this is a little hard to fix . . . and the pitch ribbon can sometimes be worn.

Once running warm (15 minutes) I have found the tuning is pretty good.

Coupled with a CV2midi adapter and a midi pedal baord could be a cheap alternative to a set of Taurus pedals as the second OSC has a 1 and 2 octave doubling facility which can create some really low notes and, the envelopes can be run both positive and negative for some really un-moog sounding elastic ploppy sounds.

brunning

Post by brunning » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:09 am

the asking price was $1,000. the thing is in quite nice shape and the price doesn't seem that far off (for a professionally maintained moog from a nyc dealer).

micros in nice shape are selling for $700 in this town now.