what should I buy help!!!!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
endocrine

Post by endocrine » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:58 pm

SH-101 are so awesome. Keytars, baby.
Exclamation I'd never seen the X-Station 25 before. It actually looks kinda cool! Lots of features and knobs...but how does it sound? Is the sound comparable to anything else out there?
I don't have personal experience with the X-Station, but the K-Station is a driving factor in my band, Circuit Pop. If I'm not mistaken they use the essentiallly the same sound engine. The K-Station sounds pretty rich for a VA, but of course miles away from analog. But VAs can never be analog at all. Regardless, if you are looking for a VA, Stations are the way to go.
-Tyler2000-
"You can't touch me 'cause your hands are made of metal."
-Alabama Jihad

ebg31

Post by ebg31 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:49 pm

I thought the SMS was a failed experiment.
"The greatest thing we ever have is the will to survive," - Eric Benjamin Gordon, 2001

Thank you Lord for Doctor Robert Moog!

http://www.ericbenjamingordon.com
http://www.myspace.com/ericbenjamingordon
http://cdbaby.com/cd/ebgordon

Indeed

Post by Indeed » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:26 am

VA's are wack. They're viable instruments of course, but um....this is a forum of analog lovers, so....
Get a Juno, a Juno Alpha, a Rogue, an Arp Odyssey!

:idea:
MPC3000, MF-101, 102, 103, 104Z, 105M, 108m, 107, CP-251, MINI MODEL D, OB-8, ALESIS A6, ARP ODYSSEY MK1, RHODES MK1

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:43 am

What about a Novation ReMOTE 25 and a DSI Evolver? A truly powerful monosynth with excellent sound for a relatively low price and you still get the functionality of the Novation MIDI controller. That's a lot of bang for the buck.

endocrine

Post by endocrine » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:22 am

Musashidan wrote:VA's are wack. They're viable instruments of course, but um....this is a forum of analog lovers, so....
Get a Juno, a Juno Alpha, a Rogue, an Arp Odyssey!

:idea:
I love my Juno. He's right. VAs are decent, but any knucklehead can tell the difference between a VA and analogue. The analogue sounds better. No matter what. You can get some pretty awesome analogues for well within that price range of that X-Station - maybe even two. Of course analogues are generally bigger, heavier, and more fragile. So, it depends on if you are going to be touring extensively or just recording. Or both.
-Tyler2000-
"You can't touch me 'cause your hands are made of metal."
-Alabama Jihad

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:18 am

more affordable moog synth!!

if you build it they will come (or maybe the other way round)

anyway this thread is exactly why moog need to come out with a cheaper monosynth.

BTW i can recommend the SH-101, only has 1 VCO and 1 ENV but it has awsome modulation routings so you really get the most out of its features.
i love using noise as a mod source on the VCO and using vibrato with the bender, sounds like a singing ghost!