New Poly in Preparation

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
thealien666

Re: New Poly in Preparation

Post by thealien666 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:25 pm

Great ! :D

Another Memorymoog saved !
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

megavoice

Post by megavoice » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:09 pm

atomicsynth wrote:The Memorymoog is fixed, 6 voices tuning, all sounding. Three blown 3080's, one blown 4558 and one blown 4066.

A single blown resistor in the N1 beckman array, fixed by cutting associated pins and installing an 0.1% 100K on top of the array in thermal contact. Megavoice's tech in Germany figured that one out; he's not only brilliant but such a nice guy! He explained that all mono and poly CV's go through the N1 on each voice card. Thank you, Mega, for introducing me to such an expert! I'm learning so much from him and I remain indebted to both of you.
You`re welcome :D
That man is mostly the reason for returning back to my synths and getting confidence in electronics after many years of tremendous frustrations in the 80ies..........
In the end after all the work is done you`re going to have the first most modern and upgraded Memorymoog on this planet...........
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fu** the prom queen." —Sean Connery to Nicholas Cage in "The Rock" (1996)
I've never seen any real prom queen here in my country, but if we had some they'd
**** with everyone.

atomicsynth

Post by atomicsynth » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:11 am

megavoice wrote:
You`re welcome :D
That man is mostly the reason for returning back to my synths and getting confidence in electronics after many years of tremendous frustrations in the 80ies..........
In the end after all the work is done you`re going to have the first most modern and upgraded Memorymoog on this planet...........
He is an amazing guy, Mega, as you well know. It's a lot of voice card modification work ahead but is going to be so worth it and I totally agree with what the end result will be! I feel as you do, I've learned so much from him and he does indeed impart confidence!

You have a good evening, my friend.