moog 901a/b clone available from SYNTH-WERK.COM

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
whitenoise

Re: moog 901a/b clone available from SYNTH-WERK.COM

Post by whitenoise » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:16 am

Goom wrote:What is the price for a single 901B shipped to the US? Thank you.
Because of the intensive work to tune a 901a/b bank for good tracking over approx. 3,5 Oct. we decided to sell only the complete bank. This will include 1x 901a and 3x 901b. We also strongly recommend the CP3 as the combining mixer for the oscillators. Price is 1.200 Euro plus shipping.
If you need a single 901b to extend an existing moog 901a/b bank we can do this but we need to talk about the power supply requirements you have and also you need to do the tracking adjustments on your own.

cheers

Gerhard

Goom

Post by Goom » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:38 am

Okay, thank you for the info. Do your 901a/b modules use the same voltages as the original Moog modules? I'm not currently ready to add more modules, I just wanted to get an idea if the opportunity came up.

whitenoise

Post by whitenoise » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:12 pm

Goom wrote:Okay, thank you for the info. Do your 901a/b modules use the same voltages as the original Moog modules? I'm not currently ready to add more modules, I just wanted to get an idea if the opportunity came up.
All modules follow the moog format and come with the standard „.com“ connector for easy integration in existing systems. The modules work with supply voltages of +15/-15 Volt. Each module has it`s own power regulation to +12/-6 Volt.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:51 pm

whitenoise wrote:
Goom wrote:Okay, thank you for the info. Do your 901a/b modules use the same voltages as the original Moog modules? I'm not currently ready to add more modules, I just wanted to get an idea if the opportunity came up.
All modules follow the moog format and come with the standard „.com“ connector for easy integration in existing systems. The modules work with supply voltages of +15/-15 Volt. Each module has it`s own power regulation to +12/-6 Volt.
As a .com owner myself, I can appreciate this offering! :mrgreen:
Sub 37 #000068, Minitaur, CP-251, MF-102&103, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ.

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:51 am

The dual regulators in these modules is actually a very smart idea.
Besides that it can accept various power sources, having each VCO separately regulated allows them to be moved around in a system without fear of varied loading or power wire resistances.
It's what Polyfusion did on their VCOs and what Oberheim did on their SEMS and Minisequencers.
Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime. - R. Pupkin