what should moog release next?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.

what should moog release next

"more affordable synthesizer"
8%
vocoder
5%
drum machine
13%
modular
11%
new moogerfooger (mf style)
10%
new moogerfooger (cp 251 style)
14%
self contained poly synth
39%

Total votes: 202

Sparks

Re: what should moog release next?

Post by Sparks » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:15 am

I'd love to see a moog bass guitar that plays well with my T3 pedals, or a Voyager or Phatty or foogers. From what I've heard or seen (videos), the moog guitar is an amazing instrument and I believe a bass would sell. I'd definitely save $5k US for one.
Mark
in T3 heaven......

Niko

Post by Niko » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:08 am

I would whish to get a small, portable sampler to carry all(most) of my other instruments I've collected over the years. It should contain a filter and some other additional passive controllers to modify the sounds slightly. And it should be able to combine it sufficiantly with a Voyager, LP, Theremin (Etherwave plus) and/or Fooger(s). It should be polyphonic and controllable via MIDI. And it should fit to the Voyager, Mini Moog design with wooden housing and the famous knobs. And again, it shoud be portable as well - and well.
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

Where is the tutti button on this instrument? ...

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:10 am

samplers age so quickly. and when all the polyphonic is there why not include a non aging analog oscilatorbank too, et voila, a polyfonic analog moog

one other idea for the new moog :
a portable version of the voyager , build in a flightcase like the sonicsix or synthi, with ( buffered ) patchmatrix, and a build in speaker.
could be a refurbished voyager old school with all in and outputs as"matrix-patchfield" ( simple stereojacks, with resistor or simply connected, as "pins"). afcourse also on the patchfield outputs of simple-midiinterface. instead of keyboard something simpler maybe
all in a samsonite.
wouldn't be so much out of the olsschool price range, no wood needed, no extensive design , and that in the context of the exclusivity and the nowadays prices for the sonicsix ( 1600+euro) and the ems synthi-a ( 4200+euro) , it could be a hit.
Last edited by sunny pedaal on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

HB3

Post by HB3 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:24 am

How about a brand of potato chips....

SamTHorn

Post by SamTHorn » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:44 pm

Good work....

isla mujeres hotels
:roll:
Last edited by SamTHorn on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:11 pm

analog poly synth. i'd be all over that :)
Little Phatty Stage II, MF-101, MF-102, MF-107, MP-201, EP-2

panama2

Post by panama2 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:53 am

Moog polysynth is stupid.

MC

Post by MC » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:10 am

Under that logic, we should have stayed with horse and buggy.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:52 am

he wrote "poly", not" polly"

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:54 am

MC wrote:Under that logic, we should have stayed with horse and buggy.
Maybe he's Amish.
I've decied I no longer need a poly Moog as I have the abilty to do 3 voices with my modular and can always add voices as I can afford or need them. Programming isn't so easy, but the resultant sounds are heavenly.

What trollomatic can't understand is what a polyphonis machine can actully do for sound creation. The abilty for a voice to trail when a new one is sounded. The ability to electronically recreate sympathetic oscillations.
Even in that foreign music, the monophonic instruments resonate and ring previous notes as new ones are sounded. Drones sound from the harmonics on other pitched sounds, etc. The more voices you have to work with, the more you can do.
But by Trollomatic's logic, There should only be one string on a sitar and there would be no need for more than one tabla drum. After all, any polyphony is bad.

I still want to see a reissue of the ribbon controller. Especially if it was teamed with a set of mod wheels/joystick and a Voyager touchscreen!
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:22 pm

Has anybody tried mating the Doepfer Ribbon controller to Moog gear? I've seen the Walking Stick ribbon and while it appears well built and economically priced and wood!, something with a 'brain' in front of it, albeit at significanly more $$ adds a fair amount of utility.

The R2M is $400 and has the Eurorack look and feel but if you can get past that, it seems to have all of the bells of whistles.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:11 pm

I was actually thinking about that earlier this week. How much I still want a ribbon controller that out puts cv and gates two each perhaps so you can spilt the top and bottom halves to control bass and lead lines on two seperate synths. And if it doesn't drive up the price to much maybe some scaling options (traditional free and smooth pitch gliding, or lock in a key via midi/usb?)
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:14 pm

I'd love to build or have an appendage built.

http://mypeoplepc.com/members/scottnoan ... /id35.html

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScottStites

The Appendage is not a simple ribbon controller. The Appendage is a ribbon controller specifically designed to control multiple functions of an analog synthesizer from a single control surface. The Appendage produces a number of voltages: Initial Note Voltage, Slide Voltage, Bend Voltage, and TFS voltage (which is proportional to the distance between two points of contact). These voltages are available individually in normal and inverted form, and a mix section is provided so that a blend of these control signals can be generated. In addition to the control voltages it produces, the Appendage also produces gate and trigger signals, with three different triggering modes. The Appendage provides modulation inputs and calibrated mix inputs and sample inputs. The Appendage utilizes a very high stability, extremely low droop sample and hold system. Its unique signal acquisition circuitry allows control with very slight pressure, thus the moniker "touch ribbon". The Appendage accepts external gate signals for synchronization with external devices and can also be used as a very high quality sample and hold/track and hold system. The Appendage can be used as a pitch controller and as a modulation controller simultaneously through manipulation of the ribbon surface and various control settings of the Appendage.

panama2

Post by panama2 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:53 pm

What you 'tards don't realize is that a Moog poly will probably bankrupt Moog, especially in this economy. But continue to put pressure on them for your own selfish, materialistic needs, that's the American way, right?

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:14 pm

For those that don't know, there's an "add foe" function if you click on Troll's profile. Problem solved... until he makes another account. I'm going to play some music today. What about you guys?