Build and Sell a modern version of the Moog "Constellation"

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Bald Eagle

Re: Build and Sell a modern version of the Moog "Constellati

Post by Bald Eagle » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:18 pm

ZYKLIFF wrote: Anybody play the DSI Prophet 12? It's nucking futs! I played it with eyes closed... Didn't sound like digital Osc's. P12 is pseudo analogue, and very sophisticated sounding/feeling.
I have a Prophet 12 and I agree. I'm very pleased with it.

BrianK

Post by BrianK » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:48 am

a) I don't see why Moog should "package" something that would be SO expensive and unwieldy. The Constellation was never made or sold (even Emerson used only 2 parts of it), and WHO do we know that has skills to play not only two keyboards but bass pedals as well? That's theater organ stuff!!

b) The polyphonic Moog is still debated here daily. I just don't see anything that could be done that the Andromeda, Omega 8, or Prophet 12 (really cool NEW set of options, on top of the vintage stuff) can do - unless it comes out very cheaply and has strong Moog sound. The Bowen Solaris, though it is digital, runs rings around all of those, sonically and for range...

megavoice

Post by megavoice » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:44 am

I also don't see a "package" as a sensible stuff to be released. The most people want to use their gear "independently".
On the other side home-workers and recorders who want a full and rich sound instantly or for experience-working are probably well-equipped with this kind of set-up, but at the end it should be detachable.

As for a Poly in general those who absolutely need one are only a "group", and if you like a big group, but too small enough to encourage a factory to make new investments. There's absolutely a too small number of people at the end who'd really buy one to justify new engagements.
But with Moog we've a very special and historic brand. In this case I would say we've a very special kind of situation, even more when we consider the "most desired" and "typical" Moog-sound.
This should give us a kind of hope.................

And yes, I announced recently a new Poly will "come up" next elsewhere, but I also don't know where this will be end finally.............
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fu** the prom queen." —Sean Connery to Nicholas Cage in "The Rock" (1996)
I've never seen any real prom queen here in my country, but if we had some they'd
**** with everyone.