prototype

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
MC

Re: prototype

Post by MC » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:23 pm

GovernorSilver wrote:If so, that would be consistent with MC's post on the Voyager forum: 0.93V/octave at the CV input, 1.0V/octave at the CV output
Other way around

CV inputs are 1V/oct

CV outputs without VX-351 are 0.93V/oct

CV outputs with VX-351 are 1V/oct
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Ohh no... more metering!!!!! loll

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Two questions:

Midi CC controllability (in, not worried about out)?

When a patch is recalled will the knobs behave in a snap to, hold till pass, or catch up manner?

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:02 pm

Don't think we'll know the answers to these until after NAMM and perhaps the manual is published but I would GUESS that it's USB functionality will pave the way for many of the same code features of Minitaur as far as SNAP, PASS-THRU, etc. of pots. No synth does as good a job at managing this than the original Little Phatty; that light ring, though low-res in some ways is an absolutely brilliant design.

Whether or not there will be an Editor with plethora of under-da-hood features is likely the next question that folks will be asking. I sure hope so.

I really like the 4x4 preset scheme. Very simple and tbh, what good is having 100 anyway; scrolling through 42 to reach the one you want isn't exactly practical in a live environment anyway and in a very much old-school sort of way, the first preset synths like the OB-1 and Prophet had just a handful of presets.

Very much looking forward to seeing this thing played for real; (not that the internals and far right and far left pics haven't been cool to see). I want to see it adjacent to a Little Phatty and would say that putting Poly functionality to the back burner for the moment, the combo of Sub Phatty + LIttle Phatty is far better than a 2-note Little Phatty + Slim Phatty from a playability perspective.

Think of getting a nice arpeggio going on LP, then noodling, I mean doodling away on Sub or just using it for a pure bassline while playing the lead on Little, I mean slightly bigger brother. Alot to like about this I think; so maybe I will sell my 2 Octave Novation SL MkII and replace it with this?
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:08 pm

Re: Kobol, yeah Ian. Finally...!! Thanks for your efforts to locate one for me last month. I got this from a fellow Muffwiggler located right in D.C.

It's currently mounted next to my Tribute, powered by it's CV out, or the q119 you see above it. And as you know, it's FAT, certainly holds up on it's own without the need for a brother. I've sync'ed it with an SSL 1200 VCO and it really sounds good especially through my DIY spring reverb. I've only had a chance to pipe it through a 2-pole MF-101 Lowpass due to wiring and my other rack being in pieces (adding a 2nd floor to it on Monday). But I think the Post Lawsuit is going to be a good combo.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:05 am

Performance mode in the Lp negates thd need to scroll through the 100 presets. Just saying ...:)
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

tommyecho

Post by tommyecho » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:36 am

MC wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:If so, that would be consistent with MC's post on the Voyager forum: 0.93V/octave at the CV input, 1.0V/octave at the CV output
Other way around

CV inputs are 1V/oct

Yes, this was what I thought Perry was saying about it. Again, I had two different kinds of Oscillators tracking for 4 octaves using the pitch out of my voyager. Here's something else that's cool: if you run a midi sequence or arpeggiator from Ableton or anything else to the voyager, the pitch info is passed on through the pitch out CV, making it a midi to CV converter for that sort of thing. . . I don't mean to hijack the thread. I've seen this info pop up a lot in different threads about the .93V thing, and I think we should get it clarified somewhere for anyone who's wondering. . .
THE GOLDEN MINIMOOG VOYAGER #31

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:43 am

I always thought having 100 slots to save patches in was totally unnecessary. I had like 5 or 6 patches that I used, and I wanted something different I'd, you know, TWEAK THE KNOBS. 16 is great. People should stop whining and learn how to use a synthesizer.
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

muksys

Post by muksys » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Kenneth wrote:People should stop whining and learn how to use a synthesizer.
DING!

filtered

Post by filtered » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:44 pm

Kenneth wrote:
People should stop whining and learn how to use a synthesizer.

DING!
ding ding!!

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:29 pm

I want loads and loads of presets or none at all.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:49 pm

EricK wrote:I want loads and loads of presets or none at all.
Glue down the "Activate Panel" button.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

museslave

Post by museslave » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:22 pm

Kenneth wrote:I always thought having 100 slots to save patches in was totally unnecessary. I had like 5 or 6 patches that I used, and I wanted something different I'd, you know, TWEAK THE KNOBS. 16 is great. People should stop whining and learn how to use a synthesizer.
Easy, there, Kenneth. You're starting to sound like me. ;)
www.youtube.com/user/automaticgainsay
www.myspace.com/automaticgainsay2
www.myspace.com/godfreyscordialmusic

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:56 pm

museslave wrote:
Kenneth wrote:I always thought having 100 slots to save patches in was totally unnecessary. I had like 5 or 6 patches that I used, and I wanted something different I'd, you know, TWEAK THE KNOBS. 16 is great. People should stop whining and learn how to use a synthesizer.
Easy, there, Kenneth. You're starting to sound like me. ;)
Oh goodness! You're RIGHT!! :o

I used to think you were a little bigoted about vintage analog. Then I realized you were right.
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

GovernorSilver

Post by GovernorSilver » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:56 am

MC wrote:
Other way around

CV inputs are 1V/oct

Mea culpa. I reread your post at http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16814 and sure enough I got it backwards.

Since the voltage topic does get brought up from time to time, there should be a FAQ or sticky post.