Predictions for new Moog Products this year

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
thealien666

Re: Predictions for new Moog Products this year

Post by thealien666 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:05 pm

misterpete wrote:SAVED BY TECHNOLOGY, in Toronto Canada ~ that was the year it came out
when it was the cover girl on the front of KEYBOARD magazine.

Haha, yeah, that store... :roll:

Geddy Lee, of fame Canadian rock group Rush, has stated in an interview that they were sponsored by that company/store in the eighties, for all their synthesizers needs, and that the fact that the group deviated from their rock origins towards overcrowded synths in their music was largely due to agressive merchandising on the part of Saved By Technology. He said that they should have called themselves: Destroyed By Technology, as their music suffered a lot from it, back in those days...
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

calaverasgrande

Post by calaverasgrande » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:10 pm

the MP201 was a great box, but it has flaws associated with various revisions (triplets? Midi sync?)
I would love to see a MP201 sequel, maybe MP301? Everyone that I see uisng them has them up on a table next to their other modular gear, so I imagine they could lose the gas pedal and the fancy box and go for a 1/2 RU sized box with CV jacks and (please) dedicated gate jacks.

I would love to see a new Moog which resurrects the analog string sounds of the 70's-80's using divide down circuits. Something like an Arp or Crumar string machine, but with Moog filters and modulation!
Judging from the Herb Deutch video looks like we may see an all knobs version of the phatty?
I love the idea, but I like saving patches even more.
Taurus III, Digitone, Dark Energy, OB6, MG1, Grandmother, Blofeld

nuno

Post by nuno » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:43 pm

calaverasgrande wrote:Judging from the Herb Deutch video looks like we may see an all knobs version of the phatty?
I love the idea, but I like saving patches even more.
It probably has patch memory a la Minitaur, with a dedicated editor.

Looks and SOUNDS great so far, though hoping it's more than 2 octaves keyboard. (Are you reading this Moog? Please make it 3 octaves!)

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:06 pm

ColorForm2113 wrote:apparently there is a new pedal too...cant wait to see that now!
WHA!? Curiosity has peaked!! Savings account started!
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:21 pm

LivePsy wrote:Moog would do well to respond to the MacBeth Micromac with a cut down Voyager in a desktop Taurus like box.
Ooh yummy. Might have been close to the mark if I do pat myself on the back. Shame I then ruined it with
Actually, now I change my mind. Macbeth have done it so well, Moog shouldn't bother :(
:lol:
I've stopped talking now.

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Alien8 wrote:
ColorForm2113 wrote:apparently there is a new pedal too...cant wait to see that now!
yeah I forget what forum it was in, maybe vse, but someone with "a friend at a music retailer" kind of situation said that moog is bringing a new synth and new pedal to namm
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

calaverasgrande

Post by calaverasgrande » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:34 pm

ColorForm2113 wrote:
Alien8 wrote:
yeah I forget what forum it was in, maybe vse, but someone with "a friend at a music retailer" kind of situation said that moog is bringing a new synth and new pedal to namm
OTOH there is a lot of stuff that appears at NAMM that never sees retail.
Us bassists are still waiting to see the new all tube bass amps form Mesa Boogie, debuted at last years NAMM IIRC.
Taurus III, Digitone, Dark Energy, OB6, MG1, Grandmother, Blofeld

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:33 pm

How about they put a Mic on Herb's MULTIDRIVE new Model V ~ so it looks something like this?

http://www.google.ca/search?q=korg+vc-1 ... 84&bih=728
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

bhrama

Post by bhrama » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:27 am

museslave wrote:people who want all functions to be immediately accessible— for performance, physical interaction, and creative spark. I prefer my synthesizers to be machines and not dots I see through a glowing window. :)

This!
P6, Tempest, Sub37

fyvewytches

Post by fyvewytches » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:32 am

Kenneth wrote:Going back to what was said about a new analog vocoder: YES. In a Fooger format, please?
COTK announced a modular vocoder in November. I've not heard any demos yet though.
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

fyvewytches

Post by fyvewytches » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:36 am

museslave wrote:people who want all functions to be immediately accessible— for performance, physical interaction, and creative spark. I prefer my synthesizers to be machines and not dots I see through a glowing window. :)
I prefer my synthesizers to be instruments not machines :wink:

It's all about expressiveness an the Voyager is alive with that !!
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:05 pm

Exactement! C'est ça!!!
fyvewytches wrote:I prefer my synthesizers to be instruments not machines :wink:
It's all about expressiveness an the Voyager is alive with that !!
I'm sure I'm not the first person to feel like DR. BOB is actually somewhere deep within those Oscillators and Filters of my "machine". The Touch Surface Controller, Expression Pedals & Control Processors, Ribbon Controller etc. ~ Sample & Hold and the ever evolving sound of CV ins & outs ~ all that organic and intuitive connectivity working together make MOOG instruments practically breath ~ it's like SPOOKY, man :!:
:lol:
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D