Synth-folk: Coronal Mass Vernacular

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
marty

Synth-folk: Coronal Mass Vernacular

Post by marty » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Hey all, merry Christmas! I wanted to share a record I published this morning:

http://soundcloud.com/martymarquis/sets ... vernacular
or http://martymarquis.bandcamp.com if you'd like to download it.

This would probably qualify as "folk-rock" but Moog products figure prominently all over the place so I thought it might be of some interest. The T3 holds down the bass mostly, there's plenty of Voyager and 'fooger action, and an old dissipated Micromoog plays the part of Townes Van Zandt on an all-Moog arrangement of his "None But The Rain".

Anyway thanks everybody for so freely sharing your knowledge on all things synth. I am from the singer-songwriter school but became interested in synthesis a few years ago and have haunted this forum ever since I got my Taurus in the summer of 2010. Virtually everything I know I learned between here and Gordon Reid's SOS articles (and listening to Carlos and Tomita). You all are great!

peace,
marty

Kenneth

Re: Synth-folk: Coronal Mass Vernacular

Post by Kenneth » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:36 am

Marty, as you know, I am a HUGE fan of your Switched-On Goodbye Bread album (I have it on my iPod), so obviously to me this is a stroke of genius as well. It's amazing to hear your original take on electronic music after hearing a cover album from you. I must say this is a beautiful mixture of cozy folkiness and glittery synthesizers. It brings to mind the Cat Stevens records from the late 1970s when he started experimenting with electronics. I will absolutely be downloading this. Another victory for Mr. Marty Marquis! :D
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

diddi_jo

Re: Synth-folk: Coronal Mass Vernacular

Post by diddi_jo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Nice work!
Voyager OS, Prophet 08, Rhodes MkI 73, NordLead2 and more...