FS: Moog Little Phatty Red Limited Edition For Sale

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Spitfire

FS: Moog Little Phatty Red Limited Edition For Sale

Post by Spitfire » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:13 am

If anyone is interested, I have the rare limited edition red LP for sale on Ebay. It is in absolutely perfect condition, I am the original owner, and it has seen very little use since I bought it 10 months ago. I am letting it go for $999, or best offer, with free shipping to the continental U.S.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moog-Little-Pha ... 27ce1fedf2

Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:
Minimoog Model D / Moog Little Phatty TE / DSI Prophet 08 / Elektron Digitone / Elektron Octatrack Mkii / Clavia Nord Wave / Nord Drum II / Clavia Nord Lead 3 / Roland TR-707 / Roland TB-03 / Korg MS-20 / Access Virus TI 2 Polar / Roland SH-101 /:mrgreen:

Spitfire

Re: FS: Moog Little Phatty Red Limited Edition For Sale

Post by Spitfire » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:12 pm

SOLD :mrgreen:
Minimoog Model D / Moog Little Phatty TE / DSI Prophet 08 / Elektron Digitone / Elektron Octatrack Mkii / Clavia Nord Wave / Nord Drum II / Clavia Nord Lead 3 / Roland TR-707 / Roland TB-03 / Korg MS-20 / Access Virus TI 2 Polar / Roland SH-101 /:mrgreen:

red

Post by red » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:28 pm

GRP A4 ???
::red

red

Post by red » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:43 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanalog-four by elektron, I see
::red

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:01 pm

@stiiiiiiiiive

LOL yes, Analog 4 it is. :wink: I thought I saw you on the Elektron forum! :lol:

Man it was a very difficult decision... I liked having the arp on the Red and the extra voice in my three-voice analog setup. But, with the A4 that should be arriving at Novamusik today (barring worsening weather conditions), that will bring my count up to 6! AND, instead of only having an arp, now I have the Elektron sequencer to add to the fray. I never liked the Machinedrum's sounds - which I owned for a few months and sold - but man am I sold on the A4.

I was going to wait for whatever Moog was going to announce in the coming months, but I figured it would be way more expensive than the A4 (because I am hoping they would wise up and keep up with competitors already offering - albeit DCO-based - analog polysynths) and the A4 looks and sounds like one hell of a machine. At this point, with VCOs and DCOs working together in my MIDIpal-based analog synth setup, they will work together like a 6-person choir since their voices all sound different but can hit the same notes. A choir of analog angels :lol: .

Regarding a new Moog offering, I know it will be around for a while and it most likely being a pricey option, I figure I can wait a bit. The LEV96 or whatever it's called, and any iPad "apps" have not piqued my interest... but if they release something like a Moog Polymoog II (VCOs, DCOs... who cares) or Moog Source II (each with retro styling), well, it would only be a question of time before I buy it. :mrgreen:

How about you? Is the A4 on your list as well, or are you going to hold out for the Moog announcement? Hahaha, to quote Nu Shooz, "I can't wait" for the A4 to arrive!!! :lol:

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:22 pm

YEaaah... the A4 is very attractive. I can easily imagine myself playing it wth a keyboard as it can record exactly what you play in th sequencer. Sort of a looper, but that you can modulate the sound of recorded material afterwards.

The forthcoming polyphonic mode is a great news too.

I'm in a live-synth-impro-vibe these days (only the mates are missing :lol: ) and this could be THE instrument to bring for a light set-up.

But you guys will send report for the early version bugs, plus I gave enough here for having fun... so I'll wait :)

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:29 pm

:lol: Early adopters = beta testers. Not to mention important parts of a marketer's research.

I made a big mistake when I bought one of the first Blofelds released by Waldorf. Man was it buggy... and remained buggy until I sold it after a couple of years. So far, the early bug reports appear to be minor and elektron's staff seems to work quicker and more reliably than Waldorf's team. Well, we'll see what happens.

As to your live-synth-impro-vibe project, that sounds pretty cool. Got any links? I'd love to hear it. :D

If by "mates" you mean band members, well, you have your electronic instruments and sequencers for that! :wink: Songwriting can be fun when you involve other people, but I have grown so accustomed to writing my own music that my bandmates are my instruments and computers. It's like a mad scientist-type thing. 8) I was in a punk/rock band in high school and we played everything from Metallica to Green Day covers. Once I said as the lead singer that we should write our own stuff, the rest of the guys were like, "uh, well Metallica's cool and whatever and, like, we don't want to write nothing. Let's do covers." I knew then that I had to buy this program called Cubase VST, a cool new synth with the first ever touchscreen called a Korg Triton, a sound card called the Echo Gina, a Mackie mixer, and a little MIDI interface that tells the instruments what to do. That was 1999, and after decrypting the difference between audio and MIDI (man I struggled with that for a bit in the beginning) my one-man-band has grown a lot since.

Well, judging from the weather, I'm going to have to wait until after my vacation to pick it up from Novamusik (don't want to leave the A4 in a UPS warehouse for a week, you know?)