New recording: Voyager, MF 104M, & MP 201

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
tommyecho

New recording: Voyager, MF 104M, & MP 201

Post by tommyecho » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Hey guys,

Here's a one-take improv I recorded the other night using my recently acquired MP 201. Just the Voyager XL into the MF 104m with the MP 201 controlling the MF. Reverb is the UAD EMT 250. Hope you guys like it!

http://soundcloud.com/tommyecho/sirens
THE GOLDEN MINIMOOG VOYAGER #31

hooshirn

Re: New recording: Voyager, MF 104M, & MP 201

Post by hooshirn » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:58 am

I wish I could score one of those pedal's but the price's are skyrocketing as of late. I thought the song was very enjoyable and evolving similar to the kind of stuff I'm working on as exampled this

https://soundcloud.com/phattcharlie/due2

This was made with a circuit bent Casio run through a Fooger filter and Midi Murf. I'm experimenting with circuit bent bed's of sound's with foogers rounding off the that digital chaos harsh edge. Their is a lot of my Voyager Xl in this recording several patche's mixed lightly over the circuit bent stuff. when you glitch these Casio's they spew out random string's of ever evolving sound and moving the slider's on the Murf around as they play to me is a really cool effect. The pedal would be nice to have as I hear it has and appregator I think I'm going to start experimenting sending the three Midi Fooger's I have C C messages recorded on my Ipad and see if they don't lock up
Voyager XL, Minitaur,Theremen+, Fooger's, Midi delay and Midi murf, Freq box X 2, Ring mod, 101 Filter, Novation ultra station, ZR 76, MC808, Bent Casio's, 3 Speak and Spell's , M audio black box,Korg Monotribe, Ipad's with Animoog, Filtron on and on..

tommyecho

Post by tommyecho » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:35 pm

awesome, hooshirn. Your track is really cool. love the textures your getting. A lot of my stuff is more song-based, but I really like doing this sort of thing, too.

yeah the MP is really great. I found mine on craigslist and got it for $300, though I had to throw in my EP 2 as part of the deal. don't give up on getting one! you should know that there is no arpeggiator on it, though. Lot's of great LFOs and envelopes for connecting to your XL, though!
THE GOLDEN MINIMOOG VOYAGER #31

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:53 pm

Tommyecho, I loved listeing to this track, really. Awesome textures.

Hooshrin, yours made me think of... sort of cinema time travel alla Lynch :)

Nice work guys, keepup the good sounds.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:55 pm

[ok, I once recorded a guitar improv with a MP controlling and a couple of EHX pedals. I take the opportunity to link it, no crappy prom intended :) Here]

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Incredible! Just that...

I've heard other works too, they're all great! My honest congrats.

Cheers!
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue

Kent

Post by Kent » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:55 am

The MP-201 is perhaps the most amazing and forward-thinking (outside the box) physical device (Animoog excepted) that Moog ever released. The fact that it didn't sell in enough numbers in order to be economically sustainable is a bit of a testament to that. The Moog engineers pretty much thought of everything including Bi-Polar vs. Uni-Polar CV scaling. What else has CV/Gate outputs, DIN MIDI I/O & USB I/O with tap-tempo, LFOs and manual sweeping? Add in the presets and the fact it each preset will instantly reconfigure the core performance features of the machine, et voila: a portable, podiatric, powerhouse!

Mine currently controls a Buchla 200e via MIDI & CV, MF-108M via MIDI, Ableton Live via USB & a Folktek-modified Omnichord OM-84 via GATE. It's a wonderful box. I still need to incorporate my other Moogers into the setup.

The bonus, and what makes it a classic IMO, is that it is dead easy to program.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 am

Kent wrote:What else has CV/Gate outputs, DIN MIDI I/O & USB I/O with tap-tempo, LFOs and manual sweeping? Add in the presets and the fact it each preset will instantly reconfigure the core performance features of the machine, et voila: a portable, podiatric, powerhouse!
Now th Elektron Analog4 has. You may not be interested in the sequencer and internal analogue synth though, and save some money.