Rick Wakeman live from '75

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
MC

Re: Rick Wakeman live from '75

Post by MC » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Wakeman disowned the Union recording. The producer took his MIDI tracks and replaced the sounds behind Rick's back. Pretty sacrilegious. That was a big topic in Keyboard magazine for a while (Rick: "I wouldn't trust him with a food mixer"). The producer had his counter-argument which was followed by many letters to the magazine, and not one letter defended the producer.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

drogoff

Re: Rick Wakeman live from '75

Post by drogoff » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Kevin Lightner wrote:I didn't mind some of the stuff on "Journey to the Centre of the Earth", but was disappointed with "Tales from Topographic Oceans."
It was a two record set and had just one small solo part I liked.
Specifically, the Mini solo here: http://www.minimoog.net/topographic_solo.mp3
This style was a lot like much of the soloing on "White Rock", including the rarely used Mini noise modulation.
Yep - great solo and patch. It's also the first sound I try and copy on every synth and, until some of the recent MM VSTs, a sound that no other synth could make!