New Moog product ?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Polymoogie

New Moog product ?

Post by Polymoogie » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:35 pm

Hi everybody,

thought about the topic of a new Moog product.

What about a smaller live-monosynth in the style of a Prodigy or the Rogue ?

I love my Voyagers very much and their possibilities in the studio are exciting. But they are quite heavy to carry from gig to gig and when you ask my hernia about her (or his ?) relationship to the Voyis it gets more complicated.

I would love a smaller instrument with two VCOs + LFO (Minimoog-like architecture) with sync, and knobs for detuning, Cutoff, Resonance, i.e. mainly the most used features for playing live.

It should still be an all analog beast, but with a little slimmed down possibilities.

This would have the following consequences:

1. Less weight, better portability;
2. Less cost, because when it is derivated from the Voyager the R&D costs would be a lot smaller (this would help Moog to break into another market - the area of the ATC-1, f.e.); less costs, because it wouldn´t have all the features of the Voyager;
3. Easier to play live, because of the less functions;
4. Still having the Moog sound.

What do you think ?

Would it be an interesting product ?

Polymoogie

Kelly

Post by Kelly » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:17 am

One might consider the Waldorf Pulse+. A solid sounding, 3 osc analog mono with memories and MIDI. Cheap now too. You'de need only connect a MIDI controller of your choice. The Edirol ones are light, cheap and full size. Yet, if it must be Moog, and should he tread on a path well travelled, may he give unto us a modular :D

Simen

FAB

Post by Simen » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:33 am

I would love to have a moog drum machine. BUT I would rather have the step sequencer outside to use it with the Voyager and other synths. The spes sequencer should be CV/GATE based, not unlike the Reason-Maxtrix.

The drum machine would be fine without pads.. just the machine in a rack module :-). It should be designed to integrate with the voyager (have more or less the same ins and outs)