Share your synthesizer music!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Vsyevolod

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by Vsyevolod » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:45 pm

The Sherman Filterbank is a beast! You have to use a strict hand when trying to tame it, it's really a wild animal. Loving mine...

Stephen

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:38 pm

Finally got back in the home studio after being away for awhile. This little jam came right out. I used a simple 4-track setup in Ableton.

Track 1: Taiko drum samples.
Track 2: Harp samples through amp sim.
Track 3: Moog Minitaur
Track 4: Moog Slim Phatty through FreqBox and MuRF.

Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/namahshaman/day-won

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:14 pm

My latest little performance music video I did the other night to show my song creation process... this is still a rough work-in-progress. Featuring the DSI Mono Evolver Keyboard, the Moog Sub 37 and the Korg Wavedrum Global Edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HOgXIcPX30

:)

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:32 pm

@jido-genshi

My favorite one so far.
Wave drums just rock. I've been using two old silvers for a number of years. Need to get the new one.

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:30 pm

slabwax wrote:@jido-genshi

My favorite one so far.
Wave drums just rock. I've been using two old silvers for a number of years. Need to get the new one.
Thanks! Yeah, I love the Wavedrum, I wouldn't mind getting a second one if I could ever afford it again (spent my last penny on the Sub 37.)

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:08 am

Damn… I knew I should have posted a video instead :lol:

This is very cool, Jido-genshi. First time I've seen anyone use brushes on a Wave drum. Great timbres, enjoyable track.

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:20 pm

namahshaman wrote:Damn… I knew I should have posted a video instead :lol:

This is very cool, Jido-genshi. First time I've seen anyone use brushes on a Wave drum. Great timbres, enjoyable track.
Thanks namahshaman! The great thing about the Wavedrum is the contact mics underneath the drum head, so it picks up and mixes the sound of what ever you hit it with. I got brushes, sticks, mallets... and you really can hear the different objects that you use with it. Fun stuff!

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:38 pm

That track got me instersted in the Wavedrum too. Great music, and nice feeling :)

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:02 am

While not as cool as the original Wave drum the new ones are cool.I''d love to see Korg make a higher end unit with computer editing and a few things like that. Sound wise it does seem to be aimed at hand drum players and not strange music geeks. Still over all it is a cool piece.

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:01 pm

stiiiiiiive wrote:That track got me instersted in the Wavedrum too. Great music, and nice feeling :)
Thanks man!
slabwax wrote:While not as cool as the original Wave drum the new ones are cool.I''d love to see Korg make a higher end unit with computer editing and a few things like that. Sound wise it does seem to be aimed at hand drum players and not strange music geeks. Still over all it is a cool piece.
If you mean the original original rare one made out of wood, yeah, that would be pretty amazing to have. It would be nice if they did make a higher-end model like that again with added abilities like you mentioned... but as for the other models, this Global Edition really does standout in terms of the amount of sounds compared to previous models and the way the tweaked the playing dynamics as well (much more expressive.) And though there are a ton of "real" drums sounds for both hand and stick players, there are a small collection of experimental and electronic sounds (thunder sounds, industrial metal klank loops, etc.) as well. I should experiment with this more...

benreigle

Post by benreigle » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:12 am

http://ghostsmoker.bandcamp.com/releases This is my newest project Ghost Smoker. I play drums and synth in it. Moog sub phatty and arturia mini brute into an abxy splitter. A=sub phatty b=minibrute, x= MFDrive>MFDelay>>Mr. Black Supermoon Chrome>ditto looper Y=MF102ringmod>MF103 phaser>MF104M delay then xy goes out to a Sunn concert pa head into two 2x15 cabs. Had a custom abxy box built so I could send a to x or y and b to x or y simultaneously. Also use a ehx 8step program.

aisling

Post by aisling » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:20 am

noddyspuncture

Post by noddyspuncture » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:29 pm

1djwally1

Post by 1djwally1 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:40 pm

Cool thread! Lots of interesting stuff. I'm just getting into synths. After building some basic electronic noise maker "synths", guitar fuzz pedals and a bat detector from schematics I found online, I feel I reached the limits of my electronic abilities. I'm very mechanical minded. So instead of trying to build more complex stuff, I started "collecting" analog synth stuff this summer. Here I'm playing aroud with my 16 step analog sequencer and Little Phatty, clocking the sequencer with the LP's arpeggiator. Just a couple of test recordings on an old Tascam 4 track tape recorder (only used 2 tracks, one for drums and one for Moog, and played only one to three notes). For better or worse for your ears, here are the tracks of me screwing around. My next few pieces of gear will be an MF-102 and CP-251.

https://soundcloud.com/scratchy-cat-rec ... ern-lights

https://soundcloud.com/scratchy-cat-rec ... etaway-car

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:34 am

Latest jam/improv using my beloved synths: Minimoog D, Korg Mono/Poly, Alesis Ion.

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/thealien666/mario-arpeggio
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion