Share your synthesizer music!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
dswo

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by dswo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:48 pm

Kenneth, I'd listened to some of your tunes a few months ago (around the time when you got the P6), but somehow I missed a bunch of these. "Victoria Dallas" is my new favorite.
David Wilson-Okamura

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:09 pm

Hey, thank you! Victoria Dallas is one of my favorites as well. Sometimes I feel I should not take credit for it, because honestly I don't think I'm good enough to have created it. It was a happy accident.
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:24 am

I believe that, as an artist, you are a sine qua non condition of happy accidents.

I would take the credits and enjoy :)

gothliterocker

Post by gothliterocker » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:08 pm

hey guys, it's my first post so hope i do this right. someone told me this forum might be interested in my unorthodox setup.
for live shows i have recently started playing a 2003 Voyager through a 2003 Orange twin AD 30 amp. i also run it direct and let the sound guy mix the signals.

Here's the music (I also use lots of elektron and vintage roland gear) of my band Distant Cities.
http://distantcities.bandcamp.com

It's kinda dark electronic rock music with a weird vibe

I ran the moog direct on the recording but if you want to hear the moog blaring out of the orange live in person we are playing in Cleveland tomorrow (July 27th 2013) at the Happy Dog with Gauntlet Hair and Blisse, and Wednesday July 31st at the Elbo Room in Chicago (our hometown) with a band from Minneapolis called Wiping out Thousands (WOT)

Here's a clip of us playing live with the Moog through the Orange
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxAKaDAsBjk

dswo

Post by dswo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:19 pm

stiiiiiiive wrote:I would take the credits and enjoy :)
I see that smiley there. But I also know what Kenneth means: "when you're doing it right," as Daft Punk says on their latest CD, it feels like something is coming into you from outside. I think this is one reason we love music. Much of the time we feel trapped: by our situation, even by our own personality. Music, or at least dancing, connects us with other people. Making music connects us with something that, at a moment before, didn't seem to exist. Where did that melody (or beat, or bass line) come from? They seem to be in endless supply. That doesn't mean we're infinite, but it might be a channel to something that is.
David Wilson-Okamura

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:28 pm

dswo wrote:
I see that smiley there. But I also know what Kenneth means: "when you're doing it right," as Daft Punk says on their latest CD, it feels like something is coming into you from outside. I think this is one reason we love music. Much of the time we feel trapped: by our situation, even by our own personality. Music, or at least dancing, connects us with other people. Making music connects us with something that, at a moment before, didn't seem to exist. Where did that melody (or beat, or bass line) come from? They seem to be in endless supply. That doesn't mean we're infinite, but it might be a channel to something that is.
Holy bleep man, I just got the chills. Well said! :)
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:06 am

dswo wrote:
I totally get it, David. I was precisely saying that being an artist consists in allowing that connection, allowing this je-ne-sais-quoi to express through us. Doesn't it deserve credits? I take them when they come, as a proof that the Universe touched someone through me.
Humble and grateful.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:08 am

gothliterocker wrote:hey guys, it's my first post so hope i do this right. someone told me this forum might be interested in my unorthodox setup.
for live shows i have recently started playing a 2003 Voyager through a 2003 Orange twin AD 30 amp. i also run it direct and let the sound guy mix the signals.

Here's the music (I also use lots of elektron and vintage roland gear) of my band Distant Cities.
http://distantcities.bandcamp.com

It's kinda dark electronic rock music with a weird vibe

I ran the moog direct on the recording but if you want to hear the moog blaring out of the orange live in person we are playing in Cleveland tomorrow (July 27th 2013) at the Happy Dog with Gauntlet Hair and Blisse, and Wednesday July 31st at the Elbo Room in Chicago (our hometown) with a band from Minneapolis called Wiping out Thousands (WOT)

Here's a clip of us playing live with the Moog through the Orange
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxAKaDAsBjk
Welcome gothliterocker!!

Not in my cup of tea stylewise, but the recording quality deserves kudos. This is having me wanting to see it in person.

absentmusic1

Post by absentmusic1 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Little Video with Minitaur, Phatty, NI Maschine and Les Paul.
Maybe you like it
Thx

http://youtu.be/utA7zBu-GCY

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:38 pm

A short extract of this afternoon analog jam...

http://soundcloud.com/thealien666/energizeur-by-alain
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

dswo

Post by dswo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:57 pm

thealien666 wrote:A short extract of this afternoon analog jam...

http://soundcloud.com/thealien666/energizeur-by-alain
Alain, I like the new piece, but who is "vous savez qui"? The opening sounds like Moroder ("Here to Eternity") but then at :15 I start hearing Jarre. Thanks also for putting me onto Kebu's album -- I've been enjoying that all summer.
David Wilson-Okamura

dswo

Post by dswo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:06 pm

A quieter piece featuring the Sub Phatty: https://soundcloud.com/dswo/woodland
David Wilson-Okamura

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:39 pm

dswo wrote: Alain, I like the new piece, but who is "vous savez qui"? The opening sounds like Moroder ("Here to Eternity") but then at :15 I start hearing Jarre.
Thanks David. :D
Yep, those are two of the influences in my short piece.

I really enjoyed your short Woodland musical journey. I really dig the sound patches ! That Sub Phatty sure sounds great ! 8)
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

CZ Rider

Post by CZ Rider » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:58 am

Here is a short 3-1/2 min.Youtube that is mostly Moog.
Featuring a patch with the old 1969 Moog using two 901 oscillators patched through the 904B High Pass Filter. The 904B has a positive feedback loop through the CP3 mixer to give it some resonance. I also have a Moog 1120 pedal to change the 904B cutoff for a sort of wah-wah effect.
The background sequence is a Minimoog controlled via a Q960/Q962 combo giving a 24 note sequence. The Minimoog is patched through the Moog modular 907 Fixed Filter Bank, 905 Reverb, and finally a 902 VCA.
There is an Emu Procussion drum track running through an MOTM 420 in HP mode swept with an LFO. Drum also split into an MOTM 410 resonator then mixed together.
Totally live improv.
1969 Moog 901 lead solo patch "Too Much Caffeine" Youtube video
1P Modular,Minimoog,VoyagerRME,CustomMinimoog,Prodigy,MG-1 TaurusII,Opus3,Rogue,Source,Liberation,Micromoog,1125S&H,
1130Perc.x2,1150Ribbonx2,Custom1150,1120Pedal,Songprod,CP-251,VX-351
VX-352,Etherwave,Synampx2,Lil'Phatty,Sonic Six

ebo

Post by ebo » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:34 pm

freqbox quartet for vocoder chords......
http://youtu.be/aay29wBWV7I