Share your synthesizer music!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
User avatar
Poptones
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Dortmund, Germany
Contact:

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by Poptones » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:19 pm

JohnLRice wrote:My latest:

They'll Know It Works Or Not If The Children Survive
https://youtu.be/Jw5gm9iK-LY


Very nice! I like the simultaneity of calmness and disturbance that is stimulated by the interplay with the video.
Beta Test Info:
macOS 10.12.6 | Ableton Live Suite 10 | plug-in format: AU | current Moog gear: MF-104M Analog Delay, Minitaur, Sub 37 Tribute Edition

User avatar
JohnLRice
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:23 am
Location: Western WA USA
Contact:

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by JohnLRice » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:03 am

Poptones wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:My latest:

They'll Know It Works Or Not If The Children Survive
https://youtu.be/Jw5gm9iK-LY


Very nice! I like the simultaneity of calmness and disturbance that is stimulated by the interplay with the video.
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! 8)
John L Rice
MiniMoog, MinitMoog, MG-1, Sub Phatty, 5U modulars, Eurorack modulars

axisdeer
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by axisdeer » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:30 pm

After a ten year hiatus, Axis Deer returns. Ive never posted here before, but have been reading the moog forums for a long time. Thankyou for your time and thanks for listening!

https://axisdeer.bandcamp.com/releases

User avatar
Poptones
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Dortmund, Germany
Contact:

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by Poptones » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:12 pm

I've uploaded a track that only features sounds I've done with the Sub 37 (27 tracks in total):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04tH1bGkSHc

or:
https://soundcloud.com/pauldither/again-and

The youtube file has a slightly better quality.
Beta Test Info:
macOS 10.12.6 | Ableton Live Suite 10 | plug-in format: AU | current Moog gear: MF-104M Analog Delay, Minitaur, Sub 37 Tribute Edition

MoogProg
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:09 am

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by MoogProg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:20 pm

Here's short piece I did this afternoon, using mostly Sub37, with a MicroBrute playing the step sequence and Dr. Synth on pads (with some help from EQD). Tracks were recorded live with the step-sequence as "click". Delays were manually synched, and printed to track.

https://soundcloud.com/michael-h-geimer/ambientone

monsterjazzlicks
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:28 pm

Hi folks,

A couple of Yamaha DX21 offerings here I conjured up over the weekend.

Normalized, Delay and Limiter added in Cubase Artist 8.

These two compositions/patches are with reference to Joe Zawinul and each lasting around 2 x min's each. Took a good few takes to get them anywhere near close because harmonically, both damn tunes modulate everywhere! lol :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fBz3mQD_Mc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZJLX6VXzCM

Thanks in advance for listening . . .

Best,

Paul

User avatar
DonutDude
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:21 am
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by DonutDude » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Thanks Paul.
Checked out your youtube channel - you've been really prolific these past few months with the songwriting. Lots of nice ideas/hooks.

monsterjazzlicks
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:32 pm

Cheers Donut,

DonutDude wrote:Checked out your youtube channel - you've been really prolific these past few months with the songwriting. Lots of nice ideas/hooks.

I appreciate you listening.

Some guys write pieces that go on for 45 x min's! I got a long way to go before I reach that level! lol Though these last two ("Zawi's") could be scored out for a band and have a SOLO SECTION added.

Ta,

Paul
Last edited by monsterjazzlicks on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
benulous
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:53 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by benulous » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:02 am

Hey Guys! I'm gonna throw my latest work into the fray. I've been playing synths, programming, playing bass and writing songs (with my singer/cowriter) in SlowEarth since 2001. We've released 6 albums and this latest one was an absolute bear. I actually worked on it for almost 5 years! It's a concept double-album that I wrote the whole framework for using:

Waldorf Microwave XT, Nord Lead 1 & 2, Moog Rogue, Ensoniq ASRX, Alesis ION, Ensoniq SQ1, Kurzweil K2000, Access Indigo 2, Shortwave Radio and various boxes, effects and soft synths. I write all my demo stuff on my home computer using Logic, then bounce down stems and bring them to our studio where we load them into Protools and further produce and track all the live instruments (bass, guitar, vocals).

Anyhow, ever since I heard The Wall when I was a kid, I've always wanted to make a sprawling electronic-rock hybrid concept album. So, I wrote a story about searching for connection and meaning in a world ruled by illusion. The first half is about chasing that illusion; the construct of the american dream... and the second half is about building a new construct based on making connections, love and trust...I think it's pretty neat. Maybe some of you guys will, too. After we finished this album several months ago, I sold off most of my gear (I was sick of it all) and started building my new rig for what my next project will be built upon. I started with getting a Dave Smith Tempest and this STUNNING All White Voyager XL along with an arsenal of moogerfoogers (Koma Elektronik BD101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104m, MF-108M....and my MF-105M is arriving TODAY to complete my collection!). The last thing I'm going to get is going to be the Soundcraft Signature MTK 12 when the damn thing is released...

Here is CONSTRUCT (free to stream):
https://slowearth.bandcamp.com/album/construct

I hope you enjoy! There's enough there, that I'm certain there'll be at least ONE thing any one of you may like. ;)

-Ben
-Ben
http://www.facebook.com/slowearth
http://www.slowearth.bandcamp.com
White Voyager XL, 2xM32s, Theremini, 7xMoogerfoogers, NordLead2, Access Indigo2, Eventide Space, Alesis Wedge
Bass Guitars (Moog Drive, FX25, SYB5, FX72, ODB3, Markbass Compressore)

User avatar
Kenneth
Posts: 731
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact:

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by Kenneth » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:55 pm

benulous wrote:Hey Guys! I'm gonna throw my latest work into the fray. I've been playing synths, programming, playing bass and writing songs (with my singer/cowriter) in SlowEarth since 2001. We've released 6 albums and this latest one was an absolute bear. I actually worked on it for almost 5 years! It's a concept double-album that I wrote the whole framework for using:

Waldorf Microwave XT, Nord Lead 1 & 2, Moog Rogue, Ensoniq ASRX, Alesis ION, Ensoniq SQ1, Kurzweil K2000, Access Indigo 2, Shortwave Radio and various boxes, effects and soft synths. I write all my demo stuff on my home computer using Logic, then bounce down stems and bring them to our studio where we load them into Protools and further produce and track all the live instruments (bass, guitar, vocals).

Anyhow, ever since I heard The Wall when I was a kid, I've always wanted to make a sprawling electronic-rock hybrid concept album. So, I wrote a story about searching for connection and meaning in a world ruled by illusion. The first half is about chasing that illusion; the construct of the american dream... and the second half is about building a new construct based on making connections, love and trust...I think it's pretty neat. Maybe some of you guys will, too. After we finished this album several months ago, I sold off most of my gear (I was sick of it all) and started building my new rig for what my next project will be built upon. I started with getting a Dave Smith Tempest and this STUNNING All White Voyager XL along with an arsenal of moogerfoogers (Koma Elektronik BD101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104m, MF-108M....and my MF-105M is arriving TODAY to complete my collection!). The last thing I'm going to get is going to be the Soundcraft Signature MTK 12 when the damn thing is released...

Here is CONSTRUCT (free to stream):
https://slowearth.bandcamp.com/album/construct
Hey benulous, welcome to the forum! I'm checking out your stuff right now, sounding really good so far. Thanks for sharing!

I hope you enjoy! There's enough there, that I'm certain there'll be at least ONE thing any one of you may like. ;)

-Ben
I don't own anything that would make you jealous.

User avatar
benulous
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:53 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by benulous » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:30 am

Thanks Kenneth! I'm one happy moogerfooger.
-Ben
http://www.facebook.com/slowearth
http://www.slowearth.bandcamp.com
White Voyager XL, 2xM32s, Theremini, 7xMoogerfoogers, NordLead2, Access Indigo2, Eventide Space, Alesis Wedge
Bass Guitars (Moog Drive, FX25, SYB5, FX72, ODB3, Markbass Compressore)

monsterjazzlicks
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:26 pm

Hey,

<"The Baby Cat!" (Seaman - 2015)>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhBMlox8zUg

You can't get a much more quasi-Corea-synth ending than as on this here CODA! :wink: lol

Same YAMAHA DX21 patch used in 3 x different ways . . .

Best,

Paul

namahshaman
Posts: 398
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:55 pm

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by namahshaman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:41 am

I shared the video of this on an individual thread, but this one seems to get more attention :oops: :lol:

So, here's the Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/namahshaman

And once again, the youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtz574YZyY8

I welcome all feedback :D Thanks.

User avatar
noddyspuncture
Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:57 pm

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by noddyspuncture » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:08 pm


mmarsh100
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by mmarsh100 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:05 pm

http://www.pantanosoftware.com/music/StormOverAnza.wav

Done with my MOTM modular about 112 years ago. Multitracked. Part of the CD "Absolute Truth" released under Cult of the Individual. Enjoy!

*EDIT* 112 years! Feels that way...

Post Reply