Share your synthesizer music!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Post Reply
Brian G
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:04 pm

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by Brian G » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:15 pm

https://soundcloud.com/brian-g206/sound ... ay-evening

Another fun evening with Animoog....really need to get back to the other synths :)

jamezdd73
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by jamezdd73 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:26 pm

This isn't entirely synthetic (I play in a band), but all the synths are either my Moog LP or my DSI Prophet 08. And all the delay effects on the synths are from the MF-104M.

https://soundcloud.com/a-sky-on-fire/shapeshifter

I hope you enjoy it! :D
Little Phatty Stage II #3602, MoogerFooger CP-251 #1785
MF-103 12 Stage Phaser #6093, MF-104m Analog Delay #0301
--
My band: www.facebook.com/InstantMorning


User avatar
stiiiiiiive
Posts: 2303
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:56 am

jamezdd73 wrote:This isn't entirely synthetic (I play in a band), but all the synths are either my Moog LP or my DSI Prophet 08. And all the delay effects on the synths are from the MF-104M.

https://soundcloud.com/a-sky-on-fire/shapeshifter

I hope you enjoy it! :D
It's fine to hear synths in a band context sometimes. I have nothing against experimental synth-only tracks and I myself practice that, but I'm primarily a rack band keyboardist.

I use the Little Phatty mainly as a bass synth in a band these days… more on this later :)

User avatar
Kenneth
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact:

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by Kenneth » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:28 am

stiiiiiiive wrote:
jamezdd73 wrote:This isn't entirely synthetic (I play in a band), but all the synths are either my Moog LP or my DSI Prophet 08. And all the delay effects on the synths are from the MF-104M.

https://soundcloud.com/a-sky-on-fire/shapeshifter

I hope you enjoy it! :D
It's fine to hear synths in a band context sometimes. I have nothing against experimental synth-only tracks and I myself practice that, but I'm primarily a rack band keyboardist.

I use the Little Phatty mainly as a bass synth in a band these days… more on this later :)
Jamez, this is fantastic! It reminds me of Incubus a little bit. That is a compliment. Also, I think Bob originally designed the Minimoog with rock bands in mind...
I don't own anything that would make you jealous.

Cpt Beardheart
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by Cpt Beardheart » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:45 pm

Liberal application of Voyager XL throughout. Enjoy!

http://akbarsblackeyes.bandcamp.com/

jamezdd73
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by jamezdd73 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:52 am

Kenneth wrote: Jamez, this is fantastic! It reminds me of Incubus a little bit. That is a compliment. Also, I think Bob originally designed the Minimoog with rock bands in mind...
Cheers Kenneth! I don't listen to much Incubus, I'll have to check it out! Thanks for listening!
Little Phatty Stage II #3602, MoogerFooger CP-251 #1785
MF-103 12 Stage Phaser #6093, MF-104m Analog Delay #0301
--
My band: www.facebook.com/InstantMorning

jamezdd73
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by jamezdd73 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:54 am

stiiiiiiive wrote: It's fine to hear synths in a band context sometimes. I have nothing against experimental synth-only tracks and I myself practice that, but I'm primarily a rack band keyboardist.

I use the Little Phatty mainly as a bass synth in a band these days… more on this later :)
Yeah, I wasn't sure given that the thread title referred to "synthesizer music", whether it meant purely electronic... I like to really mix up the electronics and live band stuff. It can make for some interesting results! I create purely synthetic music as more of a hobby for myself, although I haven't made any lately.
Little Phatty Stage II #3602, MoogerFooger CP-251 #1785
MF-103 12 Stage Phaser #6093, MF-104m Analog Delay #0301
--
My band: www.facebook.com/InstantMorning

User avatar
muksys
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:05 am
Contact:

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by muksys » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 am

Same boat as jamez (great song btw! The recording is crazy clear!) Our band released our first EP not too long ago. Think I posted it over in the Phatty section, but I'll post it here for more shameless plugging :D

Adirondac - Cyclic EP

It starts with Animoog. Lots of Little Phatty throughout.

Thanks for listening and keep the great posts coming!

User avatar
dswo
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 9:50 am
Location: East Carolina
Contact:

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by dswo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:07 pm

Imaginary Theme for a Hero Movie (Animoog)
https://soundcloud.com/dswo/new-year-anthem

Snow Canyon (Animoog)
https://soundcloud.com/dswo/snow-canyon

Pulling Away (Slim Phatty)
https://soundcloud.com/dswo/pulling-away-v2
David Wilson-Okamura

User avatar
Kenneth
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact:

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by Kenneth » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:50 am

jamezdd73 wrote:
stiiiiiiive wrote: It's fine to hear synths in a band context sometimes. I have nothing against experimental synth-only tracks and I myself practice that, but I'm primarily a rack band keyboardist.

I use the Little Phatty mainly as a bass synth in a band these days… more on this later :)
Yeah, I wasn't sure given that the thread title referred to "synthesizer music", whether it meant purely electronic... I like to really mix up the electronics and live band stuff. It can make for some interesting results! I create purely synthetic music as more of a hobby for myself, although I haven't made any lately.
When I created this thread, I never intended to exclude any one genre of music. The only requirement for posting here is that a synthesizer was used in the recording process. Other than that, nada. I love electronic music, and I love rock music. Something I'd love to see in this thread is more classical music recorded on synthesizers a'la "Switched On Bach".
I don't own anything that would make you jealous.

aen
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:22 pm

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by aen » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:45 am

I finally uploaded a bunch of music!

http://aenmusic.bandcamp.com/album/abaddon
"Titans" has like 6 tracks of the Minibrute
The Granulator songs have a "Moog gang" of Little PHatty and Minitaur, linked via midi and improvised over the atmospheric guitars.

The "Head Of The Demon" album is allll about that Moog gang. Except this time I had a bunch of effects pedals in the chain. I ended up with 5 inputs, via the mysteries of stereo reverb pedals and effects loops. The beats are Minitaur drums!
http://aenmusic.bandcamp.com/album/head-of-the-demon

User avatar
Niko
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:37 am
Location: Seefeld or Offenbach
Contact:

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by Niko » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:04 am

hello collegues,

here is a link to one of our music, recorded without any overdubs during a session together with Chris, Matthias and myself last year in the Awhithershadeinpaehlstudio in Paehl, Near Ammersee, Bavaria, Germany.

https://soundcloud.com/#niko-von-fazit

if this link is broken, I've got some success with googling " Niko von Fazit ". Then select Niko Von Fazit's sounds on SoundCloud.



have fun and

all the best ragards:

Niko
Last edited by Niko on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

Where is the tutti button on this instrument? ...

User avatar
stiiiiiiive
Posts: 2303
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:57 am

Niko, your link is broken.

Aen, that Demon album isreally cool. Very nice textures, excellent tension. Liked it very much. It deserves some video works. Bravo!

User avatar
muksys
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:05 am
Contact:

Re: Share your synthesizer music!

Post by muksys » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:06 pm

Aen, yeah, I hear me some EHX Cathedral in "Swords"! Love that pedal. Used the same effect for this song. Good stuff, as stiiiiive said, dig the textures.

Post Reply