new editor

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
sunny pedaal

new editor

Post by sunny pedaal » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:43 pm

hallo,
i tried to find and answer, but couldn't find it yet:
has there been some form of discount arranged for people with an registered editor for the voyager, who want to upgrade to the new vst version of the editor ?

next question i have is: as the t3 can be steered by the voyager, is it a big job to adapt the editor of the voyager for working with the t3 ? ( in effect by changing / deleting some of the names of the knobs in the editorscreen... )

acatcalledanarchy

Re: new editor

Post by acatcalledanarchy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:14 pm

I would suggest sending a polite email to Soundtower requesting a discount. :mrgreen:

Peace, love and flowers,
A Cat Called Anarchy

Voyager Select Series Whitewash Electric Blue, Little Phatty Stage II, Minitaur

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:07 pm

i just did.
thanks

tommyecho

Post by tommyecho » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Hey guys,

Here's what I just wrote to sound tower. I hate to be a squeeky wheel, but they are really annoying me. The voyager editor librarian is VERY glitchy, and the prophet 08 program is even worse. I tried out the plugin version of the voyager editor, and it seems they have finally made something that works. Anyway, here's what I wrote. Let me know if you think I'm being too hard on them :D :

Hello,

I am an owner of both the Voyager editor librarian, and the prophet editor librarian. Both of which have not been of very much use to me because of the fact that they don't receive changes to front panel of the hardware well, among other glitches. I have demo'd the new voyager plugin, and it works fine, much in the way that I would have expected my editor librarians to work. I find it very strange that there is not at least a discount available for the plugin versions for people who have purchased the standalone version. Upon searching forums to see if other people are in the same boat as me, it seems that everyone is in agreement that the editor does not work properly. Regardless of whether the plugin version was built new and separate from the editor, I think we are all expecting to have some kind of upgrade path from the editor to the plugin, if not because this is the way that software normally works, then at least as an apology for the editor being so glitchy. It seems that soundtower has decided to rebuild this software from scratch, possibly because the original software was too problematic. I don't think that your customers should have to pay for this decision on your part. When I bought the librarian editors, I assumed that, once you guys ended up making it work as a plugin, it would be a simple software update. I never would have bought the software otherwise.

If a discount is not available, would it be possible for you to deactivate the registration for my copies of the editors and transfer this registration to the plugins? I think this would be completely reasonable.

Thanks for your time,
THE GOLDEN MINIMOOG VOYAGER #31

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:05 pm

you have a point
+1

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:41 am

more than one week, no reply at all yet.....
:?:

cliffman

Post by cliffman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:17 pm

Soundtower has always been non-responsive. Try sending in a support request - there's a form on their webpage. That at least got me a response, however non-useful.

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:37 am

i'll try it,
on the other hand i also feel moog does have a saying in it anyway: everytime i try to get thru i somehow end up on a moog based site explaining me how to obtain/ buy the "new" editor.
so if ties are so close....
i don't expect too much, but it somehow doesn't feel all comfortable

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Like most other companies, Moog hires SoundTower to build their editor. If you are having a problem with the SoundTower editor as many of us here have (both with Moog editors and other keyboard editors) then the best thing to do is to write to SoundTower. If they do not respond, or do not take responsibility in a way that seems honest and straightforward, then we all owe it to the rest of the world to come on to forums like this and (as politely as possible) call it like it is. If other companies who are looking to hire someone to create an editor for them see enough dissatisfaction (in forums like this) with both the software products AND the lack of support/transparency/responsibility then perhaps they will think twice about hiring such a company. In this way, we all win in the long run.

To SoundTower in particular:

Please respond to the complaints that you've been receiving about how your software products are not working in the way they are advertised to work. Please either fix the products in a timely manner or offer refunds/upgrades to the folks who have trusted you with their money to produce a quality, if not working, product. Lack of communication is the worst way to go about this. Lack of responsiveness to the complaints with actual fixes and/or refunds is the second worst way. Please do what you can to engender our trust in your company.

With respect and hope,

Stephen