Drums & Oscillators

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Rabalder

Drums & Oscillators

Post by Rabalder » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:20 pm

3 outtakes from a 60 minute performance.. http://www.soundcloud.com/henry-kling/

All improvised. All analog. But mostly just crazy...

EricK

Re: Drums & Oscillators

Post by EricK » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:32 pm

I really like this. Especially the first one. Number 2 reminds me of some primus. All three were great.

Once I finally consolidate my studio, Id love to accompany a program with my drums which is why Id like to be heavy on the sequencers when my modular is done. Some footswitches near the bass and hi hat pedals will do the trick nicely. There was a cat who had rigged his trapset up to his doepfer modular on youtube, and I dug that also.

Very nice work.

E
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:29 pm

Great tracks!! Very good material... what did you use?
You're a great drummer too!

I'm happy I've heard these tracks. Keep up with this work!
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks guys. Appreciate it:) It's great fun!! Primus is one of the favorites, cool you should mention it..

I use 2 phatties + 102,104,107,108 and an insane amount of midi programming to make the whole thing work. Glad thats done.. No more programming, only playing :mrgreen:

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Man, this is really something. I'd love to hear you score a movie. This is the kind of stuff that I'm just really into lately, all that chaotic synth noise with a live kit holding it down. Reminds me of the Chemical Brothers in a way. Check out their soundtrack to the film Hannah. You're an amazing drummer, by the way. Keep doing what you're doing!
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

fuzulu

Post by fuzulu » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:38 pm

oh my god , thanks to the topic name and comments from the other guys I was drawn in and my my , this is really nice , just heard the first track , the bass sounds from the synths towards the second half are reaaaallly nice man very groovy !! :D

love it man , please share some more insight on how u programmed this stuff :)

tommyecho

Post by tommyecho » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:39 pm

yes more info on all that midi programming would be really great! Free improv.1 is really cool! I'd love to see it live!
THE GOLDEN MINIMOOG VOYAGER #31

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:54 pm

You're all way too kind.. Thanks a lot!!

The programming is mostly communication between software(live+bomes) and hardware, visual feedback(midi controllers) and signal-routing. Not over-complicated, just very specialized..
There is no "musical midi programming".. All aspects of the music is improvised on the spot.