Google Doodle Honors the Father of the Modern Synthesizer –

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

Re: Google Doodle Honors the Father of the Modern Synthesize

Post by EricK » Wed May 23, 2012 5:39 pm

The legend about those armonicas is that they make you insane. There was this famous blower Gerhard Finkenbeiner, disappeared in his plane in 1999 and it was never recovered.

Are you really going to get one made? They were super expensive last time I checked. When I ckecked them out 10 years ago, they cost 3K just to MAKE, then they usually sold for 7-10k.

Keep me posted.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

unfiltered37

Post by unfiltered37 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:28 pm

I have always wanted one. I saw a documentary once about it, and the glass company who blows them is right here in Oakland, CA. So once I get the cash, I am going to try and get one blown, ideally with different colored glass for each bowl. The rest (woodwork, loom) should be pretty easy to construct. I want to go insane!

filtered

Post by filtered » Wed May 23, 2012 7:56 pm

my favorite aspect of the day is the overload of folks that know me/barely know me sending me texts/emailing/fbooking/phone calls about the crazy Goog and how they first thought of me! to be so associated with such a thing as a Moog makes my soul swell!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:18 pm

I've been pelted with FB messages, messages from toysoldiersunite.com, even messages from my family! The consensus is this: "Is this how your synthesizer works?" :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.