Question for Moog owners.

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Kenneth

Re: Question for Moog owners.

Post by Kenneth » Sat May 12, 2012 8:38 am

Voltor07 wrote:
filtered wrote:well the Moog forum will be eagerly awaiting your return, haha! seriously, these guys get excited on new purchases/puchasers, as you have seen from the past 4 pages... when I say "nerd alert", I mean it in the most positive way... :wink:
I have a Moog pocket protector, and WEAR IT IN PUBLIC! I'm not a nerd, I'm a geek! :evil:
Voltor, I fel like i we lived in the same city, we would hang out.
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

muksys

Post by muksys » Sat May 12, 2012 10:53 am

Kenneth wrote:
Voltor07 wrote:
filtered wrote:well the Moog forum will be eagerly awaiting your return, haha! seriously, these guys get excited on new purchases/puchasers, as you have seen from the past 4 pages... when I say "nerd alert", I mean it in the most positive way... :wink:
I have a Moog pocket protector, and WEAR IT IN PUBLIC! I'm not a nerd, I'm a geek! :evil:
Voltor, I fel like i we lived in the same city, we would hang out.
mygeekisshowing

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat May 12, 2012 1:11 pm

I need a new pocket protector, as mine is looking ratty, but I still indeed use it. I keep five pens in it at all times. And I wear it to work, along with my awesome sunglasses. http://voltor07.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2t2je3 Kenneth, I would totally hang out with you if I was in MN. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

filtered

Post by filtered » Sun May 13, 2012 8:43 pm

love them sunglasses! please tell me you've played that LP with those on somewhere! if you haven't, go to your favorite hipster cafe and offer a free Moog performance! yeah, I think if we all lived in the same town, there'd be great Moogy dent in its music scene!

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Sun May 13, 2012 9:11 pm

filtered wrote: yeah, I think if we all lived in the same town, there'd be great Moogy dent in its music scene!
I propose we build a new city. A city of our own. A city where people like ourselves are not tossed by the wayside! A city where synthesists rule and guitarists must work for their glory! What say you?
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

Box

Post by Box » Sun May 13, 2012 11:11 pm

Kenneth wrote:
filtered wrote: yeah, I think if we all lived in the same town, there'd be great Moogy dent in its music scene!
I propose we build a new city. A city of our own. A city where people like ourselves are not tossed by the wayside! A city where synthesists rule and guitarists must work for their glory! What say you?
You sir, are a beautiful visionary.

Any who I be back. I have the Moog 75th birthday limited tee, I had to have it. Bob Moog is certainly one of my inspirations. Just need the gear to go with it. Did put more thought into it. If I can find the Voyager OS for a fair price will go with one of those, otherwise will go with the Voyager Performer. Really had considered the Little Phatty and CP-251, but I really want something with complete hands on control for once. I deserve to be spoiled. :P One thing I saw on the Voyager that bothered me though, can only set PWM to all oscillators or none. Is there something I'm overlooking? Kind of a let down if not, guess will have to learn to get over it.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon May 14, 2012 12:18 am

You can do PWM on 1 osc with another osc or manually by turning the pot.

It's not really that much of a limitation.

Something you might want to consider also, the type of control you are talking about above, you can really do with a modular synth. If you want real hands on control, thats the best way to go.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Box

Post by Box » Mon May 14, 2012 1:04 am

Ah, that's good to know about using one osc to do pwm on another. Modular would be nice... Totally forgot about that, being so caught up with going Moog. Dot Com modular comes to mind. MacBeth and Doepfer as well.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:31 am

filtered wrote:love them sunglasses! please tell me you've played that LP with those on somewhere! if you haven't, go to your favorite hipster cafe and offer a free Moog performance! yeah, I think if we all lived in the same town, there'd be great Moogy dent in its music scene!
I've played the Taurus with them in a YouTube video...Human Controlled Voltage, it's called. I don't have time to gig...
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:32 am

Box wrote:Ah, that's good to know about using one osc to do pwm on another. Modular would be nice... Totally forgot about that, being so caught up with going Moog. Dot Com modular comes to mind. MacBeth and Doepfer as well.
Building a dot com as we speak. It's going to be awesome. :mrgreen:

Box

Post by Box » Mon May 14, 2012 2:01 am

Saw can get a Ladder filter based on the original Moog design from the Dot Com system... Will have to look into this more...

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon May 14, 2012 3:11 am

Box wrote:Saw can get a Ladder filter based on the original Moog design from the Dot Com system... Will have to look into this more...
From what I gather, it's the closest thing to a Moog filter you can get without getting a Moog filter. This is from accomplished synthesists, not from my own experiences.

Box

Post by Box » Mon May 14, 2012 3:42 am

Was reading that. One had said something about the only real difference is that the Dot Com filter sounded "cleaner" than the original. Could get the Studio 22 with a ladder filter added for under $3,000. If only could afford the Studio 110. One of these days...

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:08 am

Box wrote:Was reading that. One had said something about the only real difference is that the Dot Com filter sounded "cleaner" than the original. Could get the Studio 22 with a ladder filter added for under $3,000. If only could afford the Studio 110. One of these days...
I would love 5 or 6 110's...for polyphony! :lol:

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Mon May 14, 2012 7:40 am

i've had two switches installed, to switch of pwm on osc2 and/or three when needed.