Moog - a word from outer space?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
moognase

Moog - a word from outer space?

Post by moognase » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Just for fun, I shlepped myself through this fun "IQ test" and got this question:

NASA received three messages in a strange language from a distant planet. Scientists studied these messages and found that "Floos Beiling Hoomp" means "We come in peace" and "Moog Naline Floos" means "Peace, Love, and Freedom " and "Beiling Boog Vladi" means "In the last hour". What does "Hoomp" mean?

I did find out what "Hoomp" means (but I'm not spoiling it for you). So Moog is an alien word! Who'd have thought?

Source: http://www.funeducation.com (links to a page full of quizzes and stuff. No spam. No need to click it.)

(Disappointingly, I scored in the average range despite the fact that I can decipher Alien Language and know how to pronounce 'Moog'. *snif*)

:(

Voltor07

Re: Moog - a word from outer space?

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Moog means "peace", then? Cool! :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Look up what Moog Inc is all about and there might be something noteworthy about that....

I'll save you the fuss...

Rocket panels, for starters.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:42 pm

EricK wrote:Look up what Moog Inc is all about and there might be something noteworthy about that....

I'll save you the fuss...

Rocket panels, for starters.
http://www.moog.com/products/air-moving ... ers/amp28/

Voltage controlled fans! :D

Also, "In the fall of 1997, Bill Moog passed away. In a tribute to Bill shortly after his death, Bob Brady, Chairman and CEO, had this to say about our Company:

"Every day an extraordinary group of people come together to devote their time and energy to build the best product of its type built anywhere in the world...and to deliver that product to the most demanding customers in the world.

"Those customers can be assured that the product bearing Bill's name is the best product that mankind can make...and it will be better next month, and better next year. This is our lasting tribute to Bill."

We think that says it all."

The two companies seeem to have the same idea, no?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:25 pm

As for the "I.Q." test, I'm only glad I got the right answer to question number 38 !

For the rest, I'm dumber than a senile old fool... :lol:

Just joking.

Here's one for ya: If a score of 142+ is considered genius, and 40 points below genius is considered average. Then my score must be 102, true or false ? :wink:
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:37 pm

true? :)

edit: I scored 135. :D
Last edited by Voltor07 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Voltor07 wrote:true? :)
You had a hint with the second sentence in my previous comment... The answer will be revealed a little later... I'm curious to see other replies... :wink:

EDIT: well, since there aren't any other replies, here's the answer: false. I scored 105. The average score for men between the ages of 76 and 100 is...106. I told you I was dumber than a senile old fool!
And to think, I'm only 46 ! :shock: :lol:
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Voltor07 wrote:Moog means "peace", then? Cool! :D
From someone who scored 135, I would have expected better :wink: :lol: . Since Floos actually means Peace, then Moog could only mean either Love or Freedom (which is great either way). :D

So, I'm saying this: I Moog my minimoog, and I've been playing it Beiling Boog Vladi. Floos to you all.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:32 pm

I got that one right, actually. I had to read the question more carefully when taking the actual test. :wink: