Who has found themselves on MatrixSynth or synthtopia?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Voltor07

Who has found themselves on MatrixSynth or synthtopia?

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:21 am

Just curious to see how many of you have found themselves on MatrixSynth or synthtopia. I'm not sure how many times my videos and pics have ended up there, but just putting "Voltor07" in the Bing search bar, I've come across three links to myself on MatrixSynth. I'm also linked to synthtopia via my Human Controlled Voltage YouTube vid. :lol:

Please tell me I'm not the only one...I know Matrix steals lots of content, so that doesn't bother me. The video I put up yesterday is already on Matrix synth. :shock:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Portamental

Re: Who has found themselves on MatrixSynth or synthtopia?

Post by Portamental » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:52 am

That's because you're a star !!! :mrgreen:

PHC

Post by PHC » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:34 am

I wouldn't call it 'stealing'. Actually the "matrix" guy a is very nice person and does a great job of finding great synth stuff around the web and posting it, so there's always something interesting to see. I look at matrixsynth as a "friend who comes over and saiz: look what a cool synth video I've found".

As for Your question Voltor, a few of my videos and tutorials are on matrixsynth and I'm grateful for that, great way of letting other synth enthusiasts know what I'm up to.

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:22 am

I just LOVE what MatrixSynth and synthtopia are doing. I visit their sites through out the day for my synth fix. Whenever I find my images on those sites I think of it as a honor.
May peace be your guide

muksys

Post by muksys » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:53 am

Steve wrote:I just LOVE what MatrixSynth and synthtopia are doing. I visit their sites through out the day for my synth fix. Whenever I find my images on those sites I think of it as a honor.
true dat! Found some of my stuff up on Matrix and Synthopia that I wasn't aware of. Warm & fuzzy :D :D

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:11 pm

Cool...at least I'm not the only forum member on there. I remember Kevin Lightner complaining endlessly about Matrix putting images of stuff from Kevin's website(?) and then ignoring Kevin's requests to have said images removed. Glad to know I'm not the only one who accepts the attention. :)
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

MC

Post by MC » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:24 pm

My stuff wound up on Matrix and Wikipedia.

Matrix sought my permission to use the pic of the Polymoog coffeetable and I granted it.

My RA Minimoog showed up on Wikipedia via someone else's photo from an AHMW visit.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Christopher Winkels

Post by Christopher Winkels » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Matrixsynth kindly put up a link to the website detailing the modular cabinets I manufacture and sell, but sadly none of my videos have appeared there.

Then again if you saw my videos you'd probably understand why. :lol:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Christopher Winkels wrote:Matrixsynth kindly put up a link to the website detailing the modular cabinets I manufacture and sell, but sadly none of my videos have appeared there.

Then again if you saw my videos you'd probably understand why. :lol:
Just visited your website (from the link in your profile). Very cool! Do you have various sizes/models available, or is it just the $96 cabinet that's available?

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Christopher Winkels wrote:Matrixsynth kindly put up a link to the website detailing the modular cabinets I manufacture and sell, but sadly none of my videos have appeared there.
Aren't those videos from you on there ?
http://m.matrixsynth.com/2011/11/rainy- ... et-me.html

Granted it dates back a little, and they were published on YouTube first, but still...
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Some pics from a project I had done (expansion box for my small modular that included 3 multiples and 4 attenuators) had been picked-up by Matrix.

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2010/08/exp1-d ... r-mfb.html

The actual finished product was slightly better looking than this...
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:54 pm

thealien666 wrote:Some pics from a project I had done (expansion box for my small modular that included 3 multiples and 4 attenuators) had been picked-up by Matrix.

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2010/08/exp1-d ... r-mfb.html

The actual finished product was slightly better looking than this...
I love Matrixsynth! So many cool synth projects in one place! :mrgreen:

EDIT- I found three comments on my vid at synthtopia. Here they are:@stretta on November 5, 2010 at 11:24 am said:
How long until someone connects this to The Mouth?

synthhead on November 5, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:
Makes you wonder what happened to the synth you bought on eBay before you bought it.

FreakWithoutACause on November 7, 2010 at 8:35 pm said:
I can master this since I'm a cunninglinguist. (OK, who didn't see that joke coming, really?) :lol:

museslave

Post by museslave » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:19 pm

matrixsynth and Synthtopia are glutted with me, and I am indebted to both of them!
www.youtube.com/user/automaticgainsay
www.myspace.com/automaticgainsay2
www.myspace.com/godfreyscordialmusic

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Voltor07 wrote:Just curious to see how many of you have found themselves on MatrixSynth or synthtopia.
My YouTube gear demo videos always show up first on MatrixSynth and Synthtopia, but
I don't mind as I don't have my own personal website. I could see how other video
creators might feel differently.

Every now and then I'll find a video reposted in some bizarre place. My Cluster Flux
demo was on a Russian site dedicated to "best women's breast pictures collection".

Maybe they were inferring that I got the moobs like Jabba,
(I got the moo oo oo oo oo oobs like Jabba). :)
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:23 pm

My cheesy DoubleDeka demos showed up on Matrix within 2 days of posting them online
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."