Post your latest purchase!!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Flareless

Re: Post your latest purchase!!

Post by Flareless » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:39 pm

Slim Phatty # 2 is here. 2 more on their way. Holy crap is polychaining incredible. Oh, and the sound of the Slim Phattys BLOWS AWAY the sound of my Sub 37

Got a Slim for sale? PM me.
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:39 am

Very cool! Except . . .you've got me gassing for a Slim Phatty! :wink:
Flareless wrote:Slim Phatty # 2 is here. 2 more on their way. Holy crap is polychaining incredible. Oh, and the sound of the Slim Phattys BLOWS AWAY the sound of my Sub 37

Got a Slim for sale? PM me.
John L Rice
MiniMoog, MinitMoog, MG-1, Sub Phatty, 5U modulars, Eurorack modulars

Kirneh Ness

Post by Kirneh Ness » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:24 pm

Flareless wrote:Slim Phatty # 2 is here. 2 more on their way. Holy crap is polychaining incredible. Oh, and the sound of the Slim Phattys BLOWS AWAY the sound of my Sub 37
Why were they so quickly discontinued? I would love just having one. It seems as a nice companion to a Minitaur.
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 pm

I'm not sure why they were discontinued. Likely to make room in the lineup for their new Sub series.

#4 arrived today...

You can read in detail what's going on with them in this thread at Muff Wiggler
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

kn_s

Post by kn_s » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:23 pm

Picked both up used from reverb for $135 together! ... this thing is crazy with guitar esp w/ ebow, have yet to try with my synths...edit tried w/ m32 a bit redundant but still some neat stuff... off for many more hours of experimenting!!!!
Attachments
07F4AB21-E309-442F-9901-CE556CF3EC28.jpeg
LP solar, minitaur, m32, werkstatt, 101/102/103/104m/105m/107/108m,cp-251,mf delay v1&2+drivev2, microkorg, monologue, volcas, monotribe & trons, sq-1, too many pedals!, guitars, '07 imac (10.11.6), simmons sds7, & now eurocrack, etc...

Chimponaut

Post by Chimponaut » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:31 pm

I bought the smallest Minimoog...The SE-02. Couldn't resist. It is all midi controlled so I don't even have to touch those tiny knobs. Love the sound and it is my first SE-Electronics piece.
Attachments
SE-02 & Minitaur.jpg
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:01 pm

I've just offered myself those little boys:

... and I'm waiting for a Fender Mustang bass '66 MIJ reissue!

Just sold an Opus 3 and a Deucetone and some others are on their way out.

GregAE

Latest purchase: Arturia MatrixBrute

Post by GregAE » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Just arrived! Gonna get lost in the Matrix:
DSC_0331_Flash7x5_150.png

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:24 am

I recently traded my Sub 37 for this Prophet 08.

Unfortunately I managed to Brick the damn thing within 24 hours of getting it. It's back from DSI now and sounds magnificent.

I replaced the Sub 37 with Phatt Bastard; a polychain of 5 Slim Phattys plus a Little Phatty Stage II. Wow! Talk about big sound.

Rich

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:24 pm

Wow :)

Did-you part with the Sub37 because you liked the sound less than the LP's, or is the LP the winner because of the polychaining?

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:36 pm

stiiiiiiive wrote:Wow :)

Did-you part with the Sub37 because you liked the sound less than the LP's, or is the LP the winner because of the polychaining?
Both. Originally I was going to control the chain with my Sub 37. Having one of the voices be way different than the others was not really convenient and the patches couldn't be shared. Further, although this is something I read and have not personally tested, the Sub 37 uses some different MIDI CCs than the Phattys (again, not personally confirmed) so fully controlling the rack wouldn't be as simple as using a Little Phatty for the task.

Finally, yeah... the Phattys, in my opinion, do sound better. The Sub 37 is WAY more versatile but there's something I really dig about Phattys. Chained together they really sound massive. Right now I'm still only using presets from the libraries I've got but my plan is to make some poly-specific patches including panning placement of the voices. Don't know if it's possible but that's why all these knobs are here to tweak.

The next step is to take it to 8 voices. After that I'll need a bigger rack.
Rich

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Flareless wrote:Finally, yeah... the Phattys, in my opinion, do sound better. The Sub 37 is WAY more versatile but there's something I really dig about Phattys.
Yep, fell the same. Was pretty excited when I saw the Sub Phatty release note. I've been playing it weekly for a while now and find the LP more... animal.
Then again with the Sub37 panel picture unveiled, veryvery excited. It has many functionalities the LP hasn't but I know I don't like the sound as much.

I play rock'n'roll and the Little Phatty is full of it! :)

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:13 am

I traded my Moog Sub 37 for a DSI Prophet 08!

Since the release of the Subsequent line there has been a rush of folks dumping their Sub 37s. The prices are going down weekly. The timing for this trade couldn't have been better. The Prophet sounds absolutely spectacular.

I also added a Little Phatty to control the Phatt Bastard polychain I've been building

You can read more about Phatt Bastard at this link.
Rich

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:26 am

Yep, you showed this already, lucky man :)

I've read your blog post (thanks for sharing!) and left a piece of advice as a comment.