Post your latest purchase!!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
muksys

Re: Post your latest purchase!!

Post by muksys » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:28 am

@ EMWhite, verynice! Got the 2044 board and the chip waiting patiently for me to order the rest of the parts. btw, good to see some people here showing up on the MI forum! I go by qp over there.

J C Selector

Post by J C Selector » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:23 am

I just built the Shruthi -1 on Saturday, really cool sounding box !
Next step is to try all the mods.

americankiwi

Post by americankiwi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi all again..a few weeks ago i posted some photos of my 2 MiniMoog D's i had just purchased/traded,....so i guess i have a nice set of double D's?...lol...as stated they were both in a sad state...I almost saved them from the trash pile!..their original owner had them in storage for over 30 yrs...getting beaten to bits (im trying to find out if they did any professional work)...im their 3rd owner now...anyways..i had got #4714 up and playing again...now i have started to rebuild #5372 , this was/is the worse of the two, the wood case was in a real bad way...broken, chipped and split panels, so i replaced the broken parts...can you see what was replaced?......did they make Oak cases?...as these are both in Oak!...i heard MOOG used walnut.......i still need to do a top coat of polyurethane on it x2 coats...as this is just the stain applied...i like to do mine in a satin finish...and then go over it with a "0000" steelwool and clear wax, a before and after shot of the #2 case , next is to start ordering internal parts for it..as i had to steal some for #4714...just small stuff....like white keys and bus-bar springs....the glide pot had gone bad= seized..but i was able to open it up and lub it...i thought it was a goner... im going to replace the faceplate and badges on this one..they are too messed up to bother with , badly heat worped!... Image Image Image

xombiexplox

Post by xombiexplox » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:08 pm

I haven't been on here in a WHILE! Cool seeing this thread still going.

I just recently got some gifts for my NEW husband (it appears the cool thing to do this summer was take a break from these forums and get hitched, ya muksys?) right before we get pushed off to Hawaii:

Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Custom in Cherry Sunburst
Orange Dual Terror head
Orange PPC112 cab
Boss TU-3 tuner

Apogee Duet 2

EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker

MXR Carbon Copy

It's been an expensive few weeks!
GEAR: Slingshot, yo-yo, baseball cap, heaphones, gummi wormz

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 pm

xombiexplox wrote:I haven't been on here in a WHILE! Cool seeing this thread still going.

I just recently got some gifts for my NEW husband (it appears the cool thing to do this summer was take a break from these forums and get hitched, ya muksys?) right before we get pushed off to Hawaii:

Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Custom in Cherry Sunburst
Orange Dual Terror head
Orange PPC112 cab
Boss TU-3 tuner

Apogee Duet 2

EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker

MXR Carbon Copy

It's been an expensive few weeks!
I hope your first child is a drummer! That way, you could start your own band! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

xombiexplox

Post by xombiexplox » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Voltor07 wrote:I hope your first child is a drummer! That way, you could start your own band! :mrgreen:
Hahahah thanks Voltor! The ol' man has some drumming experience and I want to learn, so the next purchase might be a nice kit!
GEAR: Slingshot, yo-yo, baseball cap, heaphones, gummi wormz

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:18 pm

xombiexplox wrote: Hahahah thanks Voltor! The ol' man has some drumming experience and I want to learn, so the next purchase might be a nice kit!
Might I recommend a Simmons SDS-5? :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Just picked up one of these MF-102 Ring Modulators today. I'm also waiting on an order for a MF-104m Analog Delay, which ironically is delayed another month apparently (but ohwell - the shipping delay allowed me to wedge in this MF-102 purchase while I wait!).

I should really get around to uploading some pics of my (now running smoothly) 3-phatty poly chain with custom CV patchbay and dual CP-251's.. I can't wait to patch these new Moogerfoogers in! :mrgreen:

Regards,
David Smyth
NZ
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:04 am

David Smyth wrote: Just picked up one of these MF-102 Ring Modulators today. I'm also waiting on an order for a MF-104m Analog Delay, which ironically is delayed another month apparently (but ohwell - the shipping delay allowed me to wedge in this MF-102 purchase while I wait!).

I should really get around to uploading some pics of my (now running smoothly) 3-phatty poly chain with custom CV patchbay and dual CP-251's.. I can't wait to patch these new Moogerfoogers in! :mrgreen:

Regards,
David Smyth
NZ
I love my 102. My guess is, you'll love yours! :mrgreen:

muksys

Post by muksys » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:40 pm

xombiexplox wrote:it appears the cool thing to do this summer was take a break from these forums and get hitched, ya muksys?
Well, at least the cool people on the forum :lol:

Thats one hell of a present package! Can I give you my wifes number so you can clue her in!

On a side note. That Prodigy I bought, found out it was one of the first 200 to roll of the line. BUT, the very early models had a ton of tuning issues. Deltronics has had it now for 5 WEEKS! I had it for 3 days before taking it to them. I'm friggin dyin' here!

muksys

Post by muksys » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:47 pm

oh yeah, and I got one of these a couple weeks ago:

the "under-the-hood" features are great.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Wurlitzer 200a

Voyager add-on

Version II Small Stone (pot date 1977) and the only Buchla I can afford

I thought I was going to have a Rhodes 1980 Mark II Suitcase 73 to add to the list, but I got screwed out of that. I managed to get the Wurlitzer for DIRT CHEAP though.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:42 am

Well, it's more of an acquisition or gift, if anything...but it is my latest piece of gear. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5mp_U3Y ... e=youtu.be It's all 100% analog, and it's a chorus box made from the chorus section of an RS-101 from Kevin Lightner. :mrgreen:

EricK, your stuff looks GREAT! :D

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:40 am

EricK wrote:Wurlitzer 200a

I managed to get the Wurlitzer for DIRT CHEAP though.
Eric
GREAT!!!! :D

filtered

Post by filtered » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:50 pm

lovely Wurly Eric! I use mine alot, sounds GREAT with the Voyager! and when those metal reeds go on you, replacements are easily obtainable, as well as anything else you'll need to keep it up!