Post your latest purchase!!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
xombiexplox

Post your latest purchase!!

Post by xombiexplox » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:27 pm

I love these kinds of threads, what is the most recent thing you've purchased?

I'll start:

Now, all I need is a MIDI keyboard -______-
GEAR: Slingshot, yo-yo, baseball cap, heaphones, gummi wormz

Voltor07

Re: Post your latest purchase!!

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:34 pm

http://www.bing.com/shopping/mk50-keybo ... &FORM=HURE

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... er=245-042

My latest purchases. :mrgreen:

and my future purchases, not saying which modules, other than 3 Q106's

www.synthesizers.com
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

xombiexplox

Post by xombiexplox » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:02 pm

Voltor07 wrote:.....and my future purchases, not saying which modules, other than 3 Q106's

http://www.synthesizers.com
Oh my goodness. In all my years of romping around the internets, I tend to avoid websites with overly simple domain names (ex. like www.pizza.com if I'm hungry), but this site is amazing! Time to start saving :3

Omaroo

Post by Omaroo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:15 pm

Welcome to the forum :)

My most recent:

This week - a set of Eventide effects processors - the TimeFactor (digital delay), PitchFactor (harmoniser) and Space (reverb). I was going to go with all-Moogerfooger CV effects, but until the product lines stabilise (MF-104 replacement? MP-201 replacement?) I'll hang back a few months. I love Eventide effects (always have in relation to guitar) so these are fine additions to the stable. The 'Foogers will come later - I already have the VX-351 CV extension for the thing I bought week before last....

Last-last week-

I'm a bit of a pig in poo at the moment :)
Last edited by Omaroo on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sub 37 Tribute, Waldorf Blofeld, MF-104M SD, Axiom 25, UMX-610, Propellerhead Balance, Truth B1030A mons, MacBook Pro i7, Live 9, Logic 10, Animoog.

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:31 pm

And to go in the rack above my Phatty chain:

2 x (had one already though):

Here is a pic of where they will go above the Phatty chain:

Regards,
David Smyth
NZ
Last edited by David Smyth on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:31 pm

My three three purchases: some new, some not so new... Actually, one is probably older than you Xombiexplox ! :lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47250566@N ... /lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47250566@N ... /lightbox/
Last edited by thealien666 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:32 pm

xombiexplox wrote:What is the most recent thing you've purchased?
I've been wanting one of these for a really long time,
and finally got one at NAMM:

http://log-jam.co.uk/

It's basically a chunk of wood with a transducer inside.
Plug it in to an amp and you've got a pretty convincing
kick drum that responds to various performance
techniques as well as different shoe types.

The bottom line is that it's a riot to stomp along with
guitar, bass, or keys. It changes "just playing your
instrument" into a performance that people will
stop and watch.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

xombiexplox

Post by xombiexplox » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:36 pm

David Smyth wrote:2 x (had one already though):
I've googled those things over and over, and I still don't quite understand their purpose. I understand they manipulate sounds somehow, but what sort of things will you use them for? :O

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:37 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:I've been wanting one of these for a really long time,
and finally got one at NAMM:

http://log-jam.co.uk/

It's basically a chunk of wood with a transducer inside.
Plug it in to an amp and you've got a pretty convincing
kick drum that responds to various performance
techniques as well as different shoe types.

The bottom line is that it's a riot to stomp along with
guitar, bass, or keys. It changes "just playing your
instrument" into a performance that people will
stop and watch.
Curse you, Dan! Once again you've brought up something completely pointless, and made it look like something I want. :shock:

edit: Now, if only someone would do this with sheet metal, Jack White could BE the White Stripes. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:42 pm

xombiexplox wrote:
David Smyth wrote:2 x (had one already though):
I've googled those things over and over, and I still don't quite understand their purpose. I understand they manipulate sounds somehow, but what sort of things will you use them for? :O
If you can't understand the uses of the CP-251, you should get one before looking at synthesizers.com stuff. Each CP-251 contains several modules, and is used to manipulate voltages used to control either MoogerFoogers or can be used with the SP via CV inputs. :wink:

Omaroo

Post by Omaroo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Crikey David - we're going to hear you across the ditch with those Galliens. LOL
Sub 37 Tribute, Waldorf Blofeld, MF-104M SD, Axiom 25, UMX-610, Propellerhead Balance, Truth B1030A mons, MacBook Pro i7, Live 9, Logic 10, Animoog.

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 pm

xombiexplox wrote:I've googled those things over and over, and I still don't quite understand their purpose. I understand they manipulate sounds somehow, but what sort of things will you use them for? :O
Analog synthesizer parameters are controlled by voltages called "control voltages" in short "CV's". For example, 1volt applied to the filter CV Input on the back of your Slim Phatty will move/offset the filter cutoff frequency from it's current knob position. Likewise, 1volt applied to the Pitch CV Input on the back of your Slim Phatty will move/offset the pitch from it's current knob position.

The CP251 is simply a bunch of useful "modules" (like the modules you were looking at at synthesizers.com) in one unit. It is for processing Control Voltages to effect the end sound in your Synthesizer (like your Slim Phatty) by using it to change the values of parameters for you (much like the modulation section on the Slim Phatty).

It contains a Mixer for mixing together different control voltage waves etc. , two 'volume' knobs (attenuators) for weakening a signal, a noise source for random voltage generation, a simple Low Frequency Oscillator (like the SP modulation section's wave generator), multiples (for sending one signal to multiple locations), a lag processor (delays/slows change from one voltage to another) and sample and hold (a stepped voltage type effect). You can "patch" these sections together using cables in a modular synthesizer fashion and use the voltages to effect the sound of your analog synth.

Hope this clears it up somewhat!

Regards,
David Smyth
NZ
Last edited by David Smyth on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Omaroo wrote:Crikey David - we're going to hear you across the ditch with those Galliens. LOL
Hahaha! :lol:
I could have got one cab, but I had to go all the way! Atleast there's nothing left to upgrade in that department!

P.S. I love your EB Voyager! especially in the dark.. I'm looking into getting a Voyager or starting a Buchla modular system soon (I can't decide which!).
Last edited by David Smyth on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omaroo

Post by Omaroo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:59 pm

David Smyth wrote:
Omaroo wrote:Crikey David - we're going to hear you across the ditch with those Galliens. LOL
Hahaha!
I could have got one cab, but I had to go all the way! Atleast there's nothing left to upgrade in that department!
Christchurch people need to raise a petition against you turning them on - otherwise they're going to disappear into the sea as you'll be the cause of the next quake. :shock:

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Well, this isn't Moog but...
I got this:
But when it arrived it looked like this:
And the owner of the company acted like this:
So I got a refund and got this:

I think my next purchase will probably be a dotcom cabinet.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.