Post your latest purchase!!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

Re: Post your latest purchase!!

Post by EricK » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:06 am

fyvewytches wrote:I've got to say IMHO Big in Japan is really terrible (I have a different version to yours, reddish cover)
I wouldn't call it terrible persay...It was more digital than I was hoping for..he seemed to gravitate towards the Fantom. There were several times his playing was just downright sloppy and some of the sequencer stuff was just way too long (Im referring to the DVD). I laughed when he got up and left (presumably to go to the bathroom) and let the keyboard station just run...lol I figured that his mistakes were due to age and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's entitled to mistakes.

I was inspired because I felt like the stuff that he did was stuff that I could do.

I bought this DVD after watching some of his stuff from the 70's and came across a youtube sample.

The blue cover is the American Version....supposedly the DVD from the other versions aren't compatible, though the Japanese version has longer tracks.

I haven't listened to the other discs yet.

I haven't been exposed to his work alot, but I really like him, he seems like a pretty humble guy.

I was hoping for an equipment list, or at least find out what those racks were. Looked like digital sequencers with presets....Need a few of those.

E
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:59 am

Here is a picture of my latest equipment....really liking the new setup so far... :

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:02 am

Latest purchases...more stuff than will fit on one page in my e-mail. Mostly electronic parts and tools. My absolute latest purchase is the MFOS 10 stage sequencer board. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

vasago

Post by vasago » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:40 am

Prime NL wrote:Here is a picture of my latest equipment....really liking the new setup so far... :
What is that thing in dead center? with the 909-ish style buttons?
Voyager Performer FR Revox2 Taurus3 mf;102,103,104zx2,105m,CP251x1 SEM Xpander 808 606 pro1x2 FR XS, FRorbx3 Modfactor timefactor space mopho PolyE Nord g1 Vermona drm mk3 KP3x2

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:47 am

vasago wrote:What is that thing in dead center? with the 909-ish style buttons?
I think you might be asking about the Elektron Machinedrum:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MachDrumMK2/

They make several high-end devices. All of them are very powerful:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/manufacturer/Elektron
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

vasago

Post by vasago » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:21 pm

no i meant the black machine with the white buttons O_o
Voyager Performer FR Revox2 Taurus3 mf;102,103,104zx2,105m,CP251x1 SEM Xpander 808 606 pro1x2 FR XS, FRorbx3 Modfactor timefactor space mopho PolyE Nord g1 Vermona drm mk3 KP3x2

muksys

Post by muksys » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:28 pm

vasago wrote:no i meant the black machine with the white buttons O_o
I was wondering the same thing. With my face smashed against the monitor, I was able to make out the manufacturer's name. Seqentix

xombiexplox

Post by xombiexplox » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:01 pm

muksys wrote:
vasago wrote:no i meant the black machine with the white buttons O_o
I was wondering the same thing. With my face smashed against the monitor, I was able to make out the manufacturer's name. Seqentix
lol muksys you are the MAN!
GEAR: Slingshot, yo-yo, baseball cap, heaphones, gummi wormz

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Cirklon is singlehandedly responsible for my spending $2,200 to jumpstart my Modular footprint.

I say that because I cannot afford one (with the CV adapter it turned into well over $2,500 with exchange rate and shipping) so I'm insanely jealous!.

But the need for near instant gratification (I did not want to wait on the list for the next round) and not having the bundle of cash to throw down pushed me in the other direction (for better or worse). Now I'm obsessed with the MOS-LAB gear and selling my bicycle, a pair of Commodore SX-64 computers, a Pinball machine and an old iPhone in order to fund that.

BUT your collection of top shelf gear is absolutely awesome!
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

xombiexplox

Post by xombiexplox » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:46 pm

EMwhite wrote:[...] Now I'm [...] selling my bicycle, a pair of Commodore SX-64 computers...
Are those the Commodore's that go for around $200????
:D

I'm jealous!
GEAR: Slingshot, yo-yo, baseball cap, heaphones, gummi wormz

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:39 pm

xombiexplox wrote:
EMwhite wrote:[...] Now I'm [...] selling my bicycle, a pair of Commodore SX-64 computers...
Are those the Commodore's that go for around $200????
:D

I'm jealous!
Those are the Commodores whose awesomeness is overshadowed by only one machine...the Amiga. :D That being said, I would gladly pay $500 for both of them shipped.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Yeah, the so-called Executive or SX-64 is that lug-able. Supposedly the first color portable ever made? (at least I read that somewhere)

I bought one years back, then bought a 2nd one which does not have the keyboard / cover. I'm listing both on eBay on Thursday evening. And yes, they go for about $200 these days. I'll likely get $300-350 I think for the pair. Also have a shrinkwrapped 1200 baud modem and a Commodore printer with two shrink wrapped ribbons (is there ink in there or is it dry, who knows) ha ha ha ha ha.

I have a bad habbit of buying stuff that I think I will someday get around to using. Case in point, my Commodore PET 4032; that's right 32K or RAM in a PET enclosure. What, you young whipper snappers never heard of that one? It has the dubious distinction of being the first computer my school system ever had in 1978 (I think); They had ONE and it was in the library of my middle school and you had to be in the gifted and talented club in order to get time on it. So I was neither : ) but I was friends with some real brainiacs so got to play character based space invaders... Ok, I'm boring you now...
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:59 am

The local community college had a couple of PET's laying around...along with multimeters and O-scopes from the WWII era. Also, removable hard disks for the IBM 360, as well as student records kept on 8 inch floppy disks dating back to 1983. They had an IBM 360 when my mom went to school there, from '75-'78, and it was used in computer science courses as well as for storing student records. Fascinating things, those vintage computers. :)

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:18 am

Back on topic, here's what I built with my latest purchases. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D9cc4wo ... DJXzpKwAOg