Post your latest purchase!!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Omaroo

Re: Post your latest purchase!!

Post by Omaroo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Now with new iPad 3.....

So, I can tell you now - that a Voyager, Slim Phatty, two iPads and an iPhone running Animoog plus four Eventide pedals all triggered off the Voyager sounds pretty special. :shock: My neighbours are going to hate me. :?

1024px: http://www.photoz.org/moog/3xanimoog.jpg
Sub 37 Tribute, Waldorf Blofeld, MF-104M SD, Axiom 25, UMX-610, Propellerhead Balance, Truth B1030A mons, MacBook Pro i7, Live 9, Logic 10, Animoog.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:31 am

Omaroo wrote:Now with new iPad 3.....

So, I can tell you now - that a Voyager, Slim Phatty, two iPads and an iPhone running Animoog plus four Eventide pedals all triggered off the Voyager sounds pretty special. :shock: My neighbours are going to hate me. :?
You need a Peavey KB 3-5 amp, or a Traynor K4 before your neighbors start hating you. My neighbors hate me, and I use a Phonic MK50 for amplification. They REALLY hated the Peavey, though. :wink:

My latest purchase consists of a bunch of blank Synths.com panels, a Q141, 10 2N2222 NPN transistors (metal case), some perf board, and a black smoke etched single space blank panel from http://www.pro-modular.com as well as the latest Abney Park CD. I'm going to be very busy in my workroom for a while. :twisted:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:44 am

That's beautiful, Omaroo. I'm a little jealous of your setup. :wink: Congrats on the new iPad. Have you tried the Jazzmutant Lemur App yet? I'm curious to hear some feedback on it.

I am also familiar with the hate of neighbors because I Insist on using all the speakers of my QSC PA no matter what I'm doing, especially since I got the Voyager last month. :lol:

Luckily, my older neighbor on the other side doesn't mind, he got excited last week when I was messing around with the sequence from On the Run. I came outside and he was sitting in his yard smoking a j and smiling, "Hotdamn man, I heard some Pink Floyd over there, sounds good." :lol:

muksys

Post by muksys » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:24 am

Omaroo wrote:Now with new iPad 3.....

1024px: http://www.photoz.org/moog/3xanimoog.jpg
Curious about the iPad3. I have heard, that, while it has a faster processor, the Retina display eats up a large chunk of it and in reality it's no faster than a 2. Have you noticed any large differences in processing?

Omaroo

Post by Omaroo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:39 pm

@namahshaman - Thanks :) It's a very practical setup, and is easily changed around if required. I have used the iPad Lemur app quite a bit, and actually developed a Voyager controller with it. A company called Liine does it, not the original Jazzmutant people. They're collaborating, or maybe Liine even bought them out - who knows. Maybe someone here does.

My Voyager Lemur app: http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/198/

You have a cool neighbour. I wish I did. LOL

@muksys - That's mostly true. I don't have an iPad 2, so I can't compare it directly. I do have an iPad 1 though, and one of the most complex apps out there - Korg's iMS-20 - had real trouble on the original iPad. On the 3, it screams. So, for me, it's a very big difference in speed. I've watched a few YouTube comparisons between various aspects of the iPad 2 vs 3, and they're faster than each other depending on circumstance. The 3 seems to communicate faster in most tests - and without the silly 4G LTE debate we're having here in Australia at the moment because the iPad 4G isn't compatible with our 4G network's frequency. Good move guys. :roll: Apart from that, the 3 is certainly no slower in real terms, and quite possibly faster in most respects. The main difference will be seen in situations like Paedra or Genome sequencing Animoog on the same device. The extra half gig of RAM (1Gb total in the 3 vs 512Mb in the 2) will certainly be a boon here. With that display... did I mention the display?... it's a far better unit overall. The 1080p camera in the 3 is also, let me say it because I do shoot a fair amount of video with my Canon 5D Mark-II, quite remarkable.
Sub 37 Tribute, Waldorf Blofeld, MF-104M SD, Axiom 25, UMX-610, Propellerhead Balance, Truth B1030A mons, MacBook Pro i7, Live 9, Logic 10, Animoog.

muksys

Post by muksys » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:18 pm

MIDIPal, my new toy I primarily got for my Minitaur. Gonna be a long night of hooking it up to all the synths.

Info can be found here. Currently there are only kits available, but mine was the first run (of 10) thats pre-built. Think I read it's going to be close to a month before the next batch of 250 are made available. Check it oot!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:06 pm

I've purchased everything but the board and 5% resistors for an MFOS 10 step sequencer. This includes a wood cranberry crate to be used as a housing. :)
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

muna93

Post by muna93 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:53 am

Yep! DIY is the way! All the components for my modular clone :D

Gear: Korg M50-88, YuSynth Modular (in progress)

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:28 am

Since posting pictures on the forum is problematic since the new format was introduced, I'm not going to even attempt it. No new music stuff for me since the DDVCO that filled the last free space in my modular.
I did buy a new car. First new one for me since 1986.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:47 am

You didn't buy that 91 year old's 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente with over 500K miles on it did you? lol
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

dave500

Post by dave500 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:03 pm

Image My music room is new
Last edited by dave500 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:11 pm

Nice and modular too!

Heres my latest:
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Omaroo

Post by Omaroo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Like. Like. Like.
EricK wrote:Nice and modular too!

Heres my latest:

fyvewytches

Post by fyvewytches » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:20 am

EricK wrote:Nice and modular too!

Heres my latest:
mmmm, I'm a big Schulze fan... I saw him live on the "Dig it" tour, "Trancefer" tour, "Audentity" tour and a couple of year ago with Lisa Gerrard.

I've got to say IMHO Big in Japan is really terrible (I have a different version to yours, reddish cover). I hope his new project (due in the summer) is up to his standards of a few years ago. Kontinuum is, to date, his last masterpiece.
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:39 am

dave500 wrote:Image My music room is new
Nice Dotcom there. What are those things on the wall? Are they some sort of acoustic processors?
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."