Post your latest purchase!!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Kenneth

Re: Post your latest purchase!!

Post by Kenneth » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:50 pm

muksys wrote:yo! Haven't been 'round these parts in what feels like ages...

Man, you are one lucky dude! I would absolutely love to own a Prodigy, and $500-$600 for one is more than just a good deal- it's a steal. Prices on the internet are skyrocketing, as with other vintage synthesizers, and I don't see the practicality in spending $1000 on one if it may not even be functioning properly. I look forward to hearing what you do with it my friend! Be sure to post links as soon as you get something up! :)
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

muksys

Post by muksys » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Kenneth wrote: Man, you are one lucky dude! I would absolutely love to own a Prodigy, and $500-$600 for one is more than just a good deal- it's a steal. Prices on the internet are skyrocketing, as with other vintage synthesizers, and I don't see the practicality in spending $1000 on one if it may not even be functioning properly. I look forward to hearing what you do with it my friend! Be sure to post links as soon as you get something up! :)
Thanks, yo! Sure wish I could use it! It's been at the shop for almost 3 weeks now. Waiting for them to complete the tuning and calibration. They said it should be done by the end of today. Of course I'm out of town. But the wifey said she will get it tomorrow! yay! Can't wait. I'll be sure to show it off youtube style. :D

EDIT: Still not done! WTH Deltronics!!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Deltronics is a little slow...to put it lightly. They have improved the quality of work since my buddy last took his Prodigy into their shop, though.

BTW... www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvs7TbPEXps I bought a working organ for $75, which is what my Farfisa workbench cost me. I also have Farfisa parts, in case I want to build a Lowfisa or a Farrey. :lol: The Lowrey Teenie Genie is a mere toy compared to the other two organs the Salvation Army had, but considering I already have bass pedals, I didn't want the Yamaha; the other Lowrey would not have fit in my Jeep, and also had bass pedals, so, yeah, the Teenie Genie was the only way to go.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:06 pm

Picked up a used MPK49 to control the Minitaur. Have not had much time with it or programed the knobs yet. Nice feel to the keyboard though.

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Brian G wrote:Image

Picked up a used MPK49 to control the Minitaur. Have not had much time with it or programed the knobs yet. Nice feel to the keyboard though.
I am interested in how your controller is working with the Minitaur (and if it works well for accessing "under the hood" settings such as Osc. Sync.) as I am currently saving for a Minitaur and a controller (haven't settled on a controller model yet).

*EDIT* I just noticed this is the same controller model line that Moog used to demonstrate the Minitaur at NAMM 2012 (the MPK25), and they were using it to easily access "under the hood" settings. Still, let me know how this controller is working out for you!

Regards,
David Smyth
NZ
Last edited by David Smyth on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

americankiwi

Post by americankiwi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:57 am

Hi Every one, My name is John
Im a newbie to Moog's and synth's, always been a listener to them since my teens in the 70's, i just never owned one..that was untill last month!, when i picked up 2 MINIMOOG D's..i traded these 2 mini's for some vintage audio equipment, that i collect for a hobby..they owe me about $200
they were in a very sorry state!...both dismantled and almost distroyed..i have been able to rebuild one so far..i did have to steal a few parts off the other, but i will also rebuild the 2nd one soon...they came with a extra oscillator board...2 old style and 1 updated..i was able to use the updated with a new uA726HC....since refinishing the wood-box i now know the MOOG badge is not in the right placing..i will move it to the right area soon, here are some photos of what i started with.... they are serial #'s 4714 / 5372

Image Image Image Image
Last edited by americankiwi on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bhrama

Post by bhrama » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Just got a Strymon Timeline and its plays very well with the Eventide Space! Fun for sonic explorations. Next stop for a Mono/poly...anyone?
P6, Tempest, Sub37

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:10 am

The addiction continues!
Just picked up the Minituar by Moog.

I am so anxious to sequence that thing with my iPad.

Happy day.
Should be here by mid next week. :mrgreen:

I cannot wait to do some work with a few Moggers. :D
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

grapeflavor

Post by grapeflavor » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:57 pm

My latest purchase.

Its polyphony compliments my Phatty very nicely. :P
Moog Little Phatty, Korg Radias, Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai, NI Massive, Ableton Live 8, Saffire Pro 40

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:45 pm

Congrats grapeflavor ! Looks sharp !
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Khatru2U

Post by Khatru2U » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:47 pm

An Access Virus TI2 Keyboard has just happily arrived. Personally I think it compliments my Voyager extremely well. The keyboard action is "to die for." I have very limited space in my very temporary living situation, so I had to put my Little Phatty away to make room for the Virus :( Oh well, these circumstances shouldn't last long.
MVXL, MLPS2, AccessVTi2K, Korg MS2000, Novation K-Station, Alesis QS6.2, Arturia MiniBrute, Kurzweil 2500RS, MF-101,102,103,104M,105M,107,108M, Stuff

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Ok, not really a purchase, but I did buy the parts for my external amp speaker. I completed it a couple days ago, and took a crappy phone pic. It consists of a Dayton Audio DC-300, a Studio Pro WH8, and 8 tweeters. Sounds awesome! Video coming soon.

http://voltor07.deviantart.com/art/Stea ... -326057722
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Really really (really) excited about my latest purchase.

It's a Mutable Instruments board set; fresh from France. They even sent me the 'movie poster' postcard of the 4 Pole Mission filter (which leverages filter mode mixing features similar to the Oberheim Matirix 12). May be too nice to build !!
DSC_0083.jpeg
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!