Order your Minitaur now!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
User avatar
_DemonDan_
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: Order your Minitaur now!

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:56 pm

muksys wrote:Sorry, didn't want to misquote you.
No worries whatsoever. Neither of you misquoted me.
I just wanted to put the quote in the context it was given.

I can't wait to get mine so I can hear those bass notes on
stage at our live Pink Droyd shows:

Time, Welcome To The Machine, Obscured By Clouds,
Any Colour You Like, On The Run, Free Four...

Into 14,000 Watts of Subs!
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

LivePsy
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:35 am

Re: Order your Minitaur now!

Post by LivePsy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:08 pm

I wish I lived on your side of the world Dan! Pink Droyd sounds great!
I've stopped talking now.

Spitfire
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Re: Order your Minitaur now!

Post by Spitfire » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:42 am

Thanks.
Minimoog Model D / Moog Little Phatty TE / DSI Prophet 08 / Elektron Digitone / Elektron Octatrack Mkii / Clavia Nord Wave / Nord Drum II / Clavia Nord Lead 3 / Roland TR-707 / Roland TB-03 / Korg MS-20 / Access Virus TI 2 Polar / Roland SH-101 /:mrgreen:

User avatar
David Smyth
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:40 am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Order your Minitaur now!

Post by David Smyth » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:19 pm

A more detailed demo of the Minitaur - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CUMiBDw ... nB9uw2rRIT

Regards,
David Smyth
NZ
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

EMwhite
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Middlesex

Re: Order your Minitaur now!

Post by EMwhite » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Outstanding. What they need now is a similar video detailing all of the Midi CC functionality, the obvious (to us) use of an expression pedal to tweak Filter, a ribbon controller connected to PItch and gate, and generic (low cost) sequencer and even lower cost basic drum machine for droning.

Much of the community ONLY know how to connect up with a midi cable and play notes, the whole world of interfacing between (first) basic interfacing options as explained above, and later, CP 251 and foggers will draw more people in.... (I think)
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Goom
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:01 am

Re: Order your Minitaur now!

Post by Goom » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:15 am

I'm curious that the dimensions are of the Minitaur. Anyone know?

CTRLSHFT
Posts: 986
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: boulder, co
Contact:

Re: Order your Minitaur now!

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:58 am

Goom wrote:I'm curious that the dimensions are of the Minitaur. Anyone know?
iirc Amos mentioned PCB is about 4.3" h x 7.8" w. I'm sure they'll have some ears/rack kit for it at some point. It's itty bitty.
www.ctrlshft.com

Wavezero
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:07 am

Re: Order your Minitaur now!

Post by Wavezero » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:11 am

Were are the wooden sides man?? :| ...

User avatar
_DemonDan_
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: Order your Minitaur now!

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:36 pm

muksys wrote:Daniel Fisher's answer was: If you are using if for recording, let it warm up for a while.
If you are using it live, just a couple of minutes.
MC wrote:The reason that most analog synths need a "warm-up" time is because the exponential
converter circuit includes a temperature factor that affects tuning and thus the circuit
needs to "warm-up" before the conversion is accurate.

Note I said "most". Because the Minitaur uses linear VCOs that do NOT have the expo
converter, no warm-up time is needed.
From the Minitaur User's Manual (now available online):
"NOTE: A warm up period of about 15 minutes is recommended for the Minitaur to
reach concert pitch. The warm up period may be a little longer if the Minitaur has
been stored outside the recommended operating temperature range."
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

User avatar
muksys
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:05 am
Contact:

Re: Order your Minitaur now!

Post by muksys » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:03 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
muksys wrote:Daniel Fisher's answer was: If you are using if for recording, let it warm up for a while.
If you are using it live, just a couple of minutes.
MC wrote:The reason that most analog synths need a "warm-up" time is because the exponential
converter circuit includes a temperature factor that affects tuning and thus the circuit
needs to "warm-up" before the conversion is accurate.

Note I said "most". Because the Minitaur uses linear VCOs that do NOT have the expo
converter, no warm-up time is needed.
From the Minitaur User's Manual (now available online):
"NOTE: A warm up period of about 15 minutes is recommended for the Minitaur to
reach concert pitch. The warm up period may be a little longer if the Minitaur has
been stored outside the recommended operating temperature range."
Ha, yeah I read that. Thought of you. Question officially answered!

User avatar
_DemonDan_
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: Order your Minitaur now!

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:20 pm

muksys wrote:Ha, yeah I read that. Thought of you.
Question officially answered!
But, like you, my real-world experience
was that it seemed fine when I booted it.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

User avatar
muksys
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:05 am
Contact:

Re: Order your Minitaur now!

Post by muksys » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:45 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
muksys wrote:Ha, yeah I read that. Thought of you.
Question officially answered!
But, like you, my real-world experience
was that it seemed fine when I booted it.

And now that I have one in my hands (thank you sweetwater :) ), I can say, yeah, it's pretty solid when first powered up.

Post Reply