Why does background audio kick out and stutter in Animoog?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
lluvaas

Why does background audio kick out and stutter in Animoog?

Post by lluvaas » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:16 pm

I just started composing with Animoog and updated the app so that now I can have the loops in the background, but when I go to another Ipad app the loop goes in and out in terms of the audio. It's not working well at all. I have enough gigs and the Ipad 1 got the best one too. It works fine with all other functions and my other music apps work fine too. This is the first time I've had this experience and it's very disappointing because I wanted to use the background feature and not solely copy/paste to combine loops with other apps.

Does anyone know why this could be happening? I did shut down/power off the Ipad thinking that a refresh might help, but it made no difference.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Lucind

cliffman

Re: Why does background audio kick out and stutter in Animoo

Post by cliffman » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:52 pm

lluvaas wrote:I just started composing with Animoog and updated the app so that now I can have the loops in the background, but when I go to another Ipad app the loop goes in and out in terms of the audio. It's not working well at all. I have enough gigs and the Ipad 1 got the best one too. It works fine with all other functions and my other music apps work fine too. This is the first time I've had this experience and it's very disappointing because I wanted to use the background feature and not solely copy/paste to combine loops with other apps.

Does anyone know why this could be happening? I did shut down/power off the Ipad thinking that a refresh might help, but it made no difference.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Lucind
No idea really, but I read in a thread on another product's forum that when you have multiple apps going on the iPad, it's possible that the foreground app and background app aren't agreeing on audio buffer sizes.
Apparently, if you plug in the headphone jack and unplug it, it may cause the app to request a proper buffer size. This is totally a WAG, thought it might be worth a mention.

lluvaas

Re: Why does background audio kick out and stutter in Animoo

Post by lluvaas » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:04 pm

I only have Alchemy open, but I have to close the window of Animoog to access Alchemy and as soon as I do I get the stuttering audio which is totally unusable in the background.

If the company advertises that it has background audio than it should work.

Lucind