Moogfest

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
ZenHead

Moogfest

Post by ZenHead » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:38 am

I’m kind of surprised to not see many, if any, post about Moogfest.

I went. It was one of the best musical experiences I’ve had; possibly ever. I got in to Asheville on Friday. I missed the seminars but caught Tangerine Dream, Moby, then walked a mile to see Anika at the orange peel. Saturday I walked to the Moog store/factory. It was amazing that such a small place could put out so much impact in the music world. The guys at the store were awesome; kind of like rock stars in their own rights.

I ran to catch Brian Eno’s talk; that was amazing. I went to the YMI art gallery to see his 77 million paintings; I got it. That was amazing too. That night I caught the Stick Men, Adrian Belew, then walked out to see the last bit from the flamming lips. Then I walked to the civic center to see Amon Tobin blow the crowd away with his ISAM show. The last show I saw was St. Vincent. Anne Clark can rock.

Sunday I walked around Asheville in the morning then went back to the store and played a Moog Guitar for the first time in my life. It took some getting used to but after a few minutes I got the hang of it and realized its not your ordinary guitar but much more with six strings. That night I caught Beats Antique, Childish gambino, then ran again to the Thomas Wolf auditorium to see Neon Indian, I ended the night with Umphris Mcgee. All while sampling the Bob Moog brew from a local brewery.

What a time. I want to do it again next year. I felt at home in Asheville and at Moogfest. I thought there might be an audience for the type of music I’m into playing. Oh, and I parked the car for the weekend and walked everywhere I went. It was healthy too.

ZenHead

Re: Moogfest

Post by ZenHead » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:44 am

Check this photo I took on the last day. Somebody told me that I caught the spirit of Bob Moog at the festival.
Attachments
Moog-Light-1.JPG

museslave

Re: Moogfest

Post by museslave » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:18 am

You missed the panels??? Oh MAN... come onnn! You missed a chance to see Herb Deutsch, Dick Hyman, David Borden, and Larry Fast talk about synths?? Shame on you. : )
www.youtube.com/user/automaticgainsay
www.myspace.com/automaticgainsay2
www.myspace.com/godfreyscordialmusic