Please Post Your Problem Resolutions

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
mayidunk

Please Post Your Problem Resolutions

Post by mayidunk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:36 am

I've been away from the board for awhile due to life getting in the way. It's good to see a lot of new faces around here, as well as all the "old" faces. ;)

Anyway, as I've been looking through the posts one thing I've noticed is that people will post questions or problems, then others will post possible solutions, there will be some discussion, and then the thread just stops dead, leaving you hanging. No posts saying whether or not the problem got fixed, or how it got fixed.

No outcome.

One of the things I've always liked about this board is how friendly and helpful people are, and how we can literally talk to the people who build and repair these instruments! It is a wealth of stored information that people can go back to over and over again. However, unless people post the outcome of their problems, there's no way for others to know whether or not the suggestions and solutions posted by others actually worked for them, or if they came up with their own solution, and if so, what that solution was!

Boards like this are places where people feed each other. Not posting the solutions and outcomes is like dropping the fork just before it reaches the mouth! Good intentions... but people starve nevertheless.

Just a thought....

Anyway, it's good to be back! :mrgreen:

Kevin Lightner

Re: Please Post Your Problem Resolutions

Post by Kevin Lightner » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:49 am

While not universal, generally if a service person doesn't hear back from a customer, it's good news.
An absence of further discussion can sometimes indicate success.

People tend to complain more when they don't get what they wanted.
If a cure worked, people are more apt to go on with their lives.
Few people call their doctors to say they're ok. ;-)
Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime. - R. Pupkin

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:17 pm

I understand that, Kevin. However, people posting their outcomes can help others who may have the same questions about their gear.

moogslob

Post by moogslob » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:37 pm

amen- I've been intrigued by odd issues posted on here, in case they ever happened to me- but, rarely is the true resolution seen- It may be one of the offered fixes did the trick, but a lack of response could also indicate the poster gave up and took it/sent it to be repaired...
Voyager Old School, Etherwave Theremin, Wurlitzer 200A, MS2000, Gretsch Anni, dinged up surfboard x 2

http://www.moped10.com

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:47 pm

Good idea, but it would require a sub forum for technical issues, and subsequent sub forums for the individual products, and stickies for the most common problems and the most commonly resolved problems.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:17 pm

Yikes!

:shock:

All it would need is a last post in the thread saying what worked, that's all! :mrgreen:

LaxSlash1993

Post by LaxSlash1993 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:59 pm

EricK wrote:Good idea, but it would require a sub forum for technical issues, and subsequent sub forums for the individual products, and stickies for the most common problems and the most commonly resolved problems.
I think that various sub forums for individual vintage products would be a great idea. (Memorymoog/Minimoog Model D/ Source etc.) Then you have another forum for general synth talk. Aside from better organization, it may help get more users who otherwise wouldn't join, because they know the new Moog Music doesn't support vintage products. New users = new problems posted = help fixing them = more knowledge. :)