Moogfest 2011

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
slabwax

Moogfest 2011

Post by slabwax » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:25 pm

So who all is going? I'm thinking about it real hard. And my wife just gave me the go ahead :D . Seems like it could be a lot of fun, or it could also be a cluster flux ( I just love large crowds). I started twitching when I saw that Eno was go to give a talk. So now I must ponder. Who has gone in the past? Would you do it again?

Slabwax

latigid on

Re: Moogfest 2011

Post by latigid on » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:20 am

If anybody wants to shout me a ticket to NC, I'm there. A very tasty line-up.

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:07 am

What's the lineup? Some of us can only go one or two days, and that will help us pick what day to attend.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:00 pm

slabwax wrote:So who all is going? I'm thinking about it real hard. And my wife just gave me the go ahead :D . Seems like it could be a lot of fun, or it could also be a cluster flux ( I just love large crowds). I started twitching when I saw that Eno was go to give a talk. So now I must ponder. Who has gone in the past? Would you do it again?

Slabwax
I went last year (by myself). Got permission from my wife, booked myself a flight and flew into Charlotte (it was the best rate) and rented a car for the drive up. The only day I could go was Friday (the first night) and I got there a few hours before it all started, left around 1am, drove down to Charlotte again and stayed in hotel near the airport.

It was indeed a clusterflux, and I mean that in a good way. Jam packed end to end for the most part. There were 3 or 4 venues spread out across Asheville and the crowd was largely on the young side (college age through early to mid-20s) but also some geezers like me (I'm mid 40's).

Very different line up last year and for me I wanted to see Devo (sort of worked out) and the dedication from Moog to Mark and Gerry; MGMT and a few others. It was a really good vibe, I would definitely go again but sadly cannot this year.

The other cool thing is that it's close to Halloween so many people were dressed up, I can imagine that Saturday was even better.

Get yourself VIP tickets (if they do this again) and you'll get to go to the pre-show get together where a few famous Moog people will be hanging around. Otherwise, the likes of Amos and company are typically too busy to chat but who knows, maybe you can grab an ear. Do your best to get there early so that you can get a tour around the Moog factory which is much much closer to the venues.

I have to say as much as I loved it, I missed alot of the demo stuff, lecture, etc. by not being there Saturday, etc. Wanted to see circuit bending contest, etc.

Take some pictures and give us a good writeup upon your return. I'm jealous already.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

ZenHead

Post by ZenHead » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:46 am

I'm going to Moogfest 2011. I got the VIP tickets.

For anyone that's been the in the past, what time does MF begin. I'm thinking I'm going to get to Asheville around 4:00ish. Looking forward to seeing Tangerine Dream, Moby, Adrian Belew. Eno too. This is like a pilgramge for me. I'm hoping to get a chance to learn some stuff that others are doing.

This is going to Rock...or something.

Be Zen.

seank

Post by seank » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:37 pm

just showing off my foog box to dan deacon...

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:58 pm

i wont be going this year, i'm actually getting married that weekend :D but next year if the line up is good i'm definitely going. it was actually my girlfriend's idea (!) she even said we could check out the factory/store :mrgreen: .....i'm kinda nervous to see what she wants out of all of this lol
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

fyvewytches

Post by fyvewytches » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:15 am

ColorForm2113 wrote:i wont be going this year, i'm actually getting married that weekend :D but next year if the line up is good i'm definitely going. it was actually my girlfriend's idea (!) she even said we could check out the factory/store :mrgreen: .....i'm kinda nervous to see what she wants out of all of this lol
Wow.... does she have a sister ?? :mrgreen:
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:58 am

fyvewytches wrote:
ColorForm2113 wrote:i wont be going this year, i'm actually getting married that weekend :D but next year if the line up is good i'm definitely going. it was actually my girlfriend's idea (!) she even said we could check out the factory/store :mrgreen: .....i'm kinda nervous to see what she wants out of all of this lol
Wow.... does she have a sister ?? :mrgreen:
Actually yes, but shes married already lol
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step