Clustr Flux Questions for Greg/Amos

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

Clustr Flux Questions for Greg/Amos

Post by EricK » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:36 am

1. Is there an LFO output?
2. Is the LFO waveshape continuously variable or a switch?
3. Is there a way to Midi Sync to the Midi Murf or are the MIDI connections both inputs only?

Sounds good so far!

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

EMwhite

Re: Clustr Flux Questions for Greg/Amos

Post by EMwhite » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:28 pm

EricK wrote:1. Is there an LFO output?
2. Is the LFO waveshape continuously variable or a switch?
3. Is there a way to Midi Sync to the Midi Murf or are the MIDI connections both inputs only?

Sounds good so far!

Eric
You didn't ask me Eric and I'm only right 2/3rds of the time (was always a 66% student) but based on what I've read and seen (and based on folks that I've spoken to about this stuff):

1. No LFO output in the stock pedal. I'm hoping they'll allow for a modification (send pedal in, etc).
2. LFO switch seems stepped like on the Voyager, if you watch Cyril's hand carefully you can see that he doesn't even look, his hand just moves to next detent.
3. Likely input only just like the Murf, but drive it with your Phatty clock output or your DAW or your drum clock through a 'thru' box and you can drive both pedals by the same clock.

One of the guys posted something to the effect of "come on, this little bugger is being selfish keeping the LFO all to itself.... : )" and I think that's the case. But it's a hell of a great sounding pedal and seems absolutely endless from a flexibility perspective, I can't wait to get mine.

Greg or Amos will correct me I'm sure but I do think that I got at least 2/3 questions correct and hey, maybe even got 100% correct for once !! : )
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:04 pm

That would be a damn shame if there was no LFO out. It would be one of the best pedals to suppliment your modular set-up if it had one.

Chris Stack mentioned that it is awesome when you can sequence the time input via exernal sequencer.

I liked the demos, but I saw their 5 voice phatty and Taurus pedals and was hoping the demos were going to contain a little bit more, but from what I heard of it so far Im pretty impressed. There was no guessing that a Moog effect wouldn't be awesome.

I like the idea about them wanting to implement midi sync.....but it seems to me that their products should play together better before trying to play with other things.

For example, getting duophonics with Voyager's could be more like the Slims, and the same thing goes for the Taurus. And it should be able to Midi sync with their Midi Murf since those two effects would seem to compliment eachother VERY nicely.
Im sure that something could be done via cv though.

I really wish i could demo one of the units....Id love to hear it with the delay pedal, etc.

If you get those right, you get a free sticker......maybe.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:44 pm

The cool thing about this pedal, which is different from all of the other Flange/Phaser/Chorus types that I've seen is the absolute wild range of sonic mayhem that can be created.

I have a Diamond ML 2 analog delay and one of the big 'improvements' over the standard Memory Lane is that it has a sensitivity switch inside that prevents self oscillation because the original was criticized as being too easy to send into orbit.

Moog isn't afraid of that (I don't have to tell you) and that's the beauty.

At the same time, I was very impressed with the delicate textures of the recorded samples (below the video), however notice that they were primarily guitar. The dynamics and harmonic structures of a guitar just go ethereal when pushed through the 108. I just really love the sound and can't wait to get my hands on it. It's got to be the most feature packed pedal yet.

I've seen spy photos (in my dreams) of the board and it's as dense (if not more dense) than the MurF's innards; these guys aren't anywhere near fooling around with this thing and the fact that they are using a high caliber BBD Panasonic none the less adds to the intrigue and what might be a low production run.

As for the free sticker, having visited Moog several times, I already have a stack... (anybody want one? PM me, I've seen alot of people quite broken up about not getting theirs). : )
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

fyvewytches

Post by fyvewytches » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:38 am

Where can we see this video you guys are talking about ?

Thanks.
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:40 am

fyvewytches wrote:Where can we see this video you guys are talking about ?

Thanks.
SeanK posted a link available at the bottom if this thread: http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=11854

seank

Post by seank » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:12 pm

i could always use more moog stickers... by my count, they owe me at least 9 haha.