Microkorg & Slim Phatty

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
CharlieNAFFAH

Microkorg & Slim Phatty

Post by CharlieNAFFAH » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi everybody,

I bought yesterday the Slim Phatty.
I'm trying to use my microkorg as a midi controller for the Slim Phatty but I can't find out how both work together.

I have tried different types of MIDI & Audio setups. It works sometimes but the Slim reacts very weird when I press a note.

Please help me, I've spent lots of hours on it and I need help.
I have this configuration:

- Macbook Pro w/ Ableton Live 8,
- Slim Phatty,
- Microkorg,
- Audio & MIDI Cables.

Thank you a lot in advance for your help...

LaxSlash1993

Re: Microkorg & Slim Phatty

Post by LaxSlash1993 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:55 pm

What exactly happens? Do settings change, programs change, or does it play a weird note?

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:59 pm

You should reach out to Amos directly or call tech support on Monday. If memory serves, there is an issue with some of the Korg keyboards and possible the Micro specifically. Some people have experienced key stuck issue on that keyboard while other controllers have worked perfectly.

And yes, it would be good to see exactly what the symptoms are.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Joeg27

Post by Joeg27 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:31 pm

@CharlieNAFFAH-----

Just curious- any resolution to this problem? :idea:
I L.U.V. the SP.

yarhkob

Post by yarhkob » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:50 am

Hey I'm having a similar problem. Pretty much same setup. Mac Book Pro, Ableton 8, microkorg as midi controller for the slim phatty. I've only just started messing around with it in the last few hours. MY girlfriend bought it and it works fine with her midi keyboard, I think its an M-Audio one. like 49 key with knobs and faders and stuff. The Microkorg seems to sound different she thinks from some patches she made. Also after about a minute it just sustains and doesnt stop until you turn off and turn on the slim phatty again. Kinda weird , dont know how to fix it except get another midi keyboard if im going to use it live....

any answers ??
cheers